British internet culture

I don't want to paint with a broad brush and say that every british person is an upset and bickering personality online, but why for the majority does this seem to be the case.

Is it just "taking the piss" or are british posters genuinely easily irritated, angry, vindictive people in real life as they appear to be online, and why only with this group of people do you get a sense for a european "other" in a way that no other European culture really sticks out.

what the fuck are you on about lol
speak english

Americans are physically incapable of grasping banter

litterally mentaly ill

I get banter but there is a difference between grazing the head with a funny remark and being genuinely obnoxious and disruptive.

Americans are by far the most easily irritated, and they reply to every form of banter with "I will nuke you blah blah blah"

>american calling anyone irritating and obnoxious

There is a demographic of young early to mid 20s american men on here who browse pol and have a weird sense for masculinity and race.

It's one of those self referential meme cultures that is just a hat tip and a head nod with no humor or message. I guess its sort of like banter.

You know, you get used to dealing with your own vatniks. Maybe that's the case here.

>I guess its sort of like banter.
Americans clearly have a very twisted concept of banter

So this is the power of American Daddy Issues

Then you really don't understand banter: it's not just about being 'funny'. Banter has existed for centuries as the acceptable way for men to show affection to their friends, through ribaldry and facetiousness, and not through the particularly modern and feminine (and particularly American) compliments, touching, hugging, etc.

Americans can't understand it, just like other foreigners, as they long ago lost any Anglo-Saxon sensibilities.

You Celtic mutts are by far not as Anglo-Saxon as we are. British "banter" is pure cultural appropriation.

anglo is a cultural term rather than a genetic one, hence why the welsh, scots, and yanks counts as anglo

as for genetics, i honestly don't know the ancestry of the netherlands so i couldn't comment desu
i will say that yes we are celto-germanics, but the anglosaxon ancestry is in fact the dominant one

It's more like Americans putting up a fačade, pretending like they're really enthusiastic and positive. Everything you say is super awesome to Americans, but they would never be able to repeat what you literally just told them.

That's the impression I get from Americans. Please correct me if that's wrong, but Europeans (and Brits) just act like themselves, which ain't nearly as polite.

Their banter is just another level.
My dad made holidays in rural england and said that in the pub he was in, the brits would insult each other and get in a fight just for the lulz and 5 minutes later everyone was cool with each other again.

>Bonglander on the internet
>He's some lazy bum on the dole
>Supports UKIP
Everytime

I'll give you some more dominant ancestry
*invades you*
*rapes your romano-celtic qts*
*invents banter*

Can confirm just watched 2 lads hit each other and laugh it off 5 minutes later

You aren't Anglo-Saxons

Why though. I would probably go full Amerilard and sue.

I'm Frisian so you're wrong

Depends. If some bong would call me nazi and slap me or something but then laugh it off afterwards I would realize that it was just a rough joke. Not sure if I would return something familiar to be polite tho. Whatever, the point is, grow a pair.

I don't mean slaps. A fight to me is punching, kicking and throwing people.

>romano
NO

Depends on the tone. If it sounds hostile, I won't accept it as banter.

Exactly. Tone and context: two things impossible to convey on the internet.

British people are trained from birth to not show real emotions to each other so they express themselves through aggressive comments.

When they push you away, they probably don't want you to go away.

If only this were true anymore, then we'd still be great.

Now, we are as effusive and emotionally unstable as Americans, or even Europeans. This makes modern British television, and most workplaces, pretty much unbearable.

Solid men should at no point show emotion (a single tear at coronations is acceptable).

I thought it was that if they are rude to you that means they actually like you or at least notice you while they legitimately dislike you when they ignore you.