This movie changed my life

This movie changed my life

You decided not to be a dumbass like him?

The official Sup Forums position is that this movie sucks and that McCandless was an idiot.

Did it make you become a wizard and die in the woods of food poisoning?

So you just turned 16?

Read about Richard Proenneke

Are you passionate about being a complete and utter dumbass leaving your first world family to peruse answers to questions you have no right to ask, eventually finding yourself munching on maggots and dying after consuming some poison berries too, friend?

>simpletons still talking shit about McCandless and what he was striving for

Yeah, nah, not in the mood right now to be disappointed further. At least try to be funny when you're shitposting

>I don't fit into society
>I'll go out and live by myself in Alaska, how hard could it be
The book really makes him out to be this misunderstood genius who died because of things he couldn't have known but he seems like a moron. He had his whole life and tons of opportunities and threw it away. I felt worse for Timothy Treadwell, that guy had nothing

>be university level educated
>doesn't considering what he's going to eat in the winter when animals are scarce
>doesn't buy a book about fauna so he knows whats edible

Moral of the story, sometimes people get what they deserve

McCandless died of starvation and that was his goal

If that's true how does it make him less of a retard?

Why didn't he just stay with this qt? Was he gay?

>The official Sup Forums position

cringe

A old guy I used to work with watched this movie and then became worried that I'd end up like McCandless.

I still have access to the inter

>I still have access to the inter
I guess you got cut off

He didn't want to be a heroin junkie and get AIDS

newfag detected

That's what happened to me. I stopped having thoughts of wanting to run away into the wilderness.

He chose his ending. Wait a minute, he didn't. His blunder caught him off-guard, I dunno what that guy you replied to was projecting.

I sympathise with McCandless's restlessness. He wasn't a dick to leave the old man alone, he knew he would never be able to settle down until he found what he was looking for. The guy got his shit royally pushed in anyway, dunno why you keep repeating his failures and getting off on it. Nobody's denying he fucked up his preparation.

>The book really makes him out to be this misunderstood genius

Reading a wikipedia summary doesn't count as reading the book, you cheeky liar. The book was completely bald in outlining his DNA and exposing all of McCandless's flaws in his thinking and rationalization. You just don't seem to comprehend that the author still sympathized with the flawed kid and his hunger.

Timothy Treadwell was sick, and yet still managed to last an impressive number of days out in the wild before a bear put an end to him. And even then it was because the current horde of them had left to be replaced by unfamiliar ones. I dunno why you're making it out to be a competition, they're not comparable at all

>dunno why you keep repeating his failures and getting off on it

Kek what the fuck are you talking about? I swear people assume there's some kind of conspiracy when they see an opinion they don't agree with. I can't even remember the last into the wild thread I posted in and I'm hardly getting off on it, its a shame he didn't put in the planning in order to survive because its a dumb ending to his story.

Use your head, you know I meant "you" and in those of you who get into that fuckery like If that doesn't apply to you, then ignore? Why're you getting defensive on their behalf? Calm yourself

gee user I was just asking
I'm just saying if you reject Kirsten pussy you're probably a homo.

>he fucked up his preparation.

He didn't prepare at all because he thought survival would be instinctual.

Don't you try to butter me up with that peace offering, I'll foken burst ye

Even a homo wouldn't have turned down Kirsten pussy that was aching that badly for them. They could've at least shown him fucking her and then immediately losing interest. I don't know what the fuck that boy was, I can't operate on his level of restraint.

t. city fag that never went 30 min. into the wild

You should watch Grizzly Man next!

Kris10 thread?

get a better life