The #1 seed is dead last in the rankings

>The #1 seed is dead last in the rankings

Let's be realistic here. How hard is the Russian NT going to get BTFO in the group stages?

not as hard as the amerisharts getting BTFO by Trinidad & Tobago

We did it reddit!

I'd understand if they were just bad.
but how can Russia be so shit at football when it's literally their #1 sport

fucking kek

>implying they aren't getting a group with Peru, Tunisia and Saudi Arabia

that's unironically Perú's ideal goup, Russia doesn't really have one.

>peru
>10
How?

>english group
>other teams are argentina, iceland, and australia

>mexico ranked higher than croatia
lol wut

they did rather well this past 3 years.
top10 might actually be a bit much, but they're unironically at the very least top15 imho

>Mexico BTFO of Croatia in two of the last four world cups
>Mexico not ranked higher than Croatia

There isn't a legit good team in pot 3 or pot 4, a bunch of teams basically on par with russia and shit like iceland and saudi

Sweden will pull off a meme or two

>taking into account things that happened 16 years ago when assessing a matchup

ah yes, the footballing powerhouse of Mexico, everybody.

Isn't the only reason they're ranked so low because they didn't play any qualifiers and FIFA's fucked up rankings weigh those heavier than just friendlies?

Seriously though, FIFA's rankings have fucked up so much in this World Cup. Italy, despite being shit, should have never been grouped with Spain. And there is literally NO excuse for fucking Poland being in Pot 1. This is going to be such an unbalanced tournament because of how shitty the FIFA ranking system is and how they based everything around it.

yes, that's why they're in pot3 and 4.
are you clinically dumb or something?

I would only bet on a russian win if they played against Tunisia, Iran, South Korea, Panama or Saudi Arabia

they'll refball their way out and then get btfo in the first knockout

Has anyone else realised that all the teams in pot 1 and 2 (bar Russia) are pretty good and all the teams in pot 3 and 4 are garbage?

I assume the winters have to do with it

>the 9th, 14th and 15th ranked teams in the world didn't qualify
heh

>taking into account things that happened 16 years ago

Using your logic Argentina is absolute shit, zero (0) trophies in 25 (TWENTY FIVE) years

>has anyone else noticed how higher seeded teams are much better than lower seeded teams?
are you people being retarded on purpose or something?

That's how it's supposed to work m8

>CONCACAF trophies are relevant

>shitskin reading comprehension

mmm, more like a jumpin to conclusion.

I actually prefer being in pot 2 to being in pot 1. It gives us a 1/4 chance of drawing Russia or Poland, probably the two weakest teams in either pot, or at least the two teams I'd most rather have England face. I feel like the random South American teams always play well against England so we avoid most of them.

They are so low because they didn't play qualifiers...

Add Lelgium and Moortugal to the beatable seeds.

yes, but they're usually in the 20 somethings, which is still horrible for a nation that has that big of a population and economy.

There should be a thread on how to fix fifa fuckin rankings.

>being this american
eloratings.net

Use elo rankings

This board told me those rankings are also shit.

Friendly reminder that England unironically have a pretty balanced team this time. Solid defence that kept a clean sheet against Germany and Brazil, and a good attack with 30 combined goals this season. Midfield is a weak point, but still isn't horribly unbalanced like many national teams.

Iceland is gonna win it all lads

Well yeah, they also sucked dick at the euro/friendlies/confed cup

Quick skim of the wiki

>includes modifications to take various football-specific variables into account, like the margin of victory, importance of a match, and home field advantage.

Should winning a game based on whether it was home or away really matter? Or the importance? If a team wants to risk it by playing with their B/C/Experimental team that should be on them.

>Should winning a game based on whether it was home or away really matter?
yes, you big doofus.

>Or the importance?
yes, you big doofus.

>If a team wants to risk it by playing with their B/C/Experimental team that should be on them.
sure, but it'd give you a wrong assessement, putting them lower than they should be, misleading everyone else.
if anyone should pay the price it's them, not the rest.
just Imagine Argentina or Brazil in pot3

As if FIFA rankings defined quality.
Good ol' refball will put Russia on the Round of 16, at the very least.

>yes
Why team A who wins all their 10 away matches and team B who wins all their 10 home matches not be ranked the same?

For the FIFA rankings you x4 for a world cup match [i think], how is that fair? Team C gets knocked out at group but better bump them way up.

>what is home advantage
seriously?
why do you think the away goals rule is a thing?
how long have you been watching football for?

also
>For the FIFA rankings you x4 for a world cup match [i think], how is that fair? Team C gets knocked out at group but better bump them way up.
what did you mean by this? (genuinely)
english is a second language to me, pls no bully.

>away goals
I hate that fuckin rule. Penalty shootouts all the way!

When a team plays in the World Cup, their formula has a x4 in it instead of x1/2.5/3 because it is the WC.

Quando uno team huega la Copa Mundial, la formula de la FIFA tiene multiplica 4. Por que es del la Mundial.

understand, bueno?

>I hate that fuckin rule.
home advantage is a thing, my frined.
nobody likes penalty shootouts because it's an absolute clown fiesta.

>When a team plays in the World Cup, their formula has a x4 in it instead of x1/2.5/3 because it is the WC.
I got that bit already, what's your question or complaint?

>complaint
Match importance should be x1 for all but the World Cup. Which thinkin about it now should at the most be x2.5 and strength of confederation should not be a factor.

> Russia
> England
> Tunisia
> Australia

Pls make it happen

Australia is even worse than Russia. We are not beating them at home.

They are ranked so low because they didn't play any competitive matches, since they automatically qualified.

Fucking Anglos
Please tell me this is bait

Russia is so bad they just scored 3 goals against Picuck and Ramos

Same for croatia, we suck against agile and fast latino countries.

Russia should not be that low it's russian winter bait, if you look usualy they are not a trash team, just average, will never make it past ro16

They are this low because they don't play qualifiers since they are the host.

Sup Forums is just full of imbeciles

>englel is good, guys
It’s almost as if we hear this shit every cup and every time Englel gets BTFO

Dismal posts

But England isn’t in pot 3 or 4?

It's coming home lads.

How bad ass would it be if brazil finish 1st in group stage and germany finish 2nd in same group which make brazillians cocky as fuck and then they get btfo again by germany in the semis

>in the same group
That's not how pots work.

>murilard education

What is the strongest team in pots 3 and 4? Asking for a meme group of death

3- sweden/iceland
4- nigeria/serbia

Honestly they are all kinda average, but with this new pot system groups of death aren't really a thing anymore.

Yeah, they might get 2 (two) points in the group stage this time

>itt: world education

Blatter literally admitted that they cheat the draws with heated balls.

>worst korea advances to the semifinals
>russia not being even more blatant

teams should fear being in russia's path

Who has it easier? North America or Africa?