Post the nationalities you've been mistaken for by your looks/accent

> In Argentina
They thought I was Spaniard (accent), Brazilian and Argentinian (looks)
> In Peru
Argentina (looks)
> In Venezuela
Venezuelan (looks and accent)
> In the US of A
American (looks), Italian (looks), Latino (looks and accent)

I have never left this country

>In Japan
American (looks)

>In Europe
Treated me as a local

Turk
Spanish
German(dont know either)
Italian
Russian

>Dutch
I went to Amsterdam and native Dutch people asked me for directions in Dutch.
>Quebecois
I went to Montréal and native Quebec people asked me for directions.
>French
I went to Paris/Bordeaux and tourists asked me for directions in shitty French. I also went to St. Emilion and some elderly Frenchman asked me for directions and how to get to the townhall.

I helped them all but I don't what about me looks I might have a clue.

All whites look the same.

England often

French

apparently I look german

also

In England I was mistaken for an American, but that's understandable since Anglo Canadians generally sound the same

Northern Euros seem to encounter this quite a bit, no matter where they travel. It's actually a compliment. "Hey that smart, frindly looking white guys seems nice, lets go ask him"

american (when i was in america), spanish (when i was in france), french (when i was in france again)

:3

When i post my photos on Sup Forums, they always say i'm spanish or lebanese.
feels bad. :/

In America they thought we were Russians. I don't think Finnish sounds anything like slavic

>American (looks), Italian (looks), Latino (looks and accent)

Russian and Polish

Danish but that was probably because I was hanging out with one

I have heard and Italian saying she can't hear no difference in Finnish and Russian (I didn't get that tbqh)

Also I guess North-Russians look quite similar to us

>born as romanian
In Italy
-polish
-russian
-Italian (I don't have a foreign accent)

In Romania
-Italian (cause accent)
-Hungarian
-German
but mostly italian

I'm blond with blue eyes so people recognize me as a foreigner or non full italian

My parents got mistaken for "Serb beggars" when they visited Athens.

> I'm blond with blue eyes so people recognize me as a foreigner or non full italian
actually is because usually I don't tan so my skin is quite white (sometimes they call me mozzarella)

Have yet to visit a country where I'm not taken for a native. Mother is french so guess I got that meds and nordic mix which can be mistaken as both a light skinned Serb or just a nordic with dark complexity.

Been to Hungary, Serbia, France, Italy etc. and never been spoken english to once unless I start speaking. Never been outside Europe though.

An american on the internet tried to guess from what european country I was based on my look, he said like 30 countries before guessing Italy

>Greek
Serbian guy thought i was greek
>spaniard
In germany the security guy in ghe airport welcomed me and he asked me ig i was spaniard
>russian(?
Babushka asked me for direction in beautiful russian language
>italian
Turkish girl wanted the D
>argentinean
In argentina they didnt realise i was chilean until la wea time

German in Germany, a LOT of times

"White mexican"

I was mistaken for being Turkish once.

That's weird because Italian pronunciation is a lot closer to Finnish than it's to Russian.

>in sweden
swedish

>in Germany
some guy called me Spaghettifresser (famous insult for italians)
>France
multiple people thought I was French
>Netherlands and Belgium
see above

Americans all the time Tell me I have a British accent but non Americans always say I have an American accent

I'm 1/8th Indonesian, but people are never able to guess where I'm from, but I guess I look kinda med because when I'm in Spain everyone thinks I'm Spanish.
Brits sometimes mistake me for American, but thats's just my English accent.

>Spaghettifresser
my sides

Colombia
Spain
American¿?

>looks
Levantine
Mexican
>accent
British

pajeet
italian

am mexican

When I was in Italy I was asked if I was Italian. All I did was say "Grazie." I guess it was spot on

when growing up people thought I looked ukrainian.

now, british tourists think I'm british (looks aswell)

>Is New Zealander
>Mistaken for Irish, Russian, German, Swedish and Australia because of accent
>Mistaken for Scandavian or Russian for looks
But most people just assume I'm a white burgerboy

*I was asked

>looks
Balkan, Spaniard, French, Swiss (whatever that means)
>accent
American a couple times.

flag: usa

looks mistaken for: local, jewish (visited most of western EU)

accent mistaken for: Dutch, Belgian, English (in french)

accent never mistaken in english, everyone immediately knows it's an american accent

>In Latvia - Riga
People assumed i was a local, spoke both russian and latvian to me. Also tourists asked me for help and such
Probably based on looks and i was walking around with my then gf who was russian

I've got light brown hair, hazel eyes and decent beard

Sorry, I was talking about me.

>tfw pureblooded icelander
>told I look british/irish

t. Giovanni Blanco

In Spain, both locals and foreigners assume I'm a spaniard by the way they talk to me, but I'd say that's expected.
Aside from that, I've only been to the UK and the people either never assumed my nationality or I told them beforehand.

Been mistaken here for being Polish before and as a Russian in Russia

t. zydruanon

>t. zydruanon
wat, i have no clue what that means

I met some Costa Ricans while I was in Buenos Aires and at first I thought they were Colombian for their accent. One of them looked straight up scandinavian, light blonde, really pale and blue eyes. Also, I had a costa rican class mate and the accent was exactly the same except for the fact that we use "parce" and he would refer to us as "mae" all the time, lmao

Brever du ikke i /norgetråden/?

Polish in the UK several times, German in the Netherlands for some reason

sjeldent, da jeg har gjort det har jeg vært stavanger-user, ikke forveksle meg med han fra bryne

Åja, trodde du var en av de gutta i tråden som sikler etter slaviske jenter. Hvordan fikk du deg en russisk kjæreste?

haha nei, spesielt ikke den ene som har blitt spammet i flere måneder. Fikk det gjennom interpals

Er du han som er fast brever i interpals trådene? Har vært innom et par ganger men har aldri brevet selv.

ja brever en god del der. så å si daglig. men det er også 1 annen som brever daglig. uansett, vi skal ikke avskinne tråden her

Har fått med meg det.
>uansett, vi skal ikke avskinne tråden her
Greit nok.

ser ut som at dere har drept tråden likevel gutta

ah yes, the pura vida mae!.

>looks
in high school we had for some time a mother tongue teacher and at first look he thought I was english
also french by some student at uni some years ago

I've been mistaken for a Canadian (accent), a Finn and even a Russian (when speaking Dutch). Even in my own country, people sometimes assume I'm scandinavian because I have a scandi name and a gingery blonde beard.

A good friend of mine is 100% Dutch, but somehow swarthy enough to blend in almost anywhere from India to Thailand to Turkey to any med country. Must be some indo/spanish genes from somewhere far back in his lineage.

*english mother tongue, obviously

Everything in western europe

Mostly German and Russian everywhere

>chinese

I'm from this country and I get hispantic/romani/russian/arab/some euro places/ect
I'm part native

People think sometimes that I was from Spain or Greece

>In Ireland
they thoyught i was Brazilian (wtf)

>One of them looked straight up scandinavian, light blonde, really pale and blue eyes
Met a Brazilian girl for language exchange. It was kind of like a blinde date, didn't know what she looked like. A bit taller than me, blonde blue eyed, German family name. Compared to her I looked more Brazilian. Her family came from Germany in a German town but her generation couldn't speak German anymore

Literaly every single time I leave northern Europe, most people just assume I'm German before I even open my mouth.
In easten Europe people often even aproach me in German.
If some random gas station clerk in Hungary opens the conversation in German, I usually just flow with it as I happen to speak German at a conversational level. But usualy I will explain that I'm Norwegian if it becomes a relevant topic.

I'm blonde, blue eyed, and have typical Nordic facial traits. And when I say blonde I mean blonde even by Scandinavian standards, and then some. Far blonder than what could be considered common in Germany.

American

>be me: poo

> here
Arab, Persian, Pakistani, Italian, Spanish, "European"

> Europe
Italian, mostly.

> burgerstan
Italian/Latino/"middle eastern"

wew

>All countries
Japanese (looks and I also speak Japanese but with a dreadful accent and I'm not fluent)
Korean (looks)
Chinese (looks)
Philippines (looks)
EVERY FUCKING TIME

>in USA
I was confused by a Russian, by a guy from Kazakhstan. He heard me talking to other Brazilians in Portuguese and, well, I guess my paulista accent sounds like Russian. Huh.

>Be born to Spanish parents
>Everyone thinks I'm Filipino because of my last name
>I look nothing like a Filipino
Why are anglos so stupid. I am white!

>Far blonder than what could be considered common in Germany.
People still think in these aryan cliche

dark irish

Some other tourists mistook me for Italian based on looks I guess.
Based on accent I've been mistaken for American and English ;_;

Some koreans thought I was a god damn pirate on vacations in the costa del sol

>I went to Amsterdam and native Dutch people asked me for directions in Dutch.
This. It's the only one I can relate to. (Happens every time.) I think it's my height and ugly face :3

When I was in Italy I should add. I actually don't know they were tourists, they spoke in Italian but I assumed they weren't

a bunch of native canadians thought i was cherokee, and the RCMP stopped me once cuz they thought i was a native up to shit

i'm just mulatto though

>Based on accent I've been mistaken for American and English ;_;
Oh, some burgers thought I was Aussie ayy lmao

>everywhere
Argentine (everything), i don't know why the fuck people always think i'm from Argentina

Are you black?

>Germany
German (looks)
>Denmark
Danish (Looks)
>Norway
Norwegian (looks and not saying anything)
Danish (looks and i guess danish sounds kinda like dutch)
>Italy
German (looks, language)
>Spain
German (language, looks)

We are somewhat similar to russians in looks and character.

And yes i have also been thought as a Russian in france

>Hitler jugend poster boy looks
>Must be German XD
I have many friends that have the same experiences, and ironicly it would seem that the more Scandinavian you look, the more German you will be percieved as in southern and eastern Europe.

>In Hong Kong.
Everyone thought i was American from look and accent.

>In UK.
Thought i was french based on looks

>In Norway.
People think i'm Dutch or Austrian.

Pic related is ancestors in 1862

you guys are almost 50% celtic though so no wonder

kek
all the Norwegians thought i was Norwegian when i was there, and they all started speaking to me in Norwegian, i couldn't understand a word

didnt see accent but when i played mmos everything thought i was some white skater/surfer.

It was the language. To Americans all people look the same since they're all mongrols.
I've never mistaken as a Russin when travelling in Europe

Dutch and Norwegians is kind of similar. We had a lot of trade not only in the Hansa-period, but also when Frisia was a thing. It was kind unsettling to see people taller than me in Netherlands, i'm 1.95..

>japan
American
>USA
American

some moslem girl thought i was g*rman

I've had old German women ask me questions in German. They were quite exasperated when I told them I couldn't speak German.

>but I don't what about me looks I might have a clue.
Could you repeat that?

I've been told several times that I look Italian, unironically, also been called a jew a couple of times, by looks as well

Some Slovenians thought that I was a russian a while back when I was 4yo and on vacation in Montenegro because I was really blond
People mistake me for a russian even now quite often