This is better than Empire

This is better than Empire.

Other urls found in this thread:

newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas
youtube.com/watch?v=KQxKOlrfZKc&ab_channel=SITHLORD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I agree. Empire was midquel with no beginning or ending. SW on other hand was pretty straightforward, and i was satisfied after watching it.

Every thread here is more dumber than the last now.

>Empire was midquel with no beginning or ending

this is really not significant, as you can see the movie on its own and find it interesting

True. Empire really falls flat for me during the cloud city stuff, not counting the Luke/Vader duel.

I always thought they are about equal.

I enjoy both. 1A and 1B

I agree, the pacing in Empire is abysmal on re-watch

A New Hope is the best out of them all.
Christ they fucked up Return of the Jedi with the stupid fucking shit in non-Luke parts

>yfw Lucas doesn't like Empire as much because he doesn't like the sloppy editing
Lucas is a smart cookie, i'm telling you guys.

Best parts of Empire are better than best parts of New Hope. But worst parts of Empire are worse than worst parts of New Hope.

And then he made fucking Return.

Fuck off.

I've been saying this. You know if Star Wars was a one off like it was originally inteded I dont think I would have minded that.

The Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes in Return are better than anything in ESB.

Also, his wife cucked him for the guy painting their house while the movie was being made, cut the guy some slack.

The kneejerk "lucasisshitlolfuckhim" is getting old.

Empire > New Hope > Rogue One > Return > Revenge > Force Unleashed >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> clone wars > menace

Return is good except for the ewoks. Ending is top tier as far as the series goes.

lol go back to Sup Forums you slime

The new music makes the ending 10 times better.

Okay put Unleashed ahead of Revenge if it bothers you so much

Return should be #3

How could you possibly enjoy rogue one I don't understand how people like it, it's genuinely fucking awful I'd almost rather watch clone wars

so far the only main SW film that doesn't end with 2 dudes fighting with laser sticks. Destroying the Death Star feels more important and relevant that space samurais killing each other.

The best trilogy

ep 4 is my personal favorite

Not even being ironic revenge of the sith is a great movie and would rather watch than return or empire. New hope is a masterpiece though.

Empire was better than Star Wars.

lol

I agree, and so does anyone with taste.
newyorker.com/culture/cultural-comment/what-the-seven-star-wars-films-reveal-about-george-lucas

better movie overall
I like Empire more though, but i'm a sucker for family drama + the Jedi traning shit

Empires pacing felt weird. IV flowed much, much better.

this

I agree that Revenge is great but I wouldn't go that far

Thank you, Captain Obvious

Empire had Solo, Chewie, Leia and Robot doing nothing most of the time, and then being buttfucked by Lil' Green Vader while Luke become a Jedi in a week

New Hope had Peter Cushing amd Alec Guinesses and Death Star

>The Vader/Luke/Emperor scenes in Return are better than anything in ESB
I'm tired of this meme. The throne room fight is great and all, but the Cloud City duel is vastly superior in terms of set design, choreography, ambience, emotion, and meaning in the overall course of the movie.

But the symbolism in RotJ dude... you just don't get it

redditors only love Empire because "le darker = better"

testing, ignore this post

You call this bait?

This is the only Star Wars movie I have seen. Look guys, it just isn't my thing. I tried.

This. Throne Room duel is thematically boring as fuck, but the Cloud City duel is amazing.

Empire and Jedi were both proto-SJW garbage with lame female empowerment narratives.

Episode IV was brilliant and had wide appeal because it used traditional adventure and fantasy storytelling techniques.

The throne room duel music is top 5 tracks of the whole trilogy and it only plays for 30 seconds.

youtube.com/watch?v=KQxKOlrfZKc&ab_channel=SITHLORD

a simple but most valid critique

Autism speaks