Apologize

youtube.com/watch?v=BEFK_TnmSVk

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q9UF3jORCTU
youtube.com/watch?v=-fcJm1Slk2E
youtube.com/watch?v=Kylnv0eTsGc
maple-films.com/downloads.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why didn't one of the orcs just stick out their spear/weapon towards his direction?

Is this the worst scene in both trilogies?

All of the extended edition scenes for LotR were not that bad. Some were great, others you can see they just cut for brevity.

The Hobbit EE scenes look like they were cut because of how embarrassing they were.

>the music even pauses to show how "epic" Legolas's feat is

Hackson pls.

What were they thinking...

>that cartoonish rapid sword slashing sound effect

lmao

The worst scene was the barrels on the river scene.

Legolas probably could have taken on Sauron's whole army by himself

This is worse IMO. The river scene was more stupid in a way, but it was essentially just Legolas doing some sliding and shooting. A longer version of what we saw already in LotR.

This is just retarded. As if the "why didnt the eagles just _____" meme wasn't bad enough, now you give them the ability to hold Legolas upside down while he dual wields daggers and uses a Special Attack to kill 30,000 orcs

Was Legolas this overpowered in the books?

No. He was a very good archer, and could do Elvish stuff like run on snow like it were grass instead of trudging through it.

He killed about 50 enemies at the battle for Helms Deep, and he had a bow. there were probably tens of thousands.

Didn't he snipe a Nazgul or something? Surprised that wasn't in the movies

He shot down the fell beast, the winged steed of a Nazgul yeah.

Jesus Christ. I never saw this , but I am truly in awe by how atrocious these effects are. My god.

Where is this shit from??

Clearly an extended edition scene from Battle of the Five Armies

>ITT: autists complaining about a movie for kids based on a book for kids having scenes aimed at kids

were you expecting grimdark hobbits?

12 lines of blow, a hooker, and 3 ounces of tequila and i still wouldnt have been plastered enough to think this was acceptable

What a retarded post. The book is for kids, and the movies are not, which is why the hobbit trilogy was awful.

You're forgetting Battle of the Five Armies was rated R. We didn't want "grimdark" but we got it anyway.

What did Peter Jackson mean by this?

he meant "lotr fans are so used to eating shit they will eat this up too"

and he was right

What are you talking about? Lotr had no scenes as ridiculous as that. Maybe when he took down the elephant.

I'm saying lotr is shit and you should feel bad for liking it

>Clearly
Thanks Peter

Do you think Tolkien is rolling in his grave?

What's the point of armor if the ones wearing it get killed off that easily while the one who doesn't survives no problem? All they had to do was poke him with a spear for fuck's sake

Did Hackson do it because he hated his fans? Or is this his true vision of the LOTR universe and he just felt like he wasn't able to pull it off in the LOTR films?

Who needs armor when you're HAYAI?

STILL COUNTS AS 1!

You have my sword
And my Eagle Summon Dual Wield Mystic Arte Strike
And my axe

Are you retarded? No way Five Armies was rated R.

Is this the worst military tactic ever filmed?

Like....what ? I haven't seen the movie, but did anybody get impaled by their own soldiers??? Because thats the only logical end to that tactic

Still haven't seen the third movie because the first two nearly killed me with boredom. Is there any redeeming value to it?

jesus christ
I remember watching these movies, and disliking all of them but every time I see a webm I forgot how bad it was.

Oh my god was this unironicaly in a film?

I don't mind the over-the-top action of hobbit, it's when it tried to go for the same vibe as the lord of the rings that I hated it.

Jesus christ he really wanted the death duties didn't he

Is there a target demographic for the Legolas action scenes in The Hobbit that I don't know about and that love seeing Legolas doing absurd things or is it universally mocked?

uhhhh

definitely

Yes, his name is Peter Jackson.

girls

Do you think the original LOTR trilogy would have performed better or worse if they didn't have over the top action scenes?

It's so bad it's good in the third one honestly

It was

>Sup Forums unironically thinks this is better than harry potter

Why do autists love comparing lotr against Harry Potter so much?

Legolassoaringtowardshispaycheck.png

i like the barrel scene in a guilty pleasure sort of way. partly because the music's pretty kickass
youtube.com/watch?v=q9UF3jORCTU

extended edition was rated r. theatrical version was not

fucking lol'd

yes considering that a minute earlier those same dwarves has just killed hundreds of elves using the "twirly wurlies"

Holy fuck why? You have a defensive position right there, why send swordsmen to their deaths?

is it me or can hollywood never get smoke, dust and fog effects right? they always look so fake. even in the warcraft movie they put lots of detail on the orcs but the lighting, smoke and fire never seems real enough

seeing Billy Connolly as Dain Ironfoot is the only good thing about it.

requesting webbem

particle FX are expensive and if not rendered correctly look like shit, the only exception to this i've seen has been Godzilla 2014

nope. alfreds death is undisputed worst scene of all time.

why didnt Radaghast just fly the Eagles to the lonely Mountain?

Wow, I was right >The Hobbit EE scenes look like they were cut because of how embarrassing they were.

The Fellowship didn't have enough mana after Legolas used it all on that attack in the OP

>that sudden change in camera quality (probably gopro) when the scene goes to first person perspective
what the fuck was jackson thinking?

d-did Gandalf just run out of mana?

>Good morning. How are we all? I have a wee proposition, if you don't mind giving me a few moments of your time. Would you consider... JUST SODDING OFF! All ye, right now!

Would have worked if they hadn't CGId him.

>Don't have the high ground
>Make high ground by standing on people's shoulders

Sounds like someone doesn't know SHIT about combat

about the coolest thing he does in the first book is, he snipes an orc across a river in the dead of night off sound.

which is fine given he's a particularly skilled elf, and by that point armed with a bow from lothlorien which probably turns arrows into orc-seeking missiles or something.

but in moria, the sight of the balrog is so terrifying to him that he literally drops the arrow he's nocking and quickly flees- hilariously enough this innocuous detail is actually depicted in the Ralph Bakshi animated version...which is otherwise fucking terrible.
youtube.com/watch?v=Kylnv0eTsGc

why legolas didn't challenge Sauron to a fight? he would win easily. or he culd single-handedly sturm mordor and kill every ork there in one day

giant eagles eat giant rabbits

knowing they were gonna put in meme actors like fry and connolly was a big red flag t.b.h

I don't think there's anyone that would argue that.

Majority of LotR fans agree this trilogy is a dumpster fire.

yeah what was that all about? I thought his face looked weird.

Yes. And the worst thing is that they had all of Billy Connolly's scenes filmed with a real physical performance before canning them and going for a CGI pig riding Dane instead.

That flying thing would lose all forward momentum after the first couple of sword strikes.

He would then be stationary, upside down, in the middle of a squad of orcs

every time elves and especially Legolas is "fighting" on screen all I could think of was
>weeaboo fightan magic

all the retarded Legolas faggotry has been cut out of the Hobbit: Dustin Lee edit. its now a single 4 hour movie - excess bullshit removed.

see the Hobbit as it should be, just the fucking Hobbit : download it here

maple-films.com/downloads.html

what the actual fuck?

Hey, Bilbo, did i ever tell you a story about Alfred...

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Hackson is a fucking genius. Never wanted to do the Hobbit movies, was forced into it and he fucking butchered it.

>maple-films.com/downloads.html
720p rip where?

Elves gonna elf. And he's royalty which in middle-earth translates to automatic ass-kicking. Did he do any of these physics defying shit in the books though? No. He was merely a good archer and a skilled fighter. The laws of physics still applied to him.

the elves basically disappear

And to make it seem like he gave a fuck he made all this behind the scene nonsense.
Only one who was in on it was Martin Freeman.

dont know, smallest one I see there is 1080p about 10GB

Aside from how ridiculously long it goes on for and the fucking sidestep I could accept this as working for the same reason he can walk on top of the snow instead of sinking into it

He is spinning at such a velocity that he can be harnessed as a power source at this point.
>"In human art Fantasy is a thing best left to words, to true literature. ... Drama is naturally hostile to Fantasy. Fantasy, even of the simplest kind, hardly ever succeeds in Drama, when that is presented as it should be, visibly and audibly acted"
>I would ask them to make an effort of imagination sufficient to understand the irritation (and on occasion the resentment) of an author, who finds, increasingly as he proceeds, his work treated as it would seem carelessly in general, in places recklessly, and with no evident signs of any appreciation of what it is all about"

-
JRRT

WHY THE FUCK DOES THE WHOLE MOVE LOOK LIKE A VIDEO GAME?

lmfao this is so bad

Better to green screen everything to make sure movie execs save as much shekels as possible. The Hobbit is the definition of a cashgrab.
Warner Brothers knew that people would go and see the movies no matter the effort they put into it. And when demand is high, regardless of the quality of the work, then any money-making business is gonna try to go cheap.

wat

Also, why couldn't Gandalf fight?
Also, why would a flat coin weigh more than a coin on its side?

WORST.CHARACTER.EVER

I actually like Jar Jar better than this piece of shit he serves no purpose at all in anyway

I think he's asking us to apologise for watching this movie and allowing it to happen.

I'm sorry mr Jackson

>about the coolest thing he does in the first book is, he snipes an orc across a river in the dead of night off sound.

Not an orc, but a flying Nazgûl; which probably saved the quest.

> imagine being christopher tolkien
> father told you these tales as a kid
> entrusted his work to you after his death
> realise father loved and trusted you above all others
> argue his legitimacy and continue his legacy for decades
> see pic related

how are they stuck???

>not just stabbing in the orc in the side

Imagine if poor Tolkien saw this.

Tolkien even hated Disney. This would have horrified him.

Tolkien was a cunt

Why are all the orcs Uruk Hai? Didn't Saruman create them?