ITT: actors/actresses who you are surprised haven't won an Oscar

ITT: actors/actresses who you are surprised haven't won an Oscar
Oscars are shit anyway but thats not the point

She was so hot!

Sir Ian Mckellen. Not surprised though since as you stated Oscars are shit.

>this was considered sexy in 1979

They're so perfect together :3

Ripley in zero G : you wouldn't last 10 seconds!

Damn straight.

The 80s had some really cool action hero(ine)s.
It's a shame you don't really see that now.

So did the 90s. We should build an anthology.

Gary "motherfucking" Oldman.

Not a single underplayed role.

Wouldn't it be horrible if she made fun of me for it and smothered me with her big 'ol 70's bush

She traded ass for aging well

bump

haha so terrible

>Not a single underplayed role.

Dr. Smith.
Fucking terrible.

She's made her career in sci-fi/actiony flicks; she knew what she was pigeonholing herself into. It does make sense to repay the favor though, as the sci-fi genre was what broke her as both a leading lady and a serious actress. And, even the stodgy old 80's academy couldn't deny her masterful turn in the sequel, though of course they were never going to give it to her for that.

She deserved to win for Gorillas in The Mist though

Y-yeah what kind of loser would fantasize about that heh, heh...

I guess Hollywood wasn't progressive enough yet

DELET THIS

Sigourney is great and I love many of her films, but she hasn't done anything that's Oscar worthy.

To be fair, there are many Oscar winners that didn't deserve them also. Marisa Tomei, seriously?

there are various "meme vine" clips on youtube, which loudly blast various rap music tracks upon the sight of such images. I heard one of these upon viewing this clip.

(not this exact one, but just to put it in someone else's mind-ear):

I AM THE ONE DON'T WEIGH A TON DON'T NEED A GUN TO GET RESPECT UP ON THE STREETS BY ANY MEANS YOUR ENEMIES

Her three academy award nominations suggest otherwise.

>Her three academy award nominations suggest otherwise.
But she didn't win one for those. She won it for My Cousin Vinny. Nice movie and all, but I did not come away from it going, "This is the movie that changes how the world views auto mechanics..."

Wait who won what?

Why would you be surprised by this? Her biggest role was as an action hero in a horror movie. Just through genre bias alone, regardless of how much effort goes into them, horror is shunned by default. The old white men judging can't watch them because it makes them feel queasy.

Because she's a big name and a good actress you mong

jesus those thing will rip you shreds

>Pull that up Jamie

>no Jamie, I was talking about the fucking gorilla

JEGGED :DDD

gorillas are surprisingly gentle. Yeah an alpha male might fuck your shit up (if the female gorillas aren't there to stop him) but for the most part they want confrontation as much as we do. the majority of gorilla confrontations at zoos, such as harambe, are less about "that gorilla gonna kill that kid" and more "that gorilla gonna kill that kid accidentally, like an autistic 8 year old with a hamster"

it's chimps you gotta watch out for, they're little psychopaths who'll go for your eyes.

>that monster quest episode with the people who got attacked by chimps
Possibly the most horrifying thing ever shown on tv tbqh