youtube.com/watch?v=Py5xXBREBRk
behance.net/gallery/25344985/Doctor-Who-SPACE-PROMO-PACKAGE
youtu.be/Py5xXBREBRk
youtu.be/oMuvjieWgjw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>we get a pretty good trailer for once
>/who/ complains
what a bunch of contrarians desu

Yeah we haven't had one of these specially shot ones in ages, feels like they're actually trying with the hype this time

>he enjoys doctor who from series 5 onwards

Yeah this was way better than the last few we've gotten.

Was pretty neat desu
I just wish it would have been longer

capaldi looked GOAT

Yeah, they should've had some actual clips from the show at the end like the Series 1 trailer.

still haven't watched the christmas special should I bother?

Ye

the one that looks like Smith was in the first trailer, she's the screaming drenched woman

it's the best capaldi christmas

Is it me or is the trailer squashed down? Everyone has a really wide face.

youtube.com/watch?v=RYIu7Qlqh4M
youtube.com/watch?v=0pkgVNbg4Zo
youtube.com/watch?v=EpbmMhNe6aA
youtube.com/watch?v=loGm3vT8EAQ

Specially shot trailers are GOAT

You get to see Nardole as the Doctor's actual companion, some nice moments for both of them, and the start of a series 10 plot thread so I'd say it's pretty important

I still think the superhero was an awful idea, especially considering it was hyped up by Moffat and Gatiss to be Moffat's best script

>youtube.com/watch?v=RYIu7Qlqh4M

muh dick

Strange, the BBC and the Doctor Who channel uploads have different aspect ratios
youtube.com/watch?v=AAQPDDX8nhg
youtube.com/watch?v=Py5xXBREBRk

Why does Christopher Eccleston work so well as the Doctor?

Why can't we have more of him in the best Moffat episodes?

I appreciate that they made the effort to make a specially shot trailer. But they could've made it...y'know, good?

The upper left looks like a nuCyberman. Mondas deconfirmed, I guess.

Northern people are based.

New cybermen. Get hype!

behance.net/gallery/25344985/Doctor-Who-SPACE-PROMO-PACKAGE

no

Explain what's wrong with it then autistic smartarse

youtu.be/Py5xXBREBRk

That music.. have we heard it before?

Not necessarily.
Maybe they don't wanna reveal them yet...Maybe.

Either it's the old ones coming back or they used a stock cyberman image for the trailer.

It's extremely cheesy, Bill still talks like a retard, Matt Lucas pulls another stupid face and Capaldi's hair and costume look like crap. You did ask.

Maybe?
What do you think it is? the only thing coming to mind is Torchwood.

>It's extremely cheesy,
Welcome to Doctor Who.

>Bill still talks like a retard
Frank Offerino back to Sup Forums

>Matt Lucas pulls another stupid face
Okay.

>Capaldi's hair and costume look like crap
No.

I cant decide which one of these posts is more cancerous.

Probably. The one who composed it worked on Class.

I don't watch it for the plot.

THANK YOU. That's what it sounds like. All right, we haven't heard it before.

"And Torchwood is ready."
dunna dunna dun da dun, DA DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN~

I remember my friend said he saw the series 4 teaser with Donna in the cinema. I was so fucking jealous, he didn't even like Doctor Who.

I miss the hype for series 5 the most though. That teaser was so cheesy but I've always loved it. Miss the 50th too - I was hyped beyond belief after seeing that teaser.

I take umbrance with the Sup Forums remark. Martha was also a black Londoner and she didn't sound like she'd been dropped on the head as a baby.

That, too. And Class had pretty all right music. Nothing really inspired or wonderful.. but I did like the song in the trailer.

tfw Moffat made a specially shot trailer cause he knows it's his last go :(

What did Steven mean by this?

At least we have Cybermen confirmed. It's got to just be a placeholder - why would they bring the RTD ones back?

WE

WILL

MAKE

DOCTOR WHO

GREAT

AGAIN

Bill is cute. CUTE!

>THANK YOU. That's what it sounds like
Glad I could help, this is the first time I've got a "what does this sound like" right.

To get back the mouthbreather RTD audience

Why would they need a placeholder? They would have already shot it by now. Unless you think they wanna keep a secret.. then they should've just not put the Cybermen in, period.

This whole trailer was well-shot and I think that everything they put in was done with a lot of conviction and intention — we'll be getting Cybus Cybermen in some way or form. Maybe a generational war between older and newer models of Cybermen, if you wanna hold onto the idea of seeing old Mondasians again.

Because the Moffat ones were even worse.

Yeah, this shot especially, I thought she was really cute. I LOOOOVE the way her hair bounces.
I used to think that Bill wasn't cute but I'm changing my mind, even if it is just movie magic that makes her look nicer. She's a qt.

I was just thinking maybe the guy who had to put all the faces in just decided to put the first Cyberman picture he could find on there

I DON'T WANT FUCKING CYBUSMEN I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS REEEEEEEE

I WAS PROMISED THE GLORIOUS ENDING OF A KNIGHT

Why didn't they put Missy's face in the trailer? She is the Doctor's archenemy FFS.

She's not exactly 10/10 hot like Clara and her face is kind of long and gaunt which means it can have many unflattering angles due to lighting, but she's definitely pretty cute

>ywn go for chips with series one era billie piper

Someone please post the gif of the shot of them all running/jogging towards the camera from the trailer, I love that bit.

Wow that would make a great
>talking to yourself
picture. Thanks, user!

>we'll be getting Cybus Cybermen in some way or form. Maybe a generational war between older and newer models of Cybermen
pls no, we don't need to make the Cybermen even more indistinguishable from the Daleks by reenacting the Dalek civil war of the '80s.

>we will never get a tomb of the Cybermen style regeneration story for 12 set on Mondas

If it starts April 15th, assuming we get a full 13 episodes and no breaks in between each airing, that means episode 13 would air June 15. Would they have him regenerate in the series or in the Christmas special like Tennant and Smith? We could hear a cast announcement by June, theoretically.

BUT THE CROWN IS OUT OF SIGHT

>tfw you go for chibs with series ten bill

Maybe they can set it at Coal Hill and April can skip menacingly while ring around the rosie plays

>Coal Hill
please no more

It'll be 12 episodes for series 10 and he'll regenerate at Christmas

The gas faces thing was just composting a bunch of photos from things like press releases, not the episodes themselves. The VFX company probably pulled up a older photo for the cyberman. Could have done the same with the dalek but they haven't changed since 2005.

No problem. I think I'm the only one making Bill pics because I figured I was the only one here who actually found her cute

>Capaldi is genuinely leaving in a matter of months

Where did the time go lads?

Uuuh there's only 12 episodes and it would end on July 1st m8.

>implying he'll regeneration
I've seen Christmas script.
Capaldi clones himself and then kills the clone. Chibnalls doctor is a fake clone doctor.
12 says "suck on that chibs" and then the episode ends with him laughing.

I always found her cute, was never sure if people really found her ugly or if they were just memeing

>there will never be another Gareth written 12 episode

he walks in war

I'M SLOWLY DRIFTING INTO SLUMBER

What did he mean by this?

I always hated those specially shot trailers.
Although as a teaser, it's pretty good.

>complains about Doctor fucking Who being cheesy
>Capaldi's hair and costume look like crap
legit terrible bait

Desire: Who marathon with shitty American fast food (taco bell)

Problem: Stomach is making odd noises and I've had two painful bowel movements already, taco bell likely to irritate bowels further

Solution: ??????

Series 5 is the best NuWho series, closely followed by 9.
Nice try, Tennantfag.

you can't complain about any aspect of western civilisation because hey it could be worse

Read 'The Highest Science'

First time you meet him, he's funny.

Second time, he's amazing.

That's his daughter. She was rescued from his basement by western police officers as a baby.

CAUSE I HAVE LOST THE FORCE TO FIGHT

Someone for god's sake help the man!

In this thread, I shall remind them

youtu.be/oMuvjieWgjw

And the third time, you realise he's the greatest writer in the universe.

Yeah, every controversial opinion is bait. Idiot. I said EXTREMELY cheesy. It's an important qualifying word that people are ignoring for some reason. Doctor Who usually does cheese really well but that trailer is OTT. I mean it looks like a CBBC show.

And yeah, every since Series 8 it's almost as if the hair and costume departments have conspired to make Capaldi look physically shit. These things matter, especially when Capaldi might literally have been fired for being too old.

IT'S LIKE A COLD HAND ON MY SHOULDER

I bet Orford doesn't even speak he just points to his camera and makes a pleading expression

It's started... I can't stop it now. This is just the reset.

I prefer the later looks. The series 8, super short hair and the always-proper shirt and coat thing looked stiff and far too brooding. I like how he became a little more lax with it after a while. There's nothing wrong with rock and roll grandpa.

I meant ever since Series 9.

TWISTED

Agreed, his original look was boring. Everyone was expecting Capaldi to be stern and brooding and doing fan art of him wearing all Victorian gentlemen clothing and shit. It's like people just decided on their perception of the 12th Doctor before they even saw him.

>tfw up for 40 hours job-hunting

But we weren't promised a "rock and roll grandpa" when Capaldi was cast. We were promised a "fierce" "back to basics" "100% rebel Time Lord" etc. And I think after 8 years of two young goofballs we were well overdue one.

How should Big Finish handle further War Doctor stories? Recast John Hurt? Companion chronicle style stories? Short trips? Cancel the range?

He looked cool and dignified.

He still can be fierce. If Hell Bent wasn't 100% rebel Time Lord then I don't know what is.

This. Plus he looks way older with short hair.