Looked this guy up on IMDB. He's a background actor. I used to do background...

Looked this guy up on IMDB. He's a background actor. I used to do background. Being typecast is pretty much the whole deal. I played nerd hundreds of times. I didn't get pissed that I never played jock, or cop, or anything that didn't fit my look. When you do background all you are to casting is whatever stereotype your look fits. There's nothing wrong with that.

Now, let's pretend that he's talking about legit credits with lines and shit. Let's pretend he's not the biggest asshole on set, the diva background actor.

>I’m now 26, and in my career, I’ve been sent nearing 30 scripts for which I’ve been asked to play terrorists on screen.

26 with 30 scripts being handed to him. Do you have any fucking idea how good that is? At 26 I was homeless. It took years to establish a balance between a steady job that kept me sheltered and fed with enough flexibility for auditions. I starved. I slept in the most disgusting places. And I busted my ass to get a home and find myself in a position where I get offered one script for a small audience, low-paying project every few months and THAT'S a good place to be for me. I'm 28 and I still bust my ass every day. I don't blame hollywood for giving Ryan Gosling another sensitive hunk role. I don't have the sensitive hunk look.
I'm all for more representation in hollywood. I get it that Muslims should have other opportunities than just terrorist roles. But this is just bitching because someone's having a hard time breaking through in the hardest industry to succeed in there is.
independent.co.uk/voices/oscars-la-la-land-moonlight-arab-muslim-actor-audition-terrorist-i-am-done-a7595261.html

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/voices/oscars-la-la-land-moonlight-arab-muslim-actor-audition-terrorist-i-am-done-a7595261.html
youtube.com/watch?v=4qZHZv_jji4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>literally just a background actor
>he will be "done" if la la land wins
So why the fuck does he think anyone should care? You're done if La La Land wins? good for you then you self absorbed shit head

It's La La Land not Allahu Akbar Land.

This is like when that wannabe actress sued IMDB for listing her actual age.

I certainly couldn't argue that racism is a positive thing for minorities, overall. But in a certain way, it must be nice to always have the ability to blame someone else. When doubts come into your head like "Maybe I'm just not a very good actor, and that's why it isn't working" there must be some comfort in being able to tell yourself "Hollywood is just racist, I'd be successful if they were open-minded." There's a certain kind of pride and pleasure in feeling like the underdog, that's why he wrote an article like this.

My SJW friend just posted this stupid article on Facebook. I can't believe someone is actually bitter enough about his failed career to write this out.

fuck i love being white

this dude is arabic

He's Egyptian.

Terrorism exists, and causes a lot of drama in the world. Filmmakers tend to make movies about dramatic events. And unfortunately, most high-profile acts of terrorism are committed by Muslims of Arab/Middle Eastern descent. So who's supposed to play the terrorists? Are we only allowed to make movies about the small handful of white European retards who ran away from home and joined ISIS?

Maybe when your people and culture can change and stop doing all your sand nigger shenanigans, then you can be portrayed as real people.

I'm a liberal and this shit pisses me off. First, for all the reasons OP listed, it is blaming a self-struggle on racism. There is racism in hollywood but this guy is just using that fact to ride the attention to fame.

But what's so annoying is that this is a non-issue. And when fellow liberals share these kinds of non-issues they're making us look bad. They're adding fuel to the people who view us as pussies. They give the right material to argue against while ignoring the many good points that we're actually supposed to be about.

It's LA LA land not sharia land

>if La La Land cleans up at the Oscars, I'm done
Didn't really care before but I hope La La Land wins now.

>He's Egyptian.

>nonwhite (excluding asians and hispanics) in media being entitled pieces of shit
wow

I don't understand why that's confusing. He is Egyptian. He's also Coptic, not Arab.

Is La La Land about terrorists?
I think I missed a link somewhere.

>independent.co.uk/voices/oscars-la-la-land-moonlight-arab-muslim-actor-audition-terrorist-i-am-done-a7595261.html
>Amrou Al-Kadhi

I bet he's fabulous.

The guy who wrote the article would've been PERFECT for the Ryan Gosling role, but for some fucking reason they gave it to a white guy

Congratulations, user. You've cracked the code. The people your TV says are being oppressed.. aren't actually being oppressed.

>google Amrou Al-Kadhi
>Drag queen
>Why do I keep losing roles to Ryan Golsing?
>Why can't I get leading man roles?
>It must be racism

To be fair, minority people (excluding African-Americans) are never really gonna get that opportunity in Hollywood because it's predominantly White and African-American culture that is being portrayed.

On one hand, I would like to see more Asians and what not but on the other hand it seems excessive to just force them into a culture that they may not fit in as much with.

>The guy who wrote the article would've been PERFECT for the Ryan Gosling role

this... isn't photoshopped?

o god.

>At 26 I was homeless. It took years to establish a balance between a steady job that kept me sheltered and fed with enough flexibility for auditions. I starved. I slept in the most disgusting places. And I busted my ass to get a home and find myself in a position where I get offered one script for a small audience, low-paying project every few months and THAT'S a good place to be for me. I'm 28 and I still bust my ass every day. I don't blame hollywood for giving Ryan Gosling another sensitive hunk role. I don't have the sensitive hunk look.

Fuck discussing some random arab I want to know more about OP. Story time? What roles have you been in? Written anything? Tell us more about the years you were destitute and how you overcame.

Nope

This is too good. Here's hoping La La Land wins. I think I'll go ahead and pre-order the Blu-ray.

youtube.com/watch?v=4qZHZv_jji4

Here he is at 2m45. The young guy who almost gets blown away.

I miss the days before 9/11 when terrorists in action movies were suave euro trash types. But you can't really blame Ryan Gosling for.

sad thing is he could actually be attractive if he tried

this guy is fucking delusional

lol

He's not even a terrorist in this.

La La Land opened with an Indian girl singing. Kind of a moot point.

The thing is he could become a stand-out actor he if tried. He could have gotten his foot in the door and pushed the writers and directors to make his characters more human.

But seems like he blew that chance. Then he went to blow some guys in an alley somewhere.

OP here. I don't know who interesting my story really is, but I'll see what I can do.

I moved to LA at 22 not knowing much about the place. I was naive, idealistic, and truly on my own for the first time in my life. I always wanted to be an actor and to work in film. I know Sup Forums tends to shit on aspiring actors, but I love movies and tv too much to work in a different industry. I moved close to some family in an area that's "technically" LA but inconveniently located. Worked a few shitty jobs. Joined a borderline cult(long story). I started doing background about a year and a half in. I was sick of restaurants and decided to put all my eggs in one background basket. Like I said, almost always nerd, but a few others. It was easy money but inconsistent. At first I was working almost every day on many different projects. Then came my first hiatus. Two months with only a few working days and the company that got me the gigs charged 80 bucks a month. Before I knew it I was 4 months behind on rent. I was eating old hamburger buns for meals. That's when I became homeless.

The homelessness wasn't too terrible. I was able to crash on people's floors from time to time. Slept in my car, mostly. I spent three months in the attic of a theater I had previously done a play in. It was gross but also kind of cool. It was a tiny crawlspace above the stage.

I spent a year in a 1 bedroom owned by 30 year old guy who's parents still payed for everything. There were about five young homeless guys like me sleeping in the living room. All of those people were out of their fucking minds. Eventually the rich kid's parents told him to kick us all out and I was back to my car.

(cont...)

>I get it that Muslims should have other opportunities than just terrorist roles.
that's why you never got good roles

They're just explosive roles with high-impact energy

>#STOPTRANSISLAMPHOBIA

I jumped from shitty job to shitty job trying to get out of my situation. I worked in retail. I did a summer at Universal Studios. I moved in with a "kind of ex-girlfriend" (long story). That was where the homelessness ended but it was still a nightmare situation. Eventually I got a steady job in a restaurant and later started driving for grubhub. I busted my ass at both until I built up some savings. I found a nice bedroom for cheap rent. It's a great house in a good area. I live with an older lady and her granddaughter. I finally have a stable situation. I still work both jobs but I'm able to do so while easily taking time off for acting classes, agent meetings, and auditions.

As for stuff I've been in... for background I've been in Two Broke Girls, CSI, NCIS, The Gambler, Straight out of Compton, Glee like a million times, a bunch of hallmark movies and commercials, and a bunch others I can't think of at the time. I've acted in a few commercials, student films. I starred in an indie found footage film. I grew my hair out and was able to get away from nerd roles and play more mafia characters. I've also played Jesus christ twice.

Well, I got to get going. I hope this was as interesting as you were expecting.

user, Arab actor who's been asked to play terrorist 30 times wants more parts for himself, not some Indian chick.

Kek

Do these people not realize that the US is a predominantly white country and most people in the US (and world) prefer seeing whites?

>I'm done
OH FUCK WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO

He should calm down, he might...blow up.

Good man, I hope you make it

Yes it was. Every person who thinks of becoming an actor should read it. Maybe it can become a sticky. Good luck, dude!

I'm confused. Why does he hate La La Land? That didn't have any arab terrorists in it.

>I’ve been sent nearing 30 scripts for which I’ve been asked to play terrorists on screen.
This nigger has opportunities landing on his feet and he doesn't have to do shit but (((act))). Meanwhile, I've been applying to jobs for the past 4 months and I haven't heard back for shit. Trump needs to build the wall and ban all muslims already.

This is going to blow up in his face

>arabs account for the vast, vast majority of high-profile terroist attacks
>be arab
>be offended when asked to portray a terrorist