It's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other...

>It's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other, everyone's miserable and it's gray and it's about people dying in a fire.

Cringe

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K1m3rGh6DUI?t=913
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Cringe
cringe

they should stick to blockbusters.

Everyone knows RLM is only reliable for flicks and movies, and not films and kinos.

Yeah, that was awful. I don't really expect great taste out of Mike, though.

Tell them to make something better themselves

Do they actually watch indie movies (besides Z-movies/old shlock VHS tapes)?

This guy has become the absolute worst film critic. I guess he was never all that great, but fuck. I don't just disagree with his opinions, they're often so aggressively stupid they make me angry.

armond white hated it too.

wtf I love Mike "The Kike Krusher" Stoklasa now

>Mike said a funny thing in a comedy video
You're conveniently leaving out the part where he says it's a good movie and he liked it.

So? Mumblecore movies are great. It's more of a compliment.

>This guy has become the absolute worst film critic.
That's on you for ever considering him a film critic. Even Mike wouldn't consider himself a film critic.

That's not how film reviews work.

>you can't have an opinion on a piece of art unless you can do better yourself
This old chestnut again huh?

>This guy has become the absolute worst film critic.
Compared to whom? Have you seen Stcukmann and the other youtube cheerleader sewage? He's the only thing worth watching on that cesspit of a website.

sssshhh let them have their fun, it's Sup Forums and we are probably the only 2 who see their comments

He literally criticizes films for a living. His opinions seem to have more influence than most critics who work for "legitimate" publications. What would you call him?

Channel autism goons want to not only nest on this here board and shitpost it into a pulp, they want no mention of other better channels.

>His opinions seem to have more influence than most critics who work for "legitimate" publications.
Holy shit, literally what the fuck are you talking about? What influence has Half in the Bag had on anything or anyone?

Which video is this from?

Well why does that surprise you?

Mike has said it repeatedly that he likes to be "entertained" when he watches a film, he sees it purely as entertainment.
Judging by his taste, it would be odd to see him liking a film like Manchester by the Sea.

Not that his taste isn't pleb as fuck, but atleast he's true to himself.

>Well why does that surprise you?
There's nothing to be surprised by. OP is just taking an out of context quote and acting like Mike was saying it as a negative criticism on the movie when in fact he was just being funny and actually liked the movie.

NOPE

youtu.be/K1m3rGh6DUI?t=913

NOPE

Mike's taste: safe, formulaic, simple, happy, non challenging, non experimental
Mike's guys: Spielberg, Lucas, Abrams, Nolan

Jay's taste: gore, independent (as long as it's horror), formulaic, fedoracore, "weird" but non challenging, non experimental
Jay's guys: Carpenter, Raimi, Romero, Cronenberg, Dante

They have enough foundation film knowledge to know when the boxes aren't checked but they aren't creative and they have no vision or ability to think critically or conceptually. They can talk for 40 minutes about all the ways that the Iron Man 3 script failed to make a safe, formulaic action adventure story but ask them to review anything even remotely outside of that comfort zone and they're fish out of water.

You can see this in any of the "reviews" that they've done of challenging or non blockbuster films like Manchester by the Sea, Boyhood, The Master, Inherent Vice, Tarantino stuff, Refn stuff, etc. It's either instant repulsion and deflection to nitpicking or "I liked it because it's weird" followed by a quick subject change. They have no ability to analyze or talk critically about film as an artform.

>It's either instant repulsion and deflection to nitpicking or "I liked it because it's weird" followed by a quick subject change
But this isn't true at all.

Hey I wrote this post that you copy and pasted!

No you didn't I did

Nope it was definitely me. I remember I had just seen Moonlight and was debating adding it to the "films like Manchester by the Sea, Boyhood, The Master, Inherent Vice, Tarantino stuff, Refn stuff, etc." list but then I realized there was no chance in hell they would be reviewing Moonlight.

i really liked mikes impresson of emperor badman doing the odd couple with the vhs oldman. that was funny do more of that.

>Cringe

No, the real cringe is the misuse of the word Cringe. Fuck off.

I don't understand why people have been sucking RLM's dick for like 7 years here, they are complete shit

They'll post a review, and within a few days, other people are repeating their opinions word-for-word. I notice it here, among people I know on Facebook, even other film critics will parrot their opinions. RLM today are basically just as mainstream as Siskel & Ebert were in their day. A lot of people watch their stuff, and they have a knack for these knee-jerk meme reviews that are very easily digested by the public consciousness.

>Manchester by the Sea, Boyhood, The Master, Inherent Vice, Tarantino stuff, Refn stuff

I hope you aren't implying that any of those is good

>>It's like a mumblecore movie. Everyone's talking over each other, everyone's miserable and it's gray and it's about people dying in a fire.

Why not mention that just before that, he says it's a good movie with good acting?

>even other film critics will parrot their opinions
This is 100% bullshit and you know it.

>they have a knack for these knee-jerk meme reviews that are very easily digested by the public consciousness.
You seem to have RLM confused with 0 substance Clickbait critics like Chris Stuckmann and Jeremy Jahns

>disagreeing with mike

this reminds me of a guy i know for a fact watches their videos and then fucking goes spouting what they said pretty much verbatim passing them off as his own views to make him seem intelligent.
i know he does it because it is me. i do it. come at me bro.

OP made this up. they never even reviewed that movie

YUP
That's the video where Mike says "it's a good movie"

>about people dying in a fire.
name one mumblecore movie about this.

The difference is that nobody cares about those people. I only heard about Chris Stuckmann after he posted that awful revision of the Batman vs Superman script, and this is literally the first time I've heard the name Jeremy Jahns.

RLM took off years ago with those Plinkett videos, and by now they're unavoidable. Like on this board alone, you guys have 3 to 4 RLM threads in an average day

>the master isn't good

*tips pork pie hat*

I dont get it. Did they have a new half in the bag I missed or something?

Can we get a fucking link you twats?

I mean normally I'd agree if they hadn't already proven that they really suck at make feature length films.

b-but it was bad on PURPOSE. If they'd really been trying to make a good movie, they would've, but they didn't try that hard because they're not a bunch of nerds

It's his job to hate anything that gets to unanimously praised. I doubt he actually hated it.

>Sup Forums now making up fictional redlettermedia videos

do they release videos early to paying ppl or somthing

>you only need to make a good argument for why something is good
That's not how it works nigger, even if something is bad you need to be able to argue why.

Read the thread you halfwits. He talks about it in the La La Land review, one user already posted the exact moment.

I think it's a peatreon thing

Yes, they release them a day early for pateron subscribers, and one of them usually posts the link here.

ty.
dick head not what i meant.

>>Cringe
>cringe
Cringe

*cringes*

Where's your Oscars video you hack frauds

There's no meme movies that are Oscar contenders for them to shit on (Boyhood) and no fedoracore for them to worship (Birdman). I would be surprised if they've seen more than two of the Best Picture noms each. Their pick for the year would be Arrival because:

>You can see this in any of the "reviews" that they've done of challenging or non blockbuster films like Manchester by the Sea, Boyhood, The Master, Inherent Vice, Tarantino stuff, Refn stuff, etc. It's either instant repulsion and deflection to nitpicking or "I liked it because it's weird" followed by a quick subject change. They have no ability to analyze or talk critically about film as an artform.

>ywn Xanax and Chill with Mike

Manchester was so fucking subdued and it fit perfectly. I havent' watched moonlight yet but manchester seems like moty for me

The obession with these fools on here and by young 20-30 somethings is really sad

Grow a brain people!

>x should have done y
>not muh z
>t is more fun than k formula
This is isn't even criticism.

I thought that until I saw Moonlight. Writing was better for Manchester but Moonlight was the whole package. The Oscars they deserve actually don't overlap outside of Best Picture:

>Best Director: Moonlight
>Best Actor: Affleck from Manchester
>Best Supporting Actor: Ali from Moonlight
>Best Supporting Actress: Williams from Manchester
>Best Original Screenplay: Manchester
>Best Adapted Screenplay: Moonlight

Too bad La La Land will win most of these

They basically want Arrival to win everything

Smacks of the disingenuous Daily Show excuse.

>Mike's guys: Spielberg, Lucas, Abrams, Nolan
This board is literally People that just make shit up goddamn

Did they do their Oscar show this year?

It will air tonight at adultswim.com at the same time as the Oscars.

I don't think I believe you