The same movie beat for beat

The same movie beat for beat
>Hit a deer on your way to a seemingly harmless place
>start noticing strange goings on
>as your start investigating you meet a key individual in cracking the mystery of this place
>turns out there's psychological shit and brainwashing going on
>constantly talk on the phone with one person on the outside skeptical of your situation
>try to escape
>the person you thought was your friend betrays you
>almost get taken over by psycho mumbojumbo
>get into a climactic fight in the basement which results in the establishment burning down
>try to escape again
>get in minor car accident
>the one person you have been talking to on the phone shows up to find you in a very convenient twist of events.
the only difference is one was a good movie, and the other was whiny SJW race baiting shit.

>one was a good movie

Yeah, Get Out was amazing. A Cure for Wellness was so fucking stupid.

sounds also like pic related in some variation thereof

the only good thing about Get Out was the cinematography and the main character.

>Read reviews of A Cure For Wellness
>Everyone took it for a slasher horror instead of a psychological thriller

Literally everything was in his head and didn't happen except for his flashback memories. The board members weren't even real they were just imagery for his body saying he was fucked up. Literally one of the board members has a heartache in the first 10 seconds of the movie showing him as a heartless person.

Literally one of my top 10 favorite movies and nobody fucking understood it. It's cinematography and acting were top notch.

Wait, what?
A cure for wellness was instantly one of my favorite movies of all time, and I didnt get that impression from it at all.
can you explain how it was all in his head?

So it's shutter Island 2.0?

Spoilers incoming. I'm really tempted to go rewatch it and I never rewatch movies.

This is just a theory, but it made the movie make a lot more sense to me then taking the plot seriously that a little girl became a baby out of a ripped out fetus thrown in a well, a doctor lives 200 years for drinking leech infested water, and animals walking around saunas deep in a castle.

Really just take the movie as start to finish as his body telling his mind that he needs to go within himself and find the reason he isn't a happy person. The trigger is his mother dying and the last thing he told her was about his promotion. The entire castle and the town around it is just his mind.

There are only 3 major players.

-Himself as the present state of mind
-The Doctor as his regrets, shame, and ugly past
-The Girl as his locked away childhood

He doesn't come in contact with his childhood because it's been forgotten and lost with his dad killing himself. When they hung the priest and burned the castle that was his dad died and eventually led to being anti-religious as why would you believe in religon when you had to witness your father killing himself? Also he feels ashamed for going down the same path as his father, but trying to do it better. In the end he just burns it down again and who shows up at the end to find out how he fixed everything? The board members who represent his body as a whole checking up on his state of mind.

more in next post

still waiting user

More spoilers

It's a clusterfuck of imagery, but I'll go down what I did catch.

-The patients are all just functions of the mind, the indian guy represented cheating, the older white guy was charisma, the old white woman that got killed off/suppressed was curiosity
-The doctor wanted to corrupt his childhood to drive the mind into the current path it was already heading, hence the rape scene and drugging the current state of mind
-The people who lived outside the castle estate were forgotten memories, like the fact about the kid who didn't speak till he was 11 and was drawing the first time the castle burned which was just Roland when he was younger
-The Bar scene he only called the boardmembers nobody else, which further builds the theory that the board members are just his collective body
-The guy he went to grab from the hospital represented ambition, which was the first function to give the red flag that something was wrong since it was the last emotion he showed to his mother before she died
-The roughneck teenagers at the bar were most likely his rebellious teenager years he forgot
-The eels were dark memories locked away, the deprivation tank signified how when you don't have escapism your dark past can come about and flood the mind.
-The spiral driveway was the deep road into his inner mind
-The girl knew his mothers childhood song even tho he never told anyone, signifying she was his childhood
-The doctor knew his father killed himself signifying he knew all of his past because he was his past. Also took off the mask and lived since the beginning of the estate which further proved he was just the past.

More in next post

sounds like something is there

None of what you said is correct. It wasn't in his head. It's about a baron who figures out that eels somehow can keep people alive for 200 years so he uses that to keep his daughter alive long enough for her to get her period so he can fuck her. It's that stupid, it was not a dream at all.

More spoilers

The patients being functions makes sense when the whole place burns down and they just keep dancing, as they don't really have anything beyond their functions anyways. The past pulled all the strings and the childhood stayed repressed as the current state of mind was driven by these.

There were a few things I didn't quite catch.

-Was the girl teleporting around or did she stand still when Roland first saw her?
-I couldn't exactly pinpoint who the latin limo driver and elk meant
In the end when the board members show up and ask him what he did and that he felt better now as he took his childhood and rode off was a very good scene imo with these in mind. I left extremely satisfied thinking this and it's one of my favorite movies because of it.

I'm certain I missed a fuckload because I didn't quite come to fruition with this theory until almost the end. 10/10 movie tho for me. I'm rewatching it the first chance I get and doubt anything beats this movie for me as MoTY.

Thanks for the spoilers, I was going to see it, but now.

Seriously fuck you why did you not give a warning. I'm hate you, fuck you.

O I almost forgot this one, the most important symbolism.

The water with leeches I believe signifies current state society. You can't ignore it, but it will dry you up either way. You have to be apart of it/drink it

>Was the girl teleporting around or did she stand still when Roland first saw her?
I have no idea. It definitely looked like she was standing in different spots every time she came back into view.

That's not a spoiler and it's not even true; user is just retarded. The movie is not worth seeing and is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It's not "its all a dream" at all.

O fuck me, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I didn't spoiler that. It bombed anyways, but at least you'd be able to go in kind of understanding what you are watching. It's an absolute pirate.

Niggers can only steal. Color me surprised.

I could be totally fucking wrong. If the director comes out and says it was all in realtime and was just a shitty 3 hour slow burn horror movie then I'd be pissed.

Also the theory of it all being in his head can come as early as 30 minutes in, weird shit happens almost from the get go.

Instantly one of your favorite movies of all time? Dear god I've never experienced taste this poor. It's just the magic mountain with eels.

Not that user, but the shots were fantastic. Shit was Assassination of Jesse James sexy and I'll always remember it for that.

Dude trust me after sitting through almost 3 hours I wanted it to be in his head, I just don't see any evidence other than his mom saying "she's in a dream, but she doesn't know she's dreaming" the MC is so stupid and it takes him way too long to realize there's something wrong with the water even after seeing the crap on the glass, people's piss bottles with all sorts of shit in them, and countless others. I've never been more disappointed in a movie, the premise, the photography, everything lead me to think this movie would be great but good lord did it let me down.

Verbinsky is amazing on technical level. All he need but never get is good scripts

It definitely needed some scenes cut out. It really kept pushing the eels too much. It was about 45minutes too long and it could have ended on him writing that note. Reminds me of Cloverfield Lane where it could have ended before the Aliens showed up

The only thing that I feel gives you any merit, which also shakes my theory hard, is the fact that other people seem to show up for visitation also. I can't explain that shit and it does seem to make me think maybe it all was just real or it was some kind of retarded drug blend where some of it was real and some wasn't.

It was a mess tho, I'll give you that.

A lot of people walked out during the rape scene. Especially when he sniffs the hymen blood

It's not a bad theory, but it's probably not true.

Sounds like kino

k i n o

I don't see why it's SJW. The white people in Get Out are basically liberals who want to be black.

>I don't see why it's SJW.
>The white people in Get Out are basically liberals who want to be black.
hmm.

It's his inbred daughter too, wew lad

Haha o man, I could see everyone just kind of sink into their seats. It was so unnessicary, but god dam that library/basement was some Harry Potter sexy it was worth it for the scene alone. Can't find the scene anywhere since it was near the end of the movie, but I want it as wallpaper. That library was amazing.

Also I had someone walk out on the Tooth scene.

K I N O
I
N
O