I have never seen a movie that features this bitch, yet she is somehow recognized as the best actress of her generation

I have never seen a movie that features this bitch, yet she is somehow recognized as the best actress of her generation.

Other urls found in this thread:

nationalreview.com/article/443669/meryl-streeps-golden-globes-speech-moralizing-hypocrisy
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>I have never seen a movie that features this bitch

Probably too busy looking down at your phone and making shitty posts on Sup Forums

I'm sure she's devastated

She really is a great actress, She's just become terribly self-important and full of affectation. She's in the Hollywood extreme liberal bubble just like Sup Forums shitters and their ilk are in the extreme conservative bubble.

She's a great actress.

She's also incredibly self-righteous.

Learn to separate an actor's personal and professional lives. Tom Cruise is an absolute nutter in real life, but he's a total bro on set and tries his utmost to make sure everyone is having a great time, especially the audience.

I think the whole "Meryl Streep: Great Actress" thing started as a meme.

The male members of the academy didn't like women's movies so whenever they didn't like the nominees they just gave it to Meryl because she was so ugly.

Ive seen her in several movies and most of them are complete shit.

The only decent one was deer hunter but her role was so small she didnt make a difference.

Devil wears prada a shit.

>Among modern actresses, Hepburn voiced approval of Melanie Griffith and Julia Roberts, but names Oscar-winner Meryl Streep as her least favourite female film star, saying she was too cerebral and over-reliant on technique.

> Katherine Hepburn, who, according to her biographer, called Streep her “least favourite modern actress”, saying her performances are so calculated you can almost hear the “click, click, click…” as the wheels turn inside Streep's head.
what did she mean by this?

Name one great movie that she's had a great role in.

>She's a great actress.
Well, she's a renowned actress.

>While flattering the roomful of tipsy celebrities by remarking that they “really belong to the most vilified segments of American society,” Streep ignored the misdeeds of biased journalists who have discredited themselves during the past year; she called on them to hold “accountable” the unnamed powerful person and object of her ire. In her weakest performance sinceSuffragette, she attempted to convert an awards show into a political rally.

>It was rich to see Streep, impersonator and belittler extraordinaire, condemn her phantom enemy for cruel imitation. She has become the most overrated actress of our times, making unstoppably arrogant attempts at doing everything and being anyone — a narcissist’s peculiar form of demagoguery.
>nationalreview.com/article/443669/meryl-streeps-golden-globes-speech-moralizing-hypocrisy

>most overrated actress of our times

Meryl streep getting armond'ed over here.

She has become a meme it's that simple. Meryl Streep is to acting what Chuck Norris to fighting. Or perhaps she's more like a female version of Nic Cage. But let's face it, most of Meryl's performances are cartoonish or downright silly. There are plenty of brilliant actresses out there but let's not confuse a meme for actual talent.

Just off the top? Kramer vs. Kramer and Adaptation are two that I really liked.

This is subjective in any case. No matter what I name, you'll just call it shit.

Being ugly looks like acting when women do it. see Monster.

No - point is, she had the worst filmography of all so-called great actresses. Her role selection shows how clueless she actually is.

Deer Hunter also come to mind, minor role though.

She isn't a good actress she acts the same.

Awards mean nothing.

Movies are great, and she does a good job, but she doesn't have the lead role in them! It's embarrassing. What's her Taxi Driver, her Godfather?

I never knew her either, but I was really mad about what she said about Walt Disney long before this new controversy.

Hollywood celebs are some of the most vile and morally bankrupt people on the planet. They aren't good people no matter how much virtue signaling they do.

Diet Karl strikes again.

Yes is subjective but thats 2 fucking roles.
Like even if i liked adaptation is not a recognizable film.
That doesnt deserve the fame and recognition she has. She is literally the queen of Hollywood right now.

Like do you even know the name of the movie she got an oscar nomination this time?

She is mostly known for taking all this roles to which she is totally miscast.

She is like an unfunny version of Jim Carrey doing impersonations.

Lol why do you think that is? Traditionally, most leading roles have been male. Most women haven't gotten the chance to have their Godfather movie because for the most part those roles don't exist

List her greatest films and why you feel shes so great. I am genuinely interested.

I feel like in that she's just a meme.

She's done enough stupid romantic comedy's to put me off of her forever. The good movies that she is in aren't good because of her.

Godfather movies were at least somewhat based in reality, female godfather would be complete fantasy.

The deer hunter.

She was great in Angels in America pleb. Played multiple roles too.

>Meryl Streep on Saturday accused designer Karl Lagerfeld of spoiling her night at the Academy Awards ceremony by falsely accusing her of being paid to wear a gown on the Oscars red carpet.
>"The story was picked up globally, and continues, globally, to overwhelm my appearance at the Oscars, on the occasion of my record breaking 20th nomination, and to eclipse this honor in the eyes of the media, my colleagues and the audience," Streep, 67, said in a statement.
>"Mr. Lagerfeld's generic ‘statement’ of regret for this ‘controversy’ was not an apology," the actress said.

What a repulsive hag.

Now you are looking for excuses.

If there are no female roles in Hollywood how do you justify all of meryl streep award nominations and recognition?.

I just looked through her filmography thinking the same and she hasn't been in shit worth a shit

Not lead role

Diane Keaton, Jodie Foster, Katherine Hepburn

is she jewish?

Doubt and Sophie's Choice were both good and she carried both films.

Though, this site is so full of "muh Jew devil" jack offs that anything to do with the Holocaust is immediately ripe for attack. She was great in the role, nonetheless.

I loved her in Doubt.

August Osage County....Fuck you, i liked it. I regret nothing

German Irish, I think.

She is a intellectual fraud with no creative flair. She is an autist while acting and lacks playfulness and spontaniey usually associate with artists.

To be put simply she was too insistent on colouring within the lines

>She has become the most overrated actress of our times, making unstoppably arrogant attempts at doing everything and being anyone.

I think this line summarize what i hate about meryl streep.
I specifically hate all her characters based on real people.

Those were not real believable characters with feelings, Thats just doing impersonations with your smug face on.

For a supposed genius and renowned actor her filmography isn't all that impressive.

>she played an ageing has-been actress in death becomes her

Life imitates art

Because she isn't beating out male peers for all her awards? Women get worse roles than men

As bitchy as I think she's being, that says far more about just how much of a fucking pleb you are than it does about her acting prowess.

I think her Deer Hunter win was a joke among the academy's male voters.

Take an entirely over the top, right wing, masculine movie (DH was literally being picketed by lefties at the time) and nominate the only left wing woman who appears in it.

If you altkuks are going to make a thread everytime your mommy sends you to your room were gonna be here for decades..

YOURE A FUCKIN PUSSY
also kys
doooo iiiittttttt

why are you even here?

>Thats just doing impersonations with your smug face on.
Not to defend her, but I feel like that's a problem with many biopics.

Not sure what you mean by this comment friendo. You trying to say this place is a safe space for Meryl Streep worship?

>I specifically hate all her characters based on real people

She fucking played half of the Earths middle-class women population at this point.

Only seen her in lemony snicket and she's the weakest character in the thing.

>trashes trump once during your acceptance speech
>get trashed by literally the god of fashion
POTTERY Next she'll probably get a divorce.

This. It's as bad as lefties calling Trump a failed businessman. The guy's a billionaire. Don't let your hatred of the guy diminish that.

Streep's a fantastic actress. Just wish she'd fuck off with her politics though.

>For a supposed genius
What's her IQ?

>Sup Forums

This smug asshole hates everything. Like most critics, he probably wishes he could've been talented enough to actually BE in the industry but he's not. So, he just wings predictable hatred at pretty much everything, ESPECIALLY if people enjoy it.

I agree.

Look at 3 of her peers, the last two who aren't even considered great anymore:

Susan Sarandon

>Rocky Horror
>Pretty Baby
>Witches of Eastwick
>Bull Durham
>Thelma and Louise
>Bob Roberts
>the Player
>Little Women
>Cradle will Rock
>Igby goes down

Jessica Lange

>King Kong (Beat out Streep for the role)
>How to beat the high Co$t of living
>Tootsie
>Country
>Everybody's All American
>Cape Fear
>Rob Roy
>Big Fish

Karen Black

>Easy Rider
>Five Easy Pieces
>Great Gatsby
>Day of the Locust
>Nashville
>In Praise of Older Women
>Come on back to the five and dime, Jimmy Dean
>Dogtown
>house of 1000 corpses

I'm pretty sure it's because her target audience is your mommy, not you.

Presumably to engage in actual film and television related discussion, rather than circlejerk about Trump all day. This is, after all, the board for that.

Meryl pls

When I try think what she's been in I just think of Glenn Close and Mamma Mia. Overrated.

The River Wild is fun though

Watch more films.

I was gonna say this is her best role, but then I find it's Glenn Close.

So I have no idea what this old hag has ever done except play unlikable old hags.

Whoa. You really know how to argue, breh.

Hello underage.

I agree with it being a meme. She's top tier, obviously, as most people wouldn't jerking off to her name, but I've never been moved by her performances, and she hasn't redefined the art like Brando or anything.

>muh two sides of the same coin

They're really not. Stop this meme, it just hurts your credibility as a poster

Must be hard to process real opinions apart from social circle jerking.

I always confuse her with Glenn Close. Now she's good.

I have never watched Lawrence of Arabia and that means it's overrated

If both extremes exhibit the same type of idiocy people will keep pointing it out. The fact that you're triggered by it says a lot.

The Devil Wears Prada

>The Iron Lady
>Doubt
>The Manchurian Candidate
>Adaptation
>The Hours
>Rendition
No ones saying you should like her, but to pretend she hasn't had some good roles simply because you don't watch movies is a little silly.

how did you know

She should have gotten a worst try-hard award for her margaret Thatcher impression.

>The Iron Lady
>The Manchurian Candidate
>Rendition
not
>Manhattan
>Kramer vs Kramer
>Silkwood
>Sophie's Choice

Kramer x Kramer

I picked more recent stuff the younglings might recognize.

>Tom Cruise is an absolute nutter in real life
He joined a cult instead of just admitting he liked buttplay with other dudes. Tom, it's 2017, its time to come out of the closet. It's okay.

>most overrated actress of our times
Not in a world where Jennifer Lawrence has won an oscar.

She should stick to acting since that's the only thing she's good at.
When actors start talking politics and giving stupid opinions, it's just an embarrassment.

webm related. Everyone wants to rip her head out for being a dumbass outside of the screen.

>that stare of imminent homicide