Overrated or underrated?

Overrated or underrated?

It's hard to say. He was all-star caliber when playing with MJ,and kinda shit when not. But he was kinda old then and most guys would struggle on shit teams.

I'd say he is properly rated for his era, but I don't think he would be very good in the modern NBA.

Pretty elite, especially defensively. He carried the bulls to the ECF both years Jordan was off playing luckswing.

This

Offensively he wasn't great. Jordan took like twice as many shots in the playoffs but still had a better FG% than Pippen

He was the best SF in jordan era, the defensive ace of the 80-90s bulls

underrated

time after jordan years is meaningless he destroyed his body playing defense

all the bulls games in full are on youtube by the way

Correctly rated

goat before his knees got broked. disappointing with the cavs i thought he could turn it around.

perfectly rated

>kinda shit when not.
He was the damn all-star MVP without jordan, and second runner up in the mvp race.

>nice dubs

And true, user has lost his marbles also wouldnt say pippen is under rated but him along with the rest of MJ's supporting cast are cometely overshadowed by Nike's relentless "JORDAN GOAT" campaign

They made MJ

underrated

>kinda shit when not
He led the Bulls to the 7th game of the ECF and was an all-star-level player with Portland and Rockets.

>kinda shit when not
literally led the whole team in every statistic when Jordan left and led the bulls to a 55 win season
>I'd say he is properly rated for his era, but I don't think he would be very good in the modern NBA.

retarded opinion

retard

>Offensively he wasn't great
He was like the SF version of Jason Kidd, great passer, ran the Bulls offense, and was a threat from the 3 and in transition.

Top 5 all time

Scottie was elite af, but I'm rolling for good ol' Horace

>threat from the 3
His career is 32% with 2.5 attempts.

He'd be Kawhi Leonard tier except better at passing and rebounding.

Underrated. He damn near made it back to finals and led his team in tons of categories without the best player of all time there to help.

Which means you still have to guard him, ergo he's a threat.
I never said he was a good 3 point shooter.

By that logic 90% of the NBA is technically a threat from 3

Are you retarded?

Pippen is not a good 3 point shooter. He was pretty decent for like 2 seasons but that's it. If shooting 32% from 3 makes you a threat then most players can be a threat

one of the best defenders to ever play the game, that alone makes him underrated.

Under by far.

What people forget because the next year's WCF overshadows all other refball in sports history is that the Lakers refhoop started the year before, when they ""eliminated"" the Pippen blazers who would clearly have gone on to win it.

It's the 90's mate. Shooting 30% from three back then was pretty okay.

League average in 96 was .367%, the highest in NBA history

Wildly underrated, a flawless defensive player and an amazing offensive one as well. Pippen is a top 5 defensive player all-time, and top 5 offensive players for forwards. The Nike business model of "Jordan did everything" has limited his reputation.

MJ wouldn't have won shit without Pippen

Pippen did a lot of dirty work always guarding the team's best player, rebounding, handling the ball and scoring on top of that.

Plus MJ was a piece of shit human being, in a lot of interviews former team mates actually saw Pippen as the leader/glue guy because MJ was just an asshole who was great at basketball.

>Guarding the best player
Not necessarily. Pippen didn't really guard the best wing player full time until around 96-97 when Jordan was getting old and needed to put everything into offence

He's the Nightmare King. Come to eat your dreams

Fpbp

Think Kawhi Leonard but with a better defense rebounding and passing, but with worse shooting

Overrated

if MJ weren't around nobody would talk about him. He'd be an average all-star, but nobody would remember him today like they do Barkley, Olajuwan, Malone, Shaq, etc.

>came in 3rd in MVP voting when MJ didn't play
underrated

decent but nowadays game he would be what Huestis is for OKC

Maybe that means they only shot 3s when open and didn't chuck 3s like in the 00s and now?

>muh chucking

suck my fucking dick you fucking retard

Underrated.

Look at what he did without jordan..
then look what jordan did without pippen...
Jordan was goat of his era,
Pippen in today's terms would be KD/Westbrook level.

woah strong point there, can't argue with that

You have no argument. Teams hit more 3s now because people are better at it, not just because they spam contested shots

He almost got the fucking Bulls to the finals, without Jordan. Almost got the Blazers, even though most of them were fucking headcases.

>Almost
woah, nice

One of the best two way players ever. But I don't believe he'd have been the player he was if he hadn't played with Jordan. MJ milked a lot of performance out of a bunch of scrubs that wouldn't have been shit on any other team. Let us not forget they won three rings with Luc Longley as their center and he was quite serviceable. Pippen wasn't the alpha team leader that Jordan was and he showed it when MJ was playing baseball.

t. Graduated HS in 2000 in Chicago and watched pretty much every bulls game from 1990-2000

>almost

>kinda shit when not
fuck off underage moron, he was top 3 in MVP voting the year MJ left and took the bulls seven games against the knicks in the playoffs. fucking brainwashed moron.

That was one year. Next year before MJ came back they were slightly over a .500 team

actually, it was the ECSF the first year hakeem won. the second year jordan was there and they lost the magic in the ECF. if you dont know shit, don't talk.

that's true and all but it's not like they automatically won when MJ came back either like the media would like it to seem.

They did go 14-3 once he came back.

and? they still made the ECSF when he left, they arguably should've won that series too if not for that phantom call.

look, I'm not saying jordan is not the GOAT(kareem tho), I'm just saying people love to throw shit at pippen when it's completely unwarranted, he could've led his own team and that playoff run was proof enough.

Going from 3 finals wins to a second round exit isn't that impressive to me
>Kareem
The guy who wasn't even the best player on the team for 4 of his 6 titles and was irrelevant when he didn't have 2 of the greatest passers in history feeding him?

and what did jordan do without pippen?

>going from 3 finals losses then still being competitive enough to go 7 games after your best player leaves isn't impressive

Not even 7 games in the finals
>what did Jordan do without pippen?
Not much, but you're comparing Jordan before his prime to Pippen in his prime

why are you trying to make me argue that pippen is better than jordan? literally no one on earth believes that.

>nz
oh shit you're that faggot baiter, you got me bro.

>kinda shit when not
>The absolute state of Jordan apologists

Scottie Pippen may have been second banana, but he's the greatest second banana of all time.

He's properly rated.

kobe > pippen
wade > pippen
kareem > pippen

>two-way player

Neither, he was simply overshadowed.

Not really, they were mostly too dumb to understand the value of the 3. I remember saying this as a kid. Offensive strategy in the 90s was comically bad