What the FUCK was his problem?

What the FUCK was his problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cHuSRHxBgUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

MONEY OVER BITCHES

his existence was just to build wealth and prosperity for everyone else.

sure he made money, but he didn't really give a fuck. once he was super rich, he just fired his gun at his things and fell asleep on the bowling alley.

but in the process he built a pipeline to the sea and provided energy for countless people. and back then that would have drastically improved people's lives.

he lived a bitter, miserable, lonely life for the benefit of the whole.

He was an oil man

He's to greed what Salieri was to envy.

He was a good friend.

its kind of about a manchild who finds out being 'successful' isn't enough too late

>sure he made money, but he didn't really give a fuck. once he was super rich, he just fired his gun at his things and fell asleep on the bowling alley.
I didn't really get this. He even says when he meets the oil men who want to buy up all his shit "but then what would I do with myself?". He was more interested in the process of becoming successful and wealthy but then he seems to retire and wallow in self-hatred, I couldn't see why.

he abandoned his child.

he realized too late family was more important than business

He was gay.

The whole "I drink your milkshake" thing was a metaphor for the fact that he liked to suck men's dicks and drink their semen.

That would explain his hate for religion, his need for a fake son to appear normal, and a lot of other things about his character

It's almost like he had a competition in him. Like he wanted no one else to succeed.

I just don't get why he treated his "son" like a piece a shit at the end.

Doesn't his son come asking for money?

He just wanted to start his own company in Mexico

He made the mistake of sacrificing his entire life to achieve a feasible goal (getting rich by extracting oil). The closest he comes to fulfill his dream, he more empty and absurd his life becomes

This was yet another movie deconstruction the ideal of "american dream". Daniel "made it", got rich, crushed his enemies, the works. But once the fight was over he becomes a lunatic shell of a man

He was burning the bridge, so he'd finally be completely alone. He was finished

He was a trite caricature of 'Capitalism's sociopathy, or something'

He can only live in doing, not in being. When you stop doing and start being, the meaninglessness of everything kills you.

He was dealing with severe back pain from thw accident. Ever experienced chronic back pain? Will turn you into an asshole. Give the guy a break. He did nothing wrong.

Pretty sure it was autism

he was but a simple miner driven to greatness by his appetite for clay and milkshakes

twbb was far from a perfect film, but that was not one of its flaws

cool, what about the other 5 deadly sins, any kino characters to fit those?

wrath
lust
pride
sloth
gluttony

>mfw when realizing he built Los Angeles

What comes between this film and 'Chinatown'?

I'm building my "L.A. Water trilogy" as a tribute to all of you

Not enough milkshakes

Film was an allegory for the contemporary republican party. Plainveiw represents free market capitalist only interested in wealth and Donno represents the religious right.

Was the deaf son the democrats? Where are they in this?

To think that Daniel didn't actually love HW is too miss one of the key points of the film.

He was just a man of principle

It's not an allegory for american politics. It is an allegory for the republican party.

>Man dies, steal his son and make him your "business partner" so you can appear to be a family man and not the shark you are

>Son goes deaf look at him for a few seconds, run off after oil well

>Son starts his own business. Disown him and call him an orphan because you cant handle the idea he will compete with you.

Literally the greediest man living.

>I want blood. Oil is like blood that comes from land.
>Family is blood but my son is adopted so he is not blood.
>Oh look a blood brother.
>NOPE he's not really blood brother.
>The only thing I have to me that is close to being blood decides to become competitor
>tfw

What was meant by this?

youtu.be/cHuSRHxBgUg

Salieri was pretty gluttonous.

goddamn this movie is goat.

it means that there will be blood

youd get it if you werent a flithy neet anime nonce

literally me