PIT: Twins have talked to Bucs about Gerrit Cole
INT: New posting system in place; Otani coming
ATL: MLB confirms loss of Maitan, Coppolella ban
NYY: Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery
MIA: MIA/SF had 'deeper discussions' on Stanton
DET: Mets, Tigers discussing Ian Kinsler trade
PHI: Phillies DFA former No. 1 overall pick Appel
STL: Brewers showing interest in Lance Lynn
ARZ: Blue Jays a 'dark horse' for J.D. Martinez?
ATL: Jones among first-timers on HOF ballot
CHC: Report: Brewers showing interest in Arrieta
MIA: Cardinals make formal trade offer for Stanton

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/14456479/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2Xd8UKJYs
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlG35zuh0o
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CatriSF9ItU
forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2017/11/22/mlb-sets-record-for-revenues-in-2017-increasing-more-than-500-million-since-2015/#213d989d7880
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

This is Edgar, he's not feeling well since he fell out of a tree.

give ohtani

Please vote
strawpoll.me/14456479/

Haha fuck Atlanta

You guys are really letting me down

Injuns desu senpai!!!

Otani's coming to the Tribe

>shelling out 30m for an aging soon-to-regress outfielder

I really hope the Jays do not fucking do this

still waiting on Big Trade news (for you)

stone cold stove

>Barry JacksonVerified account
@flasportsbuzz
Following Following @flasportsbuzz
More
Some news: Fox Sports Florida has dropped Marlins TV play by play announcer Rich Waltz. Jeff Conine and Preston Wilson also dismissed.

so jeter is basically replacing everyone

what the fuck is wrong with purple? it's a great strong color

Martinez has been one of the best hitters in baseball over the last four years. Toronto had pretty good success with a couple guys well into their 30s with Bautista and Encarnacion.

Fuck you too buddy

The Braves are now Phillies, Mets and Marlins tier. They may as well award the NL East division title to the Nats for the next 5 seasons now.

Braves still have existing mlb level young core and second best farm system in baseball. We'll see.

>They may as well award the NL East division title to the Nats for the next 5 seasons now.
Let's see how WAS navigates their upcoming free agents over the next two off-seasons. Atlanta still has their drafted American players.

Bryce is a great player, but by no means are the Nats dead without him.

It's not just Bryce. That's why I said the next two off-seasons. Harper and Murphy are both up after 2018. Gio Gonzalez, too. Rendon and Roark are both up after 2019. Zimmerman could be as well if he isn't good enough for his option to be picked up. Without knowing who is staying and how potential internal replacements perform, you can't look so many seasons into the future.

How big was the upset of the Astros vs the Dodgers?

I think Murphy might stay. He's like that. Gio and Roark are good, but not great and are replaceable. Not sure about Rendon. I'd hate to lose him and I hope they resign him.
I figure Harper to be gone after next season. They only way he may stay is if they win the Series. And they throw a shitload of $$$$$$ at him. The money by itself probably won't be enough.

Better question, how upset are the Dodgers fans?

>I think Murphy might stay.
Okay. We don't know, though.
>Gio and Roark are good, but not great and are replaceable.
They've both got multiple elite seasons under their belt and a track record of being no worse than average at bottom. It's not typical to round out a rotation with that combination of stability and upside.

thats four years of great baseball on teams not named the Jays, just in time to lose his swing and hitting eyes in the dome, I'd rather wait and see if Lil Pomps can make it back to the bigs

hey I know that pinch runner

Whatever ends up happening I can guarantee you nobody is making these decisions with Dalton Pompey in mind.

Roark has more upside than Gio will have in 2 more seasons. I see them trying to resign him but not Gonzolez. Murphy wanted to stay in NY, but the Mets were too cheap to retain him. The Lerners will spend, but not overspend to keep him. Rizzo has proven to be a competent GM. I'll take my chances against the rest of the dumpster fires in the NL East. The only team I see rising from the ashes in the next couple seasons are the Phillies. The have some good young talent but need their pitching to develop in the worst way. The Mets are dead and will be dead for the foreseeable future. The only reason they didn't trade Thor last year was because he was hurt. He gets moved this year when they fail to contend and that should pretty much do it for the Mets until 2022. The Marlins are unloading talent and payroll and have a rookie ownership group with a new front office and the Braves have fucked themselves.

No chance Pompey has any impact this year
I too think this money could be spent elsewhere, stay away from Bruce as well.

Maybe move Pillar for anything, free up an outfield spot and see what happens. We have Teo still who could do well playing a full season with us.

Pompey is ded m8, he's never coming back

Wtf their commentators are the only reasons Marlins games were enjoyable

Explain this, Astro fags

His brother is getting taken in the early rounds of the draft next year.

>I too think this money could be spent elsewhere, stay away from Bruce as well.
You have to look at it in the context of Donaldson and Smoak potentially being free agents after the season.
>We have Teo still who could do well playing a full season with us.
You really have two corner OF spots to fill. Trading Pillar when he's still cheap seems counterproductive.

was it a fluke?

Which is what I mean about money spent wisely. We got Smoak resigned on the cheap and he played way above what anyone expected, he won't sign that cheap again.

With Donaldson, if they intend on being competitive next year and beyond (as in no retool/rebuild) they would be wise to extend Donaldson. Even on a shorter deal for both sides, letting him leave or get more money on what might be his last contract?

Signing guys like Martinez or Bruce seems silly, they won't have money to resign Donaldson/Smoak if they do one of these and why build around those guys instead of Donaldson/Smoak?

I'd be fine with an outfield of Carrera/Pillar and Hernandez.

What I would like the Jays to do is improve their middle infield options, when one or both of Tulo/Travis end up hurt again. Move Pearce or Morales for anything you can get too.

History says..yes. Not as bad of a second half as Saunders the year before but he was almost non-existent in the second half .

>I'd be fine with an outfield of Carrera
I tuned out

Well you lasted a whole two years

>Signing guys like Martinez or Bruce seems silly, they won't have money to resign Donaldson/Smoak if they do one of these
If they have already gauged what it would take to re-sign Smoak and Donaldson, that might be informing their interest in other players. To add, though, Toronto is a large market team with money and essentially an entire country to itself. Maybe they should start spending like it. They ought to be looking to bring in a hitter like Bruce or Martinez even if they are looking to retain Donaldson and Smoak.

That is on top of getting a credible infielder and a quality starter.

best fit for ohtani is objectively minnesota, they need a DH and pitcher, while mini meets ohtani's wants as well
yanks babbys step aside

nice one

wooh gotem

>Marlins and Fox Sports dropped Rich Waltz

This is fucking gay. BOY CAN'T WAIT TO GET SOMEBODY FROM THE YANKEES

Take Michael Kay..... PLEASE TAKE HIM

wtf I HATE the Marlins now

>winter meetings aren't for another 2+ weeks
The stove is frozen

Marlins who?

We Yankees now

Absolutely no chance Ohtani goes to the Yankees
They won't let him pitch and bat
He will go to some shitty team which will let him do that so he can prove he can do both

>some shitty team
He's goin to the Yankees boyz

I don't think anyone from the Yankees has come out and said anything definitive on the subject. They don't have anybody locked in at DH, either.

How do you wish Anthony Recker would celebrate Thanksgiving?

Let us give thanks for Anthony Recker.

MLB youtube page is posting a lot of highlights of skinny 1990-93 MVP Bonds.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=EU2Xd8UKJYs

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xMlG35zuh0o

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CatriSF9ItU

what about anthony recker?

>Let us give thanks for Anthony Recker.

How slyly plan to give thanks for him?

>Let us give thanks for Anthony Recker.

How do you plan to give thanks for him?

Why are we thankful for Anthony Recker?

Ohtani solves issues with DH if Morales sucks still, and gives the Jays an innings eating starter on the pitching days. He is still young enough to play position too. Its gonna be really fun seeing how any teams use him, since I know it wont be the Jays because it makes too much sense.

My wifes son is a big fan of Anthony Recker

>My wifes son is a big fan of Anthony Recker

Why? He’s not a notable player.

>if Morales sucks still
>if

>NYY: Aaron Judge undergoes shoulder surgery
when did MLB allow bionics?

What's his end game?

tfw barry will never make it to the HOF because of MUHHH STEROIDS

The GOAT

Meant for

did the Jays get Ohtani yet I just looked away from the computer for a moment

DG BTFO

Everyone says AL but I think NL is better. Ohtani is more valuable as a pitcher batting 5 or 6 than as a DH.

At least we're not as JUST tier as the braves

You mean the same braves that still have a great young core, a top 3 farm system, and a new GM that knows he needs to do something for the morale of the fans and team? Yeah I think we're in pretty good shape. Actually with AA getting the GM job and officially blocking it ever going to DM, he's already won MVP of the offseason. So suck it.

Step 1. Denial

The argument follows that the DH would let him bat on days when he isn't pitching without having to play 1B or the OF or wherever they play him in Japan. Of course then the AL team would have to decide if they want to give up the DH on days Otani pitches.

Exactly what part of my post was incorrect?

He's not entirely wrong. The Braves have an especially nice collection of pitchers in the minors and a big league lineup anchored by one of the best hitters in the game.

Step 2. Anger

Now if I tell you that I'm not at all angry and would genuinely like to hear your opinion you'll say I'm at the bargaining phase. You've got me in a corner here.

Maitan is the only good player the Barves lost. They'll be fine.

Voice of reason right here

Still in Step 2 I see

Except Minnesota has a strict "No Asians" policy after Nishioka and Park

It's ok, you'll move on to step 3 eventually

I saw a Braves fan die today in this very thread oaver the past 10 poasts

they can't let the stove stay this cold...

...can they?

Name MLB teams with a brighter future than the Dodgers

I can name 29.

What future do teams like the Marlins and Padres and Giants have?

They don't choke in the postseason.

not yet
give me your number and ill let you know as soon s they do

MARINERS!

Nope still here cunt

>baseball is dyi-

forbes.com/sites/maurybrown/2017/11/22/mlb-sets-record-for-revenues-in-2017-increasing-more-than-500-million-since-2015/#213d989d7880

How are the Giants favored to get Stanton?

he really likes what the bay area has to offer

Like what? A bright future? Are you serious?

The Red Sox and Cards and the Dodgers are much more immediate contenders than the Giants

>he really likes what the bay area has to offer

In what way?

> Like what?

>says he doesn't want to be part of a rebuild
>goes to a 98 loss team

>nobody would watch a Houston world series, just put the yankees in
they said