Food Thread

If you could popularize a food from your country worldwide, which one would be?

Ill start, the [b]Sopaipilla[/b].

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uLNOztBhgys
youtu.be/eqMppTCwAUM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

SE LLAMA HOJALDRE

asco

WTF is that? Looks too undercooked for a croisant and there's no layers (hojas) as in banderillas. Whatever it is that's not Panamanian in origin but a type of viennoiserie.

What is it with you Central Americans making some very slight variation on other foods and calling it your own? It's like Salvadorans turning underfilling gorditas and calling it pupusas or Hondurans calling egg burritos baleadas. Seriously man.

Search "hojaldre" in google and 3/4 of the images are just generic "facturas". Goddamn.

>mexicans invented wheat and baking

> porque cambian nombres
> todos los hispanos tienen variaciones de empanadas y otras pastelerías
> dice mientras come tacos al pastor (kebabs) y comida española con nombres de mierda como pacotacopetl
y quien dice que no fueron los centroamericanos de allá los que inventaron lo que dices? ahí está la gran mayoría de los mayas... mejimono payaso. siempre hay uno LOL

Not so fast Chile, sopaipillas were a generic enough Spanish recipe it even survived in New Mexico while looks like a calabaza pipiana.

None. Before Americans claim it as theirs as well.

Sandwich jambon beurre.

my cum

Adding zapallo/calabaza to the recipe is enough to change the whole flavor of it. So in the same way adding "pino" as a flavor to empanadas. So does the sopaipilla as a "zapallo flavor for X fried stuff".

whats so special about that? its just ham & butter, the poor man's sandwich. cant you afford a slice of cheese?

Who knows? With great ingredient it's pretty good.

No, that's European, viennoiserie literally means it's from Vienna.

Because not only did those foods originate inside Mexico's borders, but the cultural syncretism took part for the most part inside Mexico. If the other Central Americans hadn't separated from us their food would simply be considered yet another variation on Mexican the same as food from Chiapas and Yucatán. There were no cultural centers like Oaxaca or Puebla/Veracruz originating unique cuisine or ingredients, all you had was jungle post-collapse Mayas and other diverse peoples not in the same degree of civilization as say Zapotecs or Tarascos.. Name me original vegetables/fruits from your region? Or recipes which don't have Mexican counterparts. The only ones I can think of are post-colonial (I'm not sure but maybe Guatemalan recado) you have varieties, some tomatoes and chiles.

The point I'm making here is the same you would make about some European cuisines in small countries, Central American cuisine is for the most part a branch of the cultural tradition that's more widely known as Mexican.

Mole
>generic name for a number of sauces originally used in Mexican cuisine
>a mole contains a fruit, chili pepper, nut and spices like black pepper, cinnamon and cumin.
the best one is mole negro
>includes chocolate, as well as chili peppers, onions, garlic and more, but what makes it distinct is the addition of a plant called hoja santa

You know what, I'm going to go out on a limb here and take back the substance of what I wrote. Traditions do diversify and change and small variations are unique and valuable. Guess I had it on the back of my mind some Central Americans were writing shit on the Mexican earthquake threads but that's not an excuse and I do want to apologize for behaving like a jerk, it's dishonest behaviour and simply inexcusable even if this is a Malaysian porcelain figures site.

Just to make it very clear this is an apology I am sorry.

Its aprecciated
Back to the thread, bot mole and pan con jamon are delicious.

ahem

it feels like youre fighting to eat when eating that kind of bread
not cool

i like the size. reminds me of a foot long subway sandwich with a lot of stuff in it.

nada.
lo que pasa es que te diste cuenta que la cagaste. no me imagino ser un centraka norte y tener de vecino a un país que se jacta de ser dueño de la cocina hispana que por igual y de forma independiente influyó en cada otra parte del imperio y se mezcló con la nativa de esas regiones. y además cree que en el resto del continente no hay frutas y verduras. ay limon.

y digo centraka norte, porque nuestra cocina nada tiene que ver con mexico.

>le German cuisine is le disgusting xD .D ^^

You are a fucking idiot.
Just a dumbass from santiago.

Just shut up nigger

Dude, why would you want to eat literally fried bread.

Not my country, but when I studied in China, I enjoyed these Chinese breakfast burritos (煎饼果子). Basically an eggy crepe is stuffed with fried dough, sweet bean sauce, crushed red pepper and scallions.

Here's a fellow white man making one:
youtube.com/watch?v=uLNOztBhgys

youtu.be/eqMppTCwAUM

step back, you got nothing on this shit.