[autistic screeching]

>MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY MUMMY

the Babadook did nothing wrong

I turned off the movie at this point. Still haven't finished it.

Kid was way worse than the monster. I get that was the point of the film.
But I don't think my worst fear is being annoyed to death.

How can a movie be good if it's this fucking annoying? Checkmate babafags

am I a bad person if I felt the urge to pummel this whiney little fuck with a rusty crowbar?

Holy shit by the end of the movie I found myself routing for the monster

I not sure but maybe thats the point. She has to indulge in kid killing thoughts in order to deal with a shitty kid herself? Pulling this outta my ass desu.

Thats the whole fucking point of the Babadook.

He is the little voice inside his mom that says "just kill this awful little monster so you can be free and happy". Its testing the how unconditional the love of a parent is when put in incredibly trying circumstances with no easy solutions. If she didn't have some part of her that didn't want to choke the little cunt to death the Babadook wouldn't have possessed her.

Am i the only one that found the mother hot

Something about that stressed out aussie depression got me goin and made me even angrier when this kid cockblocked her

I liked his catapult. This little autist was the best part of the movie.

>DUDE I'M TOO AUTISTIC TO UNDERSTAND THAT THE KID'S ACTIONS ARE MEANT TO MAKE YOU FEEL THE WAY THEY DO AND THAT THEY'RE IMPORTANT TO THE STORY LMAO

>have an annoying as fuck retardo child who is making your life a living hell
>a supernatural entity appears and provides the perfect opportunity to just hand over the kid to it with nothing tracing it back to you
>decides to keep the retardo and also the monster as a pet in her basement, so now she has to scream and do a limbo bend every day when she feeds it as well as put up with her spastic son

Overrated / shitty movie with a shittier ending.

DUDE PARENTS MUST HATE THEIR KIDS BECAUSE I DO LMAO

the kid knew shit was going down, he did nothing wrong despite being a little shit at times but then again all kids are shit to begin with at least he built that little catapult backpack thing

The actress isn't bad for 46 2bh

This movie sucked, in part because everybody went on about how it was the best thing since sliced bread. I enjoyed The Canal more, and it's literally just a shittier version of it, and somehow it's still better...

uh buddy? there was no monster

>people actually believe this

Movie could have been saved if the big reveal of the title monster wasn't so laughable.

Only an absolute pleb thinks otherwise.
And I'm not just meming on you. You are the kind of plebeian who only looks at the surface level and takes everything at face value.

I expected more from you

My younger bro was just like that fucker at that age. Hees literally a fag NEET now. 26 and has never worked. Leeches off mommy and B.F. I guess that's what happens when autistic boys grow up without a father. I am ashamed of him desu.

BA

Made a kik yet, faggot?

It's okay, lots of 'tards go on to live really kick-ass lives.
My ex-wife is 'tarded. She's a pilot now.

You're a moron. That doesn't explain half the shit in the movie. How does the book keep coming back?

The answer to anything in the movie that doesn't make sense is "it's symbolic" or "it's in her head". One of the reasons it sucks. They couldn't just stick with what they were trying, they just cop'd out.

She's a crazy bitch who used to write children's books, she made it herself.

why did you marry a tard? why would anyone want to be on a plane piloted by a tard?

>ex-wife
How does a retarded wife leave you?

Turns out HE was the retard

>people missed the point that the babadook is a psychological manifestation of the mother's guilt in losing the father, and the son's unbearable autism

You're SUPPOSED to hate the kid.

the monster is similar but instead of an annoying boy its a girl that never stops crying so its ok

bonus points for probably being a metaphor for alcoholism for the extra pretension, should def watch it

I think everyone got that because the movie was puddle tier.

>I think everyone got that
Not this drooling retard

welp lets hope he's not serious

Same here. I understood what the director was going for and I just didn't care. Terrible movie.

I think that kid was kinda funny.

What's a kik?

I think I liked this movie because I was that kid. It's no surprise that sheltered normies with both parents wouldn't really get this movie.

Everyone in this thread is forgetting to add the important detail about how she lost her husband in an accident. This whole movie is about intense grief and how it crippled her from properly raising her son on her own.

Americans still don't understand that Starship Troopers was satire.

Is that Trump's kid?

Eh even with two parents that kid was always going to be a super autist.

that lil kid was hardcore as fuck tho, he managed to slow down the babadook with his homemade weaponry and guerrilla tactics. fuck you faggots, half of you would be pissing themselves in that situation.

the babadook was literally the incarnation of grieve of his deceased husband.

fucking plebs I swear....

The kid was acting. They didn't just throw a camera at a widowed mother and her retarded kid. everyone nitpicking it because "hurr the kid was annoying!" Really just proves how good of an actor he is.

wat

That's just your opinion. And it's wrong. The Babadook was a house monster and all it wanted to do was kill them because the autistic screeching was fucking it up,

I need to tell me that story man, can't go to bed without reading it lmao

My opinions is right and yours wrong, therefore you are a faggit.

>movie has villian
>I hate this guy
>shit movie
every fucking time

>It's this one thing and only that. I read the analysis
Nah, you're the plen. Why is it that they throw it out there he died on the way to deliver their kid? She grew to resent her kid because of how he acted and blamed him for his death. Why do you think she tries to kill him? Fucking plens, I swear

weak analysis, fuck off.

M8, it's a movie where what you see is what you get. There's nothing to analyze except the plot summary

You can't be for real can you?

The entire movie was about the wife coming to terms with the fact her deceased husband was a powerful warlock and her son has inherited his powers of magic.

The Babadook was a manifestation of his fathers will from the beyond, he kept trying to communicate with his son(who only he could see due to his natural affinity with magic) until he caused a seizure which triggered his awakening as a warlock. The Babadook(his father) only started to get aggressive once she started drugging the kid and suppressing his growing powers, this angered the father and decided that his son should be with him on the other side.

This transition is also reflected with the white dog as he goes from being playful to angrly barking at the wife, we can infer that the white dog belonged to the father and was most likely his familiar. In the end when the wife has embraced her sons powers we see the kid summon a white dove which is most likely his familiar or a reincarnation of his fathers familiar as the father is also willing himself back to life in the basement.

that's because it failed as a satire

kek, the author is indeed dead.

kek

>You go to the Oscars dressed as a Babadook but it is more of an Adults drinking wine and giving speeches against Trump sort of vibe

>hey guise, I overinterpret this monster movie

Then what was the kid doing in the basement at the end, retard

>i turned off the movie a few minutes in
>terrible mobie
kys fag

Shut up, there was no monster. I have to believe this because horror movies are usually beneath me but I really like this one. It's kinda like how I have to make myself believe that Haneke remade Funny Games only to make fun of remakes, haha. Haha.

>shitposting on Sup Forums when you're pushing 30

phoneposting scum get out

>watching Badabook with my mom
>scene where the mother contemplates killing her son
>mom starts biting her lip

?

"It was all in le imagination" is the definition of plebian retard though.

By the way, if you want to watch another horror movie with a similar character constellation (woman having her life thoroughly ruined by an autistic relative), check out "Burning Bright".

In my opinion there is a monster in the story. It's a fictional story about a woman's grief over losing her husband, and her grief is personified as a monster. You can argue that the monster isn't real even in the confines of the story but I see it as more of an allegory. Let me put it this way, in the Chronicles of Narnia Aslan is clearly meant to represent Jesus. However, within the stories themselves, he isn't Jesus. He's an actual lion.

And?
You realize thats is irrelevant right?
If it fucking annoys me it still sucks even if its on purpose.