What does Sup Forums think about Cowboy Bebop?

What does Sup Forums think about Cowboy Bebop?

Personally, I think it's one of the highest forms of art achieved with anime. A truly amazing anime that was ahead of its time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C-sYFirfywY
youtube.com/watch?v=WbOUk5fGTKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how about

you

fuck off

back

to

Sup Forums

Is outstanding. I love it. The atmosphere, the music, the characters, the homages, the fact that most that happens on a personal level is implied.

Is a non-anime. The tropes do not belong to the usual garbage Sup Forums could fall for. Also, many of the "homages" I stated above is stuff Sup Forums would love.

Sup Forums is too busy circlejerking over moeshit to every have a proper discussion about Cowboy Bebop

I tried to watch it but I got extremely bored extremely fast. Style over substance. I'm not surprised animu tards like it so much because they constantly confuse style with substance.

Overrated, I found it really boring when I saw it for the first time as a kid and I still do
It's all rule of cool, but the lack of real plot until last episodes and basic characters make it shallow

Outstanding. A bit overrated tho.
Neon Genesis Evangelion is the epitome of anime.

There's always an underlying plot. Just because every episode is different doesn't mean there's a lack of plot.

Explain how there's no substance

Trigun was better

One of the best anime ever made, which means it's a 5 or 6/10

Not an argument

Fedorian trash for low IQ videogame players that refuse to watch actual cinema that influenced this upvote groupthink trash.

Neither was yours. None of those were.

Nice buzzwords faggot

Cry more fanboy

Only things that belong on that image are OPM, AOT, and DBZ

Kill yourself

>muh contrarianism

also known as the Sup Forums has objectively better taste than Sup Forums beginner's guide.

You post buzzword tier cartoons on a board for actual television/film and expect anything more? How many of your favorite albums are on here kid?

Bait more fag

Okay this might be offtopic but do Japanese really say "eh?" most of the time when they are surprised or is this some anime shit?

>Sup Forums has objectively better taste than Sup Forums beginner's guide
>all of that entry level pleb trash and some more are in their rec wiki
Remember Sup Forums lurkers that aren't sure yet, when the threads going there way they praise Sup Forums, but when its not they ridicule them

Have more than 5 of those on my hdd, shift+del instantly. Thanks for the image.

I like Bohren, Pink Floyd and Tom Waits
What's your favorite music

Stop embarrassing yourself Korinefag

Yeah, surprisingly it's a thing in real life

Lol that picture. So Sup Forums likes actual good stuff and not shit with little schoolgirls?

last.fm/user/catsinspace
Don't let me know what you think because you have no taste anyways.

>le entry level is bad meme
Go back to your seasonal battle harems and CGDCT garbage fag

>you have no taste anyways.
>his top band is Les Rallizes Dénudés, the ultimate poseur magnet
AHAHAHAHAJAJAJAJAJAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAJAHA

>Neon Genesis Evangelion is the epitome of anime.

Holy shit kill yourself. You literally watched baby's first DUDE PHILOSOPHY anime and think it's amazing. Eva is the definition of style of substance and Anno himself has stated that the imagery is just random bullshit he thought would look cool. Eva is slow as shit and the characters, save for Misato and Rei, are some of the worst character of any anime I've seen. Plus the dub is plain trash.

>entry level isn't shit
>Sup Forums hasn't championed this opinion for years
You're here for the oscars right? Stay in those threads and once its over you go home.

I'm with that guy, NGE is amazing.

Stop talking out of your ass fucking poser

I didn't really like the episodic nature, and the drip-feeding of all the characters backstory. I just finished Jupiter Jazz and that definitely hints at more complexity, worried it'll go back to episodic stuff like the Alien episode again now

Can't deny it looks amazing tho

Also I really like Ed, I gather that's an unpopular opinion round here

>Hawkwind
my niqqa

Indeed, I found it very enjoyable when it was still on Netflix.

HOLY SHIT Sup Forums HAVE YOU SEEN THIS MOVE?

WOULD POST ON Sup Forums BUT THEY HAVE SHIT TASTE LOL

>he wasn't here in 2013
>he wasn't here in 2012
>he wasn't here in 2011
>he wasn't here in 2010
>he wasn't here in 2009
Like I said you entry level fucking plebeian, stay in your oscars threads and once they're over return to your pleb board.

No spoilers please lads but is the movie worth watching?

Also, if it is, when should I watch it? Between session 22 and 23, or after I finish the series?

Read the first 2 volumes of the manga and that was amazing, heard mixed things about the anime.

>hating episodic television

YES. The movie's fantastic. Not perfect, but still great.

Gave up after about ten episodes.

>No story
>Annoying characters
>Meme music

Oh, and watch it after the series.

This is the best TV show that has ever aired on any network, ever.

I can not begin to express how much I love this show. Just from the name alone, I knew that I could relate to this show. I have a higher than normal IQ, genius level to be exact, and most other shows, I just can't understand why people like them. Cowboy Bebop's comedy, sarcasm, and wittiness is so funny not because of the actual content, but because I know that so many people, less smart than me, can not begin to understand what they mean. The characters are also hilarious. The relationship between Spike and Faye is so deep, yet so distant. The writers for this show really know how to set up a perfect world, that only intelligent people can understand. Unfortunately, lots of people do not find this show funny. I just can not understand why. The only possibility in my mind is that they are just too dumb to comprehend the scientific humor. The show is targeted, to an audience that doesn't normally enjoy TV. It's a show that is intelligent, but at the same time witty. Its a show that has such deep meaning and characters, you begin to want to live there yourself. this show is amazing, and if I could, I would give it higher.

10/10.

>Sup Forums thinks they have good taste in animu
>their current FOTM is just some trashy echi fapbait anime about big titted animal women

>I'm with that guy, NGE is terrible.
ftfy

Cheers la

I don't hate it. It's just there are no plot threads that connect any of the episodes. I'm just used to a series having more of a narrative throughline stringing it all together, with Bebop it's just 'fly in spaceship make money'

>wannabe Sup Forums thinks they have good taste in animu
>their current FOTM is just some capeshit flick or a meme horror movie

Nah, I was referring to the guy he/you replied to.

>NGE
>good

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

But Sup Forums thinks Konosuba is AOTY which is the funniest Anime in years

This is my main board fucktard

>No story
You know every episode has its own complete story, right?

Fucking serialfags, I swear to fucking god.
>wtf? Why did did this plot resolve? Why aren't the writers stretching it out as long as possible making it up as they go along with no real plan to resolve it until a last minute unsatisfying cnclusion when they're bored with the show?

Holy shit is this pasta

If it isn't reddit approved shit that made me feel like an adult whilst watching cartoons then its shit sorry

I don't care for "villain of the week" shows. 20 minutes is hardly ever enough to develop a good story.

The nature of the show being mostly in insular stories contained to their episode is a boundary of the medium that the creators masterfully incorporated into the series. Tertiary characters are the focus of most of these episodes and we see them through the main characters eyes and learn who the main cast are based on how they react to them (it's no accident that Spike's last name is the German word for "mirror"). But just as the main characters are forced by the circumstances of their poverty and their past to keep all others at arms length, we the audience are forced by the limitations of the medium to recognize the boundary between us and the main cast, the screen. I'm not saying it's a perfect series, but you will probably care about one or all of the characters by the end.

>Sup Forums gets triggered over anime (which has its own board) but doesn't get triggered over western cartoons (which also has its own board)
Explain these double standards

>The nature of the show being mostly in insular stories contained to their episode is a boundary of the medium that the creators masterfully incorporated into the series. Tertiary characters are the focus of most of these episodes and we see them through the main characters eyes and learn who the main cast are based on how they react to them
This. All of the people who bitch about Cowboy Bebop's episodic nature don't fucking get this.

Yeah, I won't disagree and you're articulated yourself well. desu i'm still enjoying the series and looking forwards to finishing it

youtube.com/watch?v=C-sYFirfywY

It's a pretty good entry level anime.
The story is decent, the soundtrack is simply great and so is the animation.
Granted, it's a pretty "westernised" anime but I could hardly think of a reason to hate it.

>implying moe discusses the full potential of anime as an art form
they are busy circlejerking and spitting buzzwords and calling things "pretentious" when they don't get it.

Huge tune. It's obscene that an anime has a soundtrack this good

>they are busy circlejerking and spitting buzzwords and calling things "pretentious" when they don't get it.
so Sup Forums?

I like Cowboy Bebop but it's pretty funny how it's considered the pinnacle of anime. Stuff like The Tatami Galaxy and Ping Pong are miles better.

no

>but the lack of real plot until last episodes
I hate you and people like you. You've all been conditioned by modern addiction-storytelling methods so much that you can't appreciate episodic stories or stand-alone adventures. Unless the show is constantly baiting you by establishing setup-payoff scenarios and ending the episode on a setup, you think there's no story. Wake up! You've all been fooled.

Not an argument.

No

Not an argument.

watched two episodes
it was boring

fpbp

Based swagcunt ruining Sup Forums

>Sup Forums is one thread

Anime of worth is not discussed on Sup Forums, only mindless weeb shit for perverted manchildren.

the entry and exitanime

I enjoyed it, but I haven't really sat down and watched it in 15 years, aside from happening across a random episode on Adult Swim occasionally.

I didn't hate it but I do think it's a bit weak in places. The setting doesn't take itself seriously enough (boy made immortal via magic crystal), the characters aren't all that developed, and there's not much of an arc. Though my lack of enthusiasm for it could be due to my skewed impression from the absurd amount of praise it's received over the years.

Honestly I prefer the movie.

I couldn't stand Ed when I first watched it as a kid, but on rewatching I found the little cunt pretty endearing.

Like all japtoons, it lacks proper writing.

You are right
youtube.com/watch?v=WbOUk5fGTKY

No anime on Sup Forums fuckface.

>hurr everyone, I posted it in 2 threads

Still? ...Not sure why I'm surprised.

Reminder the rise of Sup Forumsedditors coming over to Sup Forums as a result of Bane memes has led to a shift in taste on Sup Forums

99% of the anime threads here are made by Sup Forumsedditors who only watch LE EPIC MANIME shonen trash and are too scared to post on Sup Forums because no one wants to talk about the same 5 old classic anime that only entry level newfaggots know about. Then they cry about Sup Forums having shit taste and proceed to buy their next avengers movie ticket.

Sup Forums has actually done a fantastic job at keeping out you Sup Forumseddit scum and so all you faggots come crying here because no one wanted to accommodate your newfaggotry.

Also you all treat Sup Forums as a place to ask for recommendations when was made to deal with garbage threads like these that aren't actually discussing anything. This thread should be deleted but since Sup Forums mods are garbage it won't be.

>t. Sup Forums moedowney

I still don't know if that's a boy or girl.

Without memeing its a girl

HAHAHA THE SHITPOSTING IS RIGHT
HAHAHAHA

>what is saving other's reaction images

Sorry, Sup Forumsutist, I dont have much animu smug girls to satisfy you :^)

>this upsets the Sup Forumsedditor

>Sup Forumsutism: the pasta upsets someone
I'm only replying too you because I'm in the good mood, kid.
Now, why don't you sit down and start watching your weeb school degeneracy harem #400?

ignorant 90's born faggot, shut the fuck up with your meme bullshit.

What you're saying is only partially true but this image is like 66.666% bait.

>says the faggot posting in an anime thread