Why does John Wick turn his gun diagonally?

Why does John Wick turn his gun diagonally?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JY9TJigpcyo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

something about making sure the weapon hasn't jammed

Curves the bullet trajectory.

zero-axis bore fighting.

very technically advanced close quarter combat maneuvering. too advanced for anyone to try except maybe Steven Seagull.

He is russian, so he writes and shoots in cyrillic.

like father like son

According to directors it's just to put emphasis on how aggressive he's being. It gives it an "oomph" that regular tactical stances do not. And they said they thought it looked cool.

Keanu is right handed, but left eye dominant. He tilts the gun towards his left eye to help himself acquire a faster, more clear sight picture.

>talking out of your ass this hard

there's a lot of dumb shit in this thread but yours takes the cake

*shoots 1 round in the leg, 1 in the chest*
*throws over a shoulder*
*rolls on the floor for a while*
*gets shot, shrugs it off*
*finally finishes a guy with a headshot*

Why is John Wick so shit at killing?

You meant in italic... oh wait.

can't speak to whether or not what he said about Keanu is true, but dominant hand/eye coordination is a thing when it comes to aiming weapons

its standard for close combat, you wont miss regardless of how you hold it and having your arms slightly tilted gives you better leverage if someone tries to grab your gun

Have you seen the other Assassins? Cassian stabs himself in the chest and Ares's main attack is to roll towards her enemies.

He holds his pistol in Center Axis Relock technique when shooting in close quarters a lot. It's arguably a meme stance, but it has its proponents and it looks cool.

He holds his rifle at an angle because he's got an offset red dot from his patrol scope.

He will bring them in and look at them while reloading to make sure they aren't jammed and to have them close to his body and up in his eye line.

Came expecting seagull, was not disappointed

No moron. Watch the behind the scenes training for John wick two. He is checking the gun

LITERALLY got my information STRAIGHT FROM THE DIRECTORS' MOUTHS on some ScreenJunkies interview thing.

>Cassian stabs himself in the chest

Are you this fucking stupid

The only person talking out of his ass is (You)

Don't be so flustered from getting called out on your idiocy, babycakes.

Directors =/= fight choreographer/ stunt trainer. Keanu is literally turning it to check it

youtu.be/JY9TJigpcyo

Cassian is literally still holding the weapon when John makes him stab himself. Rewatch the movie and tell me it wasn't dumb as hell.

>makes him

So it's agreed it was wick. Ok cool

Guess I got my answer, which is yes,you are this fucking stupid.

should be shot when he changes hands

Why are you so adamant about defending the edgy movie version of "stop hitting yourself?"

Sounds like Bloodborne PVP

This. Everyone else is wrong. Also I believe it is a meme firing stance as well. Modified Weaver 4 lyfe.

5-count draw, rolled shoulders, squared chest faggot.

do you always shoot in plates senpai?

This, it's called cross eye dominance. It's especially a problem with long arms and before tilting the gun became the norm cross dominant shooters were taught to shoot their pistols right handed and rifles left handed.

It's a more stable position and it lets you bring the pistol back into your chest easily and move around corners.

Weaver was literally disabled which is why he shot the way he did. You all are copying a cripple.

If he is cross eye dominant, why is his RMR on the right side of his rifle?

>Stop stabbing yourself! Stop stabbing yourself!

hmm I always felt more comfortable one foot behind the other. I'll have to give being fully squared up a try.

Square chest. Feet one behind the other.

Though feet are not as important as a lot of people sperg about. Both Pat McNamara and Jerry Miculek have pretty thoroughly covered how much people over think footwork.

Any good quality downloads of this movie out there yet? Watched it in theaters but I really want to watch it again, and really have no idea where to look.

Next time I'm at the range I'll pay better attention to how my shoulders end up. Maybe I am squaring up and not realizing. tv>k tonight,

Two sights. Holographic and iron.

His rifle uses an Accupoint and an RMR. The Accupoint is set at some magnification and he doesn't adjust it on the fly. RMR is for quick presto use up close.

K has become borderline unbearable with all of the milsim and airsoft LARPing allowed. The amount of combat experience on the board is just so low now that it's the blind leading the blind when they talk tactics.

the directors are literally fight and stunt chroeographers by trade. The director was Keanus stunt double for Point Break and The Matrix

that's john wick you fucking moron what are you talking about

>what is center axis relock

lotta nogunz here

Quick question, how many fucking assassins live in NYC? That ending scene was really good but also jarring.

you're just as retarded as the user you are replying too

NYC has tough gun control laws, there are no assassins

Assassination is a lucrative job with little to no requirements or education. As long as you have the stomach to kill your hired.

I can kind of rationalize it by thinking that there are a fuckload of assassins trying to get in place so they are as close to John Wick as possible when his "safe" time runs out. So naturally there is just this huge invisible cluster shadowing him at the end.

Now the silenced pistol shootout in public with nobody noticing? That was cringe to appeal to laughs for normies, but it totally broke the feel of the gunplay in the films.

What are you talking about haha

Never watched John Wick, are they good action movies? I heard the second is better than the first, but I have to watch the first before I watch the second anyways

assassins are expendable haha more often they get killed off before they get paid

It's a great action movie, realistic gun play and combat, and no stupid story elements.

You feel the motivation, the luxury and the history behind the world.
It's a pure movie that knows what it's doing.

Watch it.

Didn't $7mil seem like a very small amount of money to try to kill Wick?

Especially to assassins that know his reputation. And if there was any doubt to whether he was off his game he had just pulled off a very difficult assassination.

$7mil to likely die? Not nearly enough.

They are really good. I actually like the first one a LOT more because it had an insanely simple plot- which worked in the favor of it's pacing. It also hinted around an assassin subculture, but it didn't really spill too much about it, which kept some of the mystique.

John Wick 2's plot was a lot more convoluted and tied in with the assassin culture. I really didn't like how the general public in the movies didn't react to everything going on. I would have liked to see some NYPD cops at least show up, even if they get instantly wasted. It would have made for a nicer moment to have the bounty on John Wick be so high that the normally low key assassin violence starts spilling onto open streets.

Also the CGI blood spray in 2 is more noticable IMO.

Either way, the gunplay is great and since Keanu can actually shoot and fight there are lots of nice long camera holds on combat.

I wouldn't call the gunplay realistic. It's hyper stylized using a lot of real techniques, but never in a way they'd actually be applied. It's got realism in the same way Metal Gear Solid is realistic about gun stuff.

A lot of up and comers probably wanted to kill him for street cred. I presume anybody would hire the assassin that killed John Wick.

>Assassination is a lucrative job
maybe in the john wick universe

You forgot that 2 minutes early the Continental guy put every assassin in the world near that fountain to get Wick.

He's raising his elbow to help guard against unarmed attacks in close quarters, during the fights with clear sight lines he holds his weapons using the correct stance.

Why does he waste ammo shooting a guy's head 2 times?

To make sure they are super dead.

True.

I'm not the guy you're replying.

In my country the poorfag assassins get between 500 and 1250 dollars per kill. The minimum wage here is 250 dollars per month.
Just imagine how much money a high rank assassin like John Wick can make?

Probably not that many, I think it's more a case of them following their work.

He couldn't throw him out of a plane.

Why does he hold his M16 sideways like a gangster?

I'm gonna shoot him in the head, in the head

Eye and hand dominance regarding target acquisition is very legitimate. Ask any professional marksman

arthritis and a pure semen diet

I don't know anything about guns, what's right/wring about this?

I don't know about guns either but I'm gonna say the fact that he's barely holding onto the gun and hits himself in the face with it are wrong.

>Stock isn't even touching his shoulder
>Completely takes hands off fire controls
>Not using sights at all
It's just...so bad from every aspect. At least he has semi decent trigger discipline

He's lazy, slow, and not even giving the barest effort to act like he's moving in a combat environment.

Because it looks cool
That is what the directors said.

Fuck off back to your containment board Sup Forums

This. Isoceles is a shit

to look through the offset RMR. you don't want to be looking through a magnified optic for very close targets.

nothing, just a bunch of operator wannabes in this thread pretending they can take seagal in a fight

Not much.

I don't think I could take Seagal in a fight. Luckily I can walk at a brisk enough pace to never have it be a concern.

It's possible to survive a head shot, so if you want to be extra sure double tapping is a good idea

The directors said the subway potshot scene was a direct jab and nod at their experiences as LA people visiting new york city and observing the extent of what the average new york crowd will simply not notice or ignore and walk right past without acknowledging. They meant it to be ridiculous because they apparently have seen things almost as ridiculous just flat out ignored by real NYC pedestrians

>Micolash

brb gotta play Bloodborne

This. I'm arm myself with a rock and walk from him until he collapsed then move in for a coup de gras.

Ever heard of double tapping? People have survived headshots before.

So many things wrong with this post. Shitty bait, 2/10 got me to reply

Word probably spread pretty fast that John broke the rules, so everyone gathered around that spot to figure out what the result would be.

Yes and no.

$7,000,000 for one man is a lot of money. At the same time that John's never failed to kill someone who was trying to kill him, it's just one man. You could do it from a mile away with a rifle if you didn't give a shit about your reputation. Who cares? That's retirement money. It's enough to entice probably every assassin who knows he's nearby at any given time.

In MCT we were taught to shoot all tacticool like and we tilted the gun after firing to inspect the ejection port for jams or empty mags

Holy shit Common was in that shitshow of a movie? God damn. What did he do in that, I dont remember him at all

I loved this movie, I don't give a damn what any of ya'll think.

>that cathartic burning all your bridges at your insufferable 9-5 wageslave job with horrible coworkers and a slavedriving bitch boss
>badass assasination scenes
>cool as fuck fights
>angie still hot as fuck even tho she's getting up there by the time of this release
>easy to self-insert yourself as the MC when he's an average robot-esque character who trains to become a cool assassin badass

Yeah. this movie was great.