The Boys cinematic universe when?

The Boys cinematic universe when?

Marshal Law would be better, if you just want to see super heroes get killed.

I'm not that well versed in comics but I'm trying to get into it.

Is the boys worth reading unironically?

If you're used to edge

Try hard edgy
It's ok for the first 10 issues, but it gets boring real fast

>edge: the comic

Sounds like someone who's only seen some key panels rather than actually reading the series.

If you've read anything else by Garth Ennis and liked it, then of course. If you've never heard of him, I'd still recommend the series, but it's a somewhat polarizing one. I've seen plenty of posts on Sup Forums where people said they stopped reading after the first few issues just because of how mean-spirited it is when it starts off, but it really does get better.

Who would play Billy, though?

As everyone already said, it's pretty edgy, but a fresh take to superheroes nonetheless (if adapted in movie/serie). I would definitely watch it if done well.

Maybe Collin Farrel if he's bulking a bit for the role.

Scratch that about Collin Farrel, Ray Stevenson is where it's at.

I like The Boys well enough and I love Ennis to bits but I'd much rather have a Planetary movie, if we're going for superhero deconstructions. I think it would go much better in movie form. They'd both be asking for lawsuits, though.

>Still no Authority Movie by Zack Snyder
It makes so much sense.

Too much gay for closeted Snyder.

>there will never be a Worm movie/TV series

kys nazi kuk
or get ready to die for old rich whitey
fucking amerikuk

>I would definitely watch it if done well.

Well it's being adapted into a series by Seth Rogen, so no worries there right?

Who would play Simon Pegg though?

It's a pretty fun read if you just learn to ride the edge.

>The assholes who suck WB's dick exist outside of that terrible IRC shithole

Worm became a dumpster fire post Timeskip and you know it

It's pretty much how it would be if there were these gods running around. It adds that crucial component missing to traditional cape stories: the deviant sex

I agree with the spoiler but I still liked the story in its entirety despite its (sometimes major) flaws and wouldn't mind it getting an adaptation into a visual medium.

Yeah.

It starts kinda edgy being mostly about making fun of superhero comics, and there's a bit of that peppered all the way to the end. But soon a bigger plot kicks and that gets pretty good. There's some amazing jaw-dropping moments in the series. Not plot twists or anything, just scenes that are pulled off perfectly.

It would work better as a TV series.

The Preacher series was pretty decent.

What worries me is that an adaptation will get stuck at the "lol superheroes are a joke" level. I doubt someone in hollywood actually wants to make a movie about the folly of a military industrial complex.

This. Throw it at any major hollywood producer and their takeaway would be "Lol, Superheroes? Hehe, LAME. Look at these European bouncers wearing all black beating on Superman lol. Isn't this cooler?"

Trump is president now, so the left can be against war once again. It wouldn't be too hard to twist the plot into "insane republicans want to murder brown people".

The best part about the Boys are FACTUALLY the parts about male friendship and macho culture.

The cape stuff was the weaker parts.

This is true of a lot Ennis' work. Hitman, Preacher, even some parts of his Hellblazer run had really good stories about male friendship.
For a guy famous for his over the top gory silliness, he can craft pretty good character moments.

>without women men are just boys
Kino title drop

>Trump is president now
Not mine, tho.

Trump rules the World.
Get use to it.

First issue has not-Supergirl sucking off not-Superman and not-Flash to join not-JLA. DC dropped the title shortly afterwards.

It's pretty ridiculous but kind of fun and sometimes very good serious satire.

X-men are portrayed as some weird cult thing where they fuck underage heroes and indoctrinate them into their group.

and it ends with them being loaded into a cargo container and dropped into the ocean

IIRC

Yeah because they were such a PR disaster and black mailing their company that Vought had to eliminate them before the situation imploded.

That was a badass moment, though, when VA just straight up murders all the not-Xmen, then the VA guy walks up to Butcher. "Just so you know, we can clean up our own shit."

Funny that despite the Vought guy being so competent compared to everyone else in the company his life's work will just be remembered as just another Vought fuckup footnote.

Honestly, I still can't figure him out. He's obviously not in it for the money (though he doesn't mind the high-class expenses) nor for a sense of personal victory (all his maneuvering makes it clear he prefers working from behind the scenes, nobody knowing who he is or what he does). All he ever did, from getting the G-men killed to setting up that girl at the end, was just to protect the Vought brand, which isn't even his. At the end Vought continues, and he's still in the company (though so buried in the organization he's not even on the books), and literally the only thing that ever shakes him is realizing that superheroes on their own are "bad product", and he's stuck with them.

to setting up that girl at the end
I don't remember that part, what was that about?

>character is a French stereotype
>his "French" is literally google translated English
BRAVO ENNUS

Same with Nazi Superman.
Shit like that always triggers me to no end.

He was grooming a woman to be his fill in for dealing with superheroes while he focused more on ensuring Vought got a president in the White house. In the end she was just a scapegoat in case Vought ever needed to sacrifice someone to protect the company.

He's nazi thor

In order not to be completely consumed by autism-induced rage, I just convinced myself it was a way of showing he wasn't actually French but just pretending. (Which makes him even more pointless as a character)
I haven't read the whole series because 90s manchild fedora edge makes me want to kms myself, so please don't tell me they give proof he's actually French at some point.

Who would be Vic the Veep?

He's a fucking joke, his backstory involves baguette jousting on french bicycles.

I still wonder if Ennis could even write a French character if his life depended on it, American education system and all that.

French people who speak French or English *with a french accent* are always comic relief in the Ennisverse.

That said, The Frenchman had some moments too.

As a Frog I'm triggered he doesn't even bother to go beyond literal word-for-word English to French translation

just like the x men movies

It's not a priority.

Ennis is Irish.

yeh

Ennis is the good kind of edge. Rape/poop joke on one page, and then an emotional gut punch on the next. Ennis is the full spectrum of "locker room talk." Everything from "I fucked your sister" to "the doctor gave me three months and I haven't told my wife yet."

cast The Female

garry shandling

Ennis is Irish, m8. His ridiculous french characters (Frenchie, Jean de Baton Baton, the french horse thief from Preacher) are most likely deliberate.

My dream cast from years ago:

Hughie: Simon Pegg
Frenchie: Vincent Cassel
The Female: Devon Aoki
MM: Idris Elba
Butcher (and this was one my left-field choice): Clive Owen

Simon Pegg

Alec Baldwin

That's Hughie, you cheeky cunt.

Bretty good, user

Ennis is a GOAT capeshit writer. His stuff is 99% pure gold if you ride with the edge

Ennis is literally the Seth Rogen of comic books.

>Mark millar is the seth rogen of comic books
FTFY

Not as edgy as Supergod, but how does it compare to Irredeemable?

This shit was embarrassingly bad. Probably the worst Ennis comic after Crossed.

See Ennis loves his gore and dick jokes, but when he's good, he's one of the best writers in comics.

dude what if all superheroes were gross and evil lmao

It's fun if you can tolerate the edginess and occasional author rants. It helps that the MC is a fish-out-of-water, he acts as a foil to another main character, who is basically a superpowered Punisher if Punisher was a huge dick. But it works out.

M8 Frenchie is probably not even French, I mean his backstory has some weird as fuck baguette jousting tournament, he's just a nutcase.