Is pic related really set in a post apocalyptic middle east setting where people had to start from scratch?

Is pic related really set in a post apocalyptic middle east setting where people had to start from scratch?
They are obviously going through the middle ages but the genie knows things from the 20th century which he only could have known if he lived through it which is possible because genies live a long time.

Makes sense
They're not islamic, but there's a "sultan" for some reason

Well the sultan does say in the name of allah all the time so it seems that islam survived the apocalypse.

Aladdin is a film of peace.

I assumed Genie just knew the future

Or its just badly written?

It probably caused it

That's like saying everyone who says "Thank God!" or "Jesus Christ!" is a Christian.

makes sense too.

also, less developed societies are more likely to adapt to post-apocalyptic realities, than effeminate sybaritic societies.

however, I think there's also a tv series, and I also think they had some crossovers with Hercules; or at the very least, showed other post-apocalyptic societies

>screenwriters packed it with references to Arab poetry and folklore
>robin Williams just throws it out and adlibs modern day pop culture references
>execs love it, forcing lengthy and expensive re-animation time

Why saying that if you are a fedora atheist u shithead?

Genies experience time in the 4th dimension.

cause "god" and "jesus christ" are part of pop.culture first, symbols to some idiots second.

little know fact: dr. manhattan was inspired by robin williams' portrayal of genie

Genie is Al but after Al has died.

It takes place in the past, but it's an alternate universe so not everything is exactly the same. Remember, they fly past a guy sculpting the Sphinx and watch fireworks in ancient China.

Genie makes pop cultural references from the future because he's an "all-seeing" genie. He needs to know practically everything about everything in order to be able to grant wishes. The other characters would just think it's his nutty personality and don't actually know what he's parodying.

However, I do believe that at some point in very early production, Disney actually did intend to set Agrabah in a post-apocalyptic future. It was probably never meant to be fully spelled out to the audience and only meant to serve as a one-off gag, like a joke about "history repeating itself" or something. The reason I'm saying this is because in the Aladdin video games, you can see a stop sign poking out from the sand. This happens a lot with tie-in video games, where a concept from the source material is retconned without the game developers being able to change it (for example, Marge Simpson having bunny ears in the Simpsons arcade game). I'm guessing the exact same thing happened with Aladdin, and the joke was downgraded to a sight gag in the video games.

found another hint in the game

How does that explain the Beast action figure, then? Pretty sure Aladdin is set well before the period of France presented in Beauty and the Beast.

Genie was the queen heptapod

I don't think they dropped the post-apocalypse thing. I think the joke still is that history is repeating itself, as in almost everything is happening identically like the Sphinx and shit, except this time around the guy breaks its fucking nose off. Who knows, maybe Genie was the one who granted a wish that led to the apocalypse, and he only makes fun of celebrities pre-Nineties because we were wiped out shortly after that.

And this could be explained by Beauty and the Beast becoming an ACTUAL fairytale in the future Agrabah. Like, the story about what happened become widespread news, and over a few hundred years and through an apocalypse it became a story you just told to your kids.

what about Iago? no other animals can talk, so we can't chalk it up to cartoonish artistic license

mutation?

>mutation?

That or experimentation. Maybe Genie was man made as well, an experiment at the pinnacle of human technology to create a god who fulfills humanity's wishes, but some hippie got a hold of him and wished for humanity to go away.

Is Genie the most powerful Disney character?

best post in a long time.

>taking a fun kids movie that seriously
baka

makes sense. I guess Cave of Wonders is some kind of a vault with precursor tech.

also, Genie said he was in the lamp for 10 000 years. Another hint?

this.
the implication at the start of the movie is some idiot trying to sell you a worthless lamp.

inb4 hes the genie.
eat shit.

Why would Genie be trying to sell his old lamp? He isn't tied to it anymore and I'm sure there are more interesting things he could be doing than hawking goods in a muslim shithole.

Did you even see the movie? Genies can't cause harm to people.

Now that I think of it it was sort of similar to Asimov's 3 laws. Maybe genies are man-made.

he went broke after turning normal and being free maybe?
if you ignore the bs tv show and other material.

Those are clearly two rocks, one on the right is pointy on top

I'm sure there are loopholes where you could wish for something that INDIRECTLY harms another person. They could've wished for there to be no more water on Earth or something, which explains why they live in a desert, and maybe the water came back to an extent eventually, but not quickly enough to sustain humanity.

Does Iago ever directly communicate with a human other than Jafar? Or does he ever have a direct conversation with Jafar?

I'm thinking maybe Jafar can just "speak parrot," and we're hearing what Iago says but he isn't actually speaking a human language. You could say the same thing for The Lion King, where different species are communicating with each other, but if you took all the dialogue out of that movie you could probably still believe that the characters knew what they were doing without having to speak.

Or that also takes place in a future Africa with mutated speaking animals...

>he went broke after turning normal and being free maybe?
Why would he need money? He still has genie powers, he's just not tied to the lamp anymore.

why the fuck didnt aladin just free him then? he could just give him whatever.

Because Aladdin's wishes were selfish, he wanted to look like a sultan to impress a princess. Genie probably wouldn't have agreed to help him with that after just meeting the guy, even if that guy had just freed him from the lamp. Aladdin grows on Genie throughout the course of the movie when he realizes everything he's doing is really because he wants to help Jasmine be free like he is.

Also he tricks Genie into getting them out of that cave without using a wish and it pissed Genie off, so it wouldn't have been in Aladdin's best interests to give him free will.

>Does Iago ever directly communicate with a human other than Jafar? Or does he ever have a direct conversation with Jafar?

don't remember. Definitely does so in the TV show, but that's of little concern to us, I guess.

>You could say the same thing for The Lion King
already inb4

given that Aladdin tricked Genie several times over the course of the movie, that's entirely possible.

however, there's little evidence that Genie was the cause of the apocalypse. he has the means, obviously, but it could've been easily nukes or whatnot.

There's as much proof it was Genie was it was nukes. I know there's zero proof, I'm just theorizing here, bub.

>forcing lengthy and expensive re-animation time
>Implying that's a bad thing, as it is "The only time they did this!"
>Implying rough animation/Audio/polished animation it's not how animated movies are made

>Like, the story about what happened become widespread news, and over a few hundred years and through an apocalypse it became a story you just told to your kids.
That's stretching it too fucking far to fit your hypothesis as opossed to smoothly fitting the apocalypse theory

agreed, occam's razor and all that.