Why do Americans take the Oscars seriously and worship celebrities?

why do Americans take the Oscars seriously and worship celebrities?

idk man... everyone also loves social media

they have no other culture

To distract themselves from their own shitty lives

We have a hyper-capitalist, consumerist culture which glorifies the rich, beautiful and famous as being the pinnacle of human achievement, demigods if you will.

They were all raised by teevee

it's a replacement for the aristocracy.

lmao

These, no more no less.

this. shit reality is depressing.

>We have
>culture

the imbeciles need idols.

We don't really though. Most people take the Superbowl far more seriously which isn't particularly better.

no one gives a shit about the oscars

we just don't want the niggers to get too uppity about this kind of shit

>someone wins a statue for saying some dialogue
>people give a shit

i don't get it either

>we just don't want the niggers to get too uppity about this kind of shit

so then you care enough for your autistic race wars

no, i just don't want niggers to think they are worth anything

They are the only nation that takes even art contests seriously. Because, you know, everything is a competition.

Soon comrade.

god is dead and they need something to fill the void

called everyone who watched the oscars c u c ks and they got mad in that oscar thread

literally rich folk patting each other on the back and you peasants watching lmao

They are our "Royalty"

You dont just disrespect real amUHrican heroes like that bruh

I don't know anymore.
too many prescription drugs probably, I'm not even joking

>mfw literally every musical act for the past 60 years was inspired by the Delta Blues

>insults niggers
>posts fat asses

you are the real nigger here

mfw modern western music finds its roots in europe

All american music either has it's roots in Europe or negro culture lmao

Remember when the stereotype was that actors are just dumb pretty people?

I was just about to add the africa part. thanks user

Why do autists on Sup Forums constantly complain about the Oscars? Whether it be the movie they wanted not winning, or to show how much they don't care.

Because we don't have royal family or absolute dictator to worship, and most people are too stupid too live without that.

>Oscar-winning duo Joel and Ethan Coen let out matching bemused groans at the mention of the hot-button #OscarsSoWhite controversy: "That’s assigning way too much importance to the awards. By making such a big deal, you’re assuming that these things really matter. I don’t think they even matter much from an economic point of view,” he continued. “So yes, it’s true—and it’s also true that it’s escalating the whole subject to a level it doesn’t actually deserve.”

>I asked the Coens to respond to criticisms that there aren’t more minority characters in the film. In other words, why is #HailCaesarSoWhite? “You don’t sit down and write a story and say, ‘I’m going to write a story that involves four black people, three Jews, and a dog,’—right? That’s not how stories get written. If you don’t understand that, you don’t understand anything about how stories get written and you don’t realize that the question you’re asking is idiotic

Why are they so based?

>soo sahd skwad wins an Oscar
>people still take the Oscar seriously