/éire/

Iropois abú edition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#The_Troubles:_RT.C3.89_and_Section_31_of_the_Broadcasting_Act
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for kill all Greeks.

Second for "There are never enough forts"
Hope you get well soon

Mayo are losing

>tfw Alexander expanded his borders and took the fort I built

>are never enough forts
What did he mean by this.

Alternative edition you may or may not want to consider.

>nazi flag
Sure to attract all the Sup Forumsacks to our thread.

Is it possible for non-whites to be Irish? Do you ever see blacks/Asians speaking with an Irish accent?

>map as OP image again

It's a great map though

It's not like it's the OP image, anyone who sees it will already be in the thread.

Not fond of my map of peace of cooperation being used to split threads desu.

You must be new here.

Aine Lawlor (and RTÉ by extension) is biased against SF, won't even let this man speak.
Prove me wrong.

>You must be new here
Nine months is a fairly short period of time alright I suppose.

>Aine Lawlor (and RTÉ by extension) is biased against SF, won't even let this man speak.
That's just common sense, not bias.

>Aine Lawlor
Who's that?

Not like they don't have form in that area.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship_in_the_Republic_of_Ireland#The_Troubles:_RT.C3.89_and_Section_31_of_the_Broadcasting_Act

>only 2 anti-boatposter posters
The state of them. More members than the ""NP"" have though I suppose.

>common sense to not let them speak
To be fair this guy seemed alright and was trying to be somewhat constructive, as opposed to the usual SF tactic of blaming the government for everything.

>Who's that
Presenter of a weekly political discussion show here.

>sf = ira
Wew, I'm in the IRA lads. Didn't know it was that easy to get in.

Think you're mixing the NP up with Identity Ireland

t. justin trudeau or whatever your mans name is

>not having the discussion from the old thread here
No wonder we are dying off. Stop being cunts.

I think it's true for either. I just had a look at their twitter and neither had over 2000 followers. We give them far too much attention here, they're complete non-entities.

It's just two lads stirring shit from two different sides of the argument about making new threads.

Leo, Micheál, Gerry.
Pick one to lead our glorious nation and show off Éire to the world.

Micheál, Leo and Gerry aren't even Irish

>just two lads stirring shit
To be fair I made one or two posts in there as well.
Very poor return on (You)s though, wouldn't recommend investing in it.

>aren't even Irish
What do you mean? Name a TD who is Irish.

That should be a full stop, not a comma. Obviously Micheál is Irish. One of those instances where punctuation makes the difference.

Leo is half Indian and Adams is British

>after people went on daily Dublin sperg rants against him
Or you know, it might just be because he is a normalfag and has done this before.

I think some people like to believe there's a serious far-right presence in the country. Whether they're far-right themselves and want to feel like their radical viewpoints might have a legitimate platform or some fear mongering liberals that think Ireland would become a dictatorship overnight if they didn't remind everyone about their existence.

>Adams is British
Even if he were, he is more loyal to Ireland than either of the other two and has done more to help Irish people.
Got rights for Gaels in NI, is giving a voice to working class people in many parts of Ireland now all the while Micheál was off breaking the country and leaving us with debt to pay off for decades.

Anyone looking forward to the new season of anime? Any stand out shows?

Love Live Sunshine S2

>Love Live Sunshine S2
Any non-meme anime you would recommend instead?

Darling in the Franxx is the only one I know of, and I'm not even sure is it next season.

Aren't they rebooting again?

Mayo lost

Yeah.
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou, Kino no Tabi and Pingu though I'm going to give a good few a try.

>going to give a good few a try
Intending to watch one episode or the normal three to sample it?

But Ireland is part of the "British isles".

Always preferred butter myself anyways.

>not both
It's like you don't enjoy cholesterol.

As a proud Atlantic Archipelagan I'm afraid I won't stand for such slander.

Hey, it's not my fault the name of your island group is named "british". But you are considered part of it whether you like it or not. What can I say? en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Isles

Dunno, I'll see how it goes.

But it isn't and that name isn't recognised here.

Well LL Sunshine S2 is what I'm hyped for. Looking at MAL, Just Because! and Animegataris catch my eye

Yeah there is a new group of idols. There was a game announced for next year the other day that will have them in it. I never actually played the games myself so if I have a decent phone then I think I'll start

The solution to the naming dispute is to build a land bridge from Ireland to mainland Europe. Then everyone will call us the Irish peninsula.

Think of how you would feel if Scandinavia was called Greater Denmark.

The only people who think it is are the cultureless who have been culturally infiltrated by the British...

Whether you're trolling or not heres the deal. Due to our history with Britain, this not recognised by anybody outside of nationalist British people.
Nobody in Ireland has or will ever consider ourselves part of the British Isles. Britain does not own Ireland.
If you were to visit Ireland and say these things you would be highly likely to be on the receiving end of physical assault.

Aengus MacGrianna seems to attract technical issues when he does the news.

>If you were to visit Ireland and say these things you would be highly likely to be on the receiving end of physical assault.
Hyperbole if I ever saw it

Another blooper?

You must look past the cultural and political aspect of it. Geographically you share the same island group which is inconveniently called "british isles". To me, when using the term, it is merely geographical, not cultural.

I agree that the name is not right, but what else are we supposed to call it? It is the name that is given to that island group. What do you guys call it when you group together those two islands?

Atlantic Archipelago. There is no official name, you can call it whatever you like. UK & Ireland is the most commonly used term here.

>Hyperbole if I ever saw it
Nah.

A minor one. They went to pre-recorded report but it cut out in two seconds and then they went back to Aengus while the audio was still playing. Then they went to a live report.
To be fair this one wasn't his fault.

>It is the name that is given to that island group
It's inaccurate.

There's no reason to give it a name. Corsica, Sardinia and Sicily aren't given any special group name.

>Atlantic Archipelago
But wouldn't that kind of imply that Iceland and faroes are part of that too?
How do you isolate only the "british isles" into a term that is neutral to your two cultures?

german nationalism is on the rise

One lad they interviewed on the news had a slight Hitler mustache.

Didnt even notice the womens football final was on

Hmm, but elsewhere we all call it the british isles. I'm sorry, but when people say "british isles" we all mean you guys as well. But if it makes you feel better then I could change the name to something else. Maybe "Britain & Ireland" ?

"British and Irish landscape" ? But would that offend the scots if they weren't singled out as well?

>But wouldn't that kind of imply that Iceland and faroes are part of that too?
No, we're on different continental shelves.

And you're wrong.

Its like calling Scandinavia Sweden

Love listening to a non Irish person try to preach to us about what Ireland is.
Highly offensive and rude desu.

Scotland is acknowledged under the name Britain. Ireland and Britain are geographical names for the two islands. If a Scottish person was offended then that probably means they think British = English which is wrong

>Love
I hate when people say this sarcastically. There's no way to say it without sounding overly smug.

Britain & Ireland or UK & Ireland is fine and the most commonly used terms for referencing both islands.

There's nothing wrong with being smug

Only if you're an anime girl. Ugly 3D people shouldn't be smug.

>Ugly
I can see why you're so opposed.

I know it is (kinda), but I'm not arguing that it make sense, I'm merely saying that the term is in fact used and that you guys are usually included to it.

Ok, that's nice to know.
I don't believe I'm wrong, I can show you the usage in my old history book from high school if you want? In it, I'm sure it will say "britiske ǿyer" and ireland will be included. It is ACTUALLY used as such, I'm not joking.

Impressive, wasn't expecting so many

Well, my old geographics book I should say. In the history book it won't.

>The Remerschen-Rathkeale skytrain
We can only dream

Don't quite understand why so many would go to the Women's football final this year. Sure, there's been a marketing blitz for it, but the quality of football is quite low considering that it's an all-Ireland final taking place in Croke Park.

We know the term exists we're just saying we don't like or use it.

Your geography book is wrong.

Back in a bit.

That's all I was saying. Was it so hard to meet me with that simple fact? Hehe.

Maybe last weeks final was so good a lot of people were in the mood for more football.

Doubtful, especially since the result left a bad taste in the mouths of non-Dubs.

im from dublin and its full of knackers

Thats the whole point you moron.

Who cares about any "point"? I'm just saying it's annoying and makes you sound cuntish.

I enjoy thinking about committing terrorist acts against brits in the name of /éire/. I'd fly a plane into westminister if I could get away with it.

I have passed your application onto Ard Rí Adams. We'll be in touch.

>Still being obsessed about brits 100 years later
move on

What's for dinner?

Take-away

cigarettes

What kind?

The Hellfish episode of Simpsons is on.

Any plans for next week lads or are you working/in university tomorrow?

I never liked how that episode ended.

>this time next week will be October

University. Can't be fucked getting the bus to Dublin tonight so I'll just skip tomorrow. Only 1 lecture anyway

Do you stay overnight in Dublin whilst attending?