Do you still trust film critics?

Do you still trust film critics?

yes

yeah

they care about my movie going experience

>rotten score and fresh score both say 2.5/4
I listen to critics, but usually they are lying.

Dude, don't even try to defend Suicide Squad,

In this day and age there are few critics who you can rely on for a decent unbiased review.

Not after The Young Pope reviews.
Critics are genuinely fucking dumb

2/3 correct isn't so bad

probably the two worst movies to compare
>franchise film vs shitty reboot

Nah they are all bought by the production companies. Thats why every garbage marvel movie gets good reviews.

>Do you still trust film critics?
>still

heh

plot twist, rt is an AI running on servers in Tel Aviv posting articles and attaching random pics. Simulated Sup Forums if you will

>critics
Who cares.

>Ty Burr
>Suicide Squad rating: 2.5/4
>rotten
>Ghostbusters rating: 2.5/4
>fresh

Makes one ponder things.

I don't trust critics for anything, especially media. Word of mouth is what I trust and I'd sooner believe you faggots than a critic.

>implying blockbusters aren't made for plebs to enjoy
>implying that when critics differ so much from the audience regarding a blockbuster, the critics aren't wrong
>implying it's a coincidence BvS and SS, being mostly just as bad as Civil War and the rest of Marvel shit, are the ones with less than half critic rating than audience rating

Fooling no one there friends

>Nolan masterworks
>brobabiez
>top critics

I didn't see Ghostbusters, but Suicide Squad really was fucking awful. Pick a better example

But to answer your question, no, not most of them, definitely not the fucking MTV critic or Paul Chambers of "Movie Chambers" (gee, who's dick did he have to suck to get that job)

>brobabiez
wot

>"man this marvel/star wars movie was a piece of shit of the highest order, 90%? No way they aren't buying reviews"
>HAHAH SHUT UP DKEK IT INTENTED TO BE FUN AND IT WAS FUN SO IT DESERVES MORE PRAISE THAN ACTUAL MVOIES (NOT TOY COMMERCIALS) HAHAH

>""man this suicide squad movie was a piece of shit of the highest order, but I guess it was fun to see drunk and people had a good time I guess, if Halloween is any indication"
>Nah, we're judging this specific piece of shit as the piece of shit it is, different rules

Fucking Disney

They were too harsh on bvs and too light on ghostbusters, but suicide sways is straight up garbage. One of the worst films of the year and one of the worst superhero films ever, everything about it was trash
>shit pacing
>shit editing
>bad acting
>bad dialogue
>generic plot
>terrible lighting and cgi
>no stakes
>no character development

>Do you still trust film critics?

What is there to trust? Do you guys seriously read up what critic X has to say about movie Y, and then decide whether you're going to see that movie?

Their opinions are relevant to no-one.

Also, suicide squad was an abortion of a cinematic experience, haven't seen the new Ghostbusters but I fail to imagine how it could be any worse.

I'll take the word of a film critic over retarded fans.

It is worse.

Agreed

Those ones are clearly total fags.

They were reviewing the tc of bvs which is pure garbage, user

ghost busters was awful and it was still better than bvs or ss.

On the traditional Ebert scale, you can have one or two thumbs down or up. So, one thumb down is a 2/4, one thumb up is a 3/4, etc.

2.5 is a score I never knew Ebert to use, and it's dead in the middle. Actually, I assume the whole reason for the four point scale is to avoid the temptation of a 3/5. I can see how it would be confusing to the Rotten Tomatoes staff.

You guys have really taken the DC meme too far, I remember when BVS came out in theaters and we were all laughing at what a fucking mess it was.

>BvS winning razzies over ID:4

Wait, is there a conspiracy going on for real here or what? Because no fucking way BvS is worse than ID:4

>ID:4
is this indepenedence day 2?

and the problem with ID2 wasn't that it was bad it was that liam helmsworth can't act for shit and ID2 wasn't aimed at teenage girls, everything else was fine

>everything else was fine

Kill
Your
Self

>cool CGI
>cool characters
>nerd got some asian pussy
the only problem is that will's character was replaced my helmsworth in a really half-assed way

maybe you just don't like roland emmerich films

>can you trust these jews
Is that a rhetorical question, user?

>>cool CGI
>>cool characters

too obvious

the alien queen was cool, the supership was cool, the african warlord was cool, etc.