""""invent""""" soccer

>""""invent""""" soccer
>teach it to everyone but your own white colonies

Why did the Brits do this if they supposedly invent soccer?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg
youtube.com/watch?v=5UXnulANF8g
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>USA
>anglo

top kek

because you sperged out over tea before we got round to it

They also invented cricket and rugby (I think?) maybe they taught you rugby and you changed it?

Because we invented cooler sports

>Because we invented cooler sports
Name one, just one Canada.

Thankfully we never adopted and shitty British sports. We are a football/basketball/boreball/hockey country

this, america just likes to rebel against us given the chance, rugby is football, cricket/rounders is baseball, netball is basketball etc

then they act like the autistic kid in gym class when you refuse to play the game to theyre specific rules and claim their version is better yet nobody wants to join in.

Basketball has NO origins in any British sport, you fucking idiot.

We aren't even an Anglo country. We're more German-Italian-Irish influenced anyways.

But according to wikipedia:
>American football evolved from the sports of association football (soccer) and rugby football.
So you kinda did

>Basketball has NO origins in any British sport
its basically the same thing, just got a backboard, and instead of women its predominantly played by black men.
>We aren't even an Anglo country
im not going to even bother entertaining you on that.

Such as?

>Basketball has NO origins in any British sport
Disregarding netball, let's focus on the fact that basketball is fucking shite.

two of those are british, one is derived from a british sport, and three are rubbish

OP, only arab filled third world shitpits are good at divegrass.

>We aren't even an Anglo country
What language are you speaking again?

right from the beginning they knew povertyball was for poor people.
they taught their white colonies richer sports like rugby/cricket/golf.

India and Kenya speak English

They Anglo too?

What sport does football come from? Let me know? Rugby? Not even the same thing. There's no forward passing in rugby nor is it played like a chess game

Boreball? Where does that come from?

So they thought of themselves as poor? cuz they have the premier league.

Basketball is entirely American/Canadian, fuck off.

>Boreball? Where does that come from?
Cricket for when you don't have a flat surface

no soccer was the blue collared workers sport.
cricket/rugby/golf was for richer folk.

Where did this meme that the Brits invented soccer come from? Mexicans and Chinese people have been playing a form of it since the 100 BCs

>conveniently ignoring the worst fucking sport in the world

Basketball is a million times better than that shit.

>only arab filled third world shitpits are good at divegrass
>i can count with one hands the amount of good arab football players theres been, your a tit m8.

they made the formal rules to the game.

Canadian football

youtube.com/watch?v=d5BFaykcxGg

it's better than the American version but the talent level in the CFL is awful because less money/playing in Canada

Kenya's main language is Swahili and India's in Hindi you complete and utter pleb.

But why is rugby for rich folk though? You don't need equipment.
Anyways I don't get why North Americans care so much about how "patrician" a sport is. Who the fuck cares if it's fun? The point is competition so the more people the better.

The world speaks english for one main reason

Most of America's cultural heritage is German/Irish/Italian/Polish/Spanish

>implying

I'm a Canadian immigrant. Don't lump me in with those Euro shitskins

Moose fucking?

who founded your country?, what language do you speak, where do your laws derive from?, your religions?, come off it lad.

One of the great questions is why did soccer not take in Aus but cricket and rugby did?

>Boreball? Where does that come from?

Rounders.

when the sports were still in their infancy, rugby players were the children of landowners and aristocrats, while soccer players were basic workers.
its more about the status than the actual cost of the sport.

Rugby was played in private schools, toffs gave up football after it went pro and they got btfo by ex miners and part time milkmen.

Hamburgers, hot dogs and Apple Pie are all German

>who founded your country?
The sacred Native tribes of America
>what language
American
>where do your laws derive from?
Them street codes mane. Shit be real out here cuz.
>your religions
Celtic paganism
>come off it lad
Only your mom is allowed to tell me that

anglos cant run around for 90 minutes in 100 degree heat.

Because Football is literally a working class inbred mongrel northerner game for the masses and plebs, that we then took back off them when we decided to enjoy it too by pricing them out of it so Northern Nigel and his wife's son can't afford the £70 tickets to see Man Utd™ after Stacey's taken out her tobacco pouch and fake tan deductions and they only have twenty quid left to feed Jamal Jr. pot noddles for the week.

We exported gentlemen's games like cricket and tennis and rugby to our empire.

>cricket
A pleasant way to spend a hot day
>rugby
Aussies are tough guys

>Only your mom is allowed to tell me that

>shitting on basedball
Ooga booga da shooga wooga bix nood muhfuggah muh dik?

Sorry if that's not quite right, I'm not especially fluent in Ebonics.

>this post making fun of northerners even though London is less white than fucking Chicago
Lmao

no bully pls. I say this as an actual immigrant from Newcastle.

youtube.com/watch?v=5UXnulANF8g

settle down, juanpedro

i hate London as much as the next guy but thats just simply untrue

Football basically came at a time when Rugby and Soccer weren't so far apart from each other. Distinctly different games, but they both sprung from the original sort of mob ball games. During the time that those sports were setting up their rules, several colleges in the New England area of the US and parts of Eastern Canada created an amalgam of the two sports. Kicking was a lot more pervasive in the early days of football before codified rules were set. Ultimately the addition of a set of downs, a line of scrimmage, and legal blocking helped change early American Football from a weird mix of sports to a more distinct game in its own right.

Some fun facts:
The first ever game of college football, between Rutgers and Princeton, was actually more like a giant game of soccer. These two schools and Columbia basically tried to make American Football into a game similar to Association Football, but Harvard refused. Their style of the game was a lot more akin to Rugby but still different, so they didn't attend the rules conference with the other schools. They called it "The Boston Game". They scheduled McGill University in Canada for two games because nobody else would play them in the US, and McGill introduced a lot of rules that made the game MUCH more similar to Rugby. McGill actually created an early version of the downs system. Harvard would end up playing a big game between Yale (called The Game) where the two schools agreed to join together their rules in a makeshift fashion. Walter Camp, the man who would go on to codify the first "modern" American Football rules, was in attendance for said game. For all intents and purposes, that singular game was the main reason why American Football ever became a thing.

in almost every anglo country now the main cities are loaded with all the foreigners and immigrants while the countryside is usually 90%+ white.

Americans count hispanics as white to inflate their numbers

I understand other countries shitposting about the migrants here, but the US shitposting about it is truly laughable.

Basketball

>this whole post

My nigga, why write all that shit? You think any of these UNICEF crisis country posters you're talking to can read all of that?

Weirdly enough it's always Americans complaining about post length whenever anyone writes over 100 words.

>UNICEF crisis country posters
meanwhile in America's 2nd city....

>anglels

>You think any of these UNICEF crisis country posters you're talking to

>pointing out where all the fruitpickers live

meanwhile let me rifle through the internet for the nicest parts of birmingham or manchester

>source: my prolapsed asshole

go ahead and i will cherrypick places in the US 100x worse, my body is ready.

Colonial Anglos are NOT white.

lol, that looks almost identical to the storage building that I pass on my way to school here everyday

people literally rent storage rooms for their stuff there and americans actually live inside those?

>nicest parts of Birmingham
Here, the mayor or Birmingham can show you them

t. im too lazy to do a simple wikipedia search
>memes aside, 56%

Fucking kek

>project street
kek

>filename

jesus fucking christ

hol up this is GTA

you lost your chance to make fun of that ever since that one mudslime did the same in new york city

such a pity, it was the only banter opportunity you had for a while against europeans and now it got taken away from you as well

make sure you know which way mecca is when your kids get their throats cut on your streetcorner cameras

We invented Basketball and basically invented hockey. also this

Sup Forums needs to go back to no flags where Australians would shitpost as Amerimutts and Yuros against each other.

You still haven't answered his question.

>A German provides unsolicted banter advice: Episode 27

lol triggered, i live in scotland, 96% white and growing, you on the other hand are a wobbly wall away from getting reconquista'd by carlos and co.

Pls have sex

Is that what burgers actually think? Jesus Christ.

>lol triggered, i live in scotland, 96% white and growing, you on the other hand are a wobbly wall away from getting reconquista'd by carlos and co.

what? which cooler sports Canada invented? I literally did...

An american was fat near me: Episode 56

You did not invent hockey. Ice-hockey, maybe.

abit of effort in your shitpost would have been nice..

Your dentist sighs everytime you walk into his office.

what part of montreal are you from, jacques?

>Ice-hockey, maybe.
Do I look like a fucking poo in loo? Of course I mean Ice hockey you dense mktherfucker.

The British attempted to spread cricket in the US, there were even some cricket clubs in the northeastern US (mainly around Philly), but Americans rejected the sport because it was too "British" and upper-class and because there was already another bat-and-ball sport developing, baseball. It became a popular game in Civil War military camps, was spread to PoWs on both sides, and the game just took off from there. But the British were able to successfully spread rugby to the US, albeit indirectly. The American northeastern upper classes, who played rugby in college, modified the rules of "rugby football" to the point that it was basically its own sport, which became known as just "football".

Football took a while to really get off the ground because of the wild popularity of baseball, but because such a huge percentage of America's elite watched/played it they funneled huge amounts of money into teams,that money kept the sport going through the Great Depression. Soccer, which was played by poor German/Italian immigrants, did not have that financial backing and died, partially thanks to WWI and WWII which pressured those immigrants to assimilate and prove they're real Americans . Eventually with the advent of tv and some modifications to football's rules to make it tv-friendly, including, and I am not joking, literal "tv timeouts" where you pause solely to go to commercial, football began to gradually overtake baseball and become our main sport.

TL;DR: Soccer was introduced to the US around the same time as everyone else, but just like Australia//Canada, other sports were already too well-established. And in the US, the Great Depression and the World Wars eliminated soccer.

dude, no one cares.

No one cares about furpuck though, it barely counts as a sport, like table-tennis.

>its an american trys his hand at banter and fails miserably episode #1395

That's the point, they didn't invent it to no one. They only forced their colonies to play cricket, Americans pretended to be edgy and changed it a bit and now play baseball

Football was just played by working class British migrants all over the world and it was good enough and people just wanted to play it

Burnaby. Although to be fair there is less english there than Montreal.
>79844680
no (you) for (you) you insecure foot fairy.

To be fair, it's hard with yous. When some one banter you with something about England you play the "lol I'm from Wales" card

I thought that maybe OP was actually curious about why soccer didn't catch on in the Dominions+the US, and I wanted to explain why the whole "teaching sports" thing doesn't really make sense. You can't force or un-force a cultural phenomenon like a sport. It's almost entirely out of the government's control.

Or maybe the simpler answer is that soccer thrives only in the third world.

Why say something that isn't true? Have you no respect for facts?

It must be incredibly boring growing up in a country that only plays one sport.