Why do women hold separate chess tournaments? it's not a physical competition

why do women hold separate chess tournaments? it's not a physical competition.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Scrabble_Championship
youtu.be/8lCKeDl0l9c
youtu.be/R5X9lENC4jQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Should I learn chess or billiards?

lol

Patriarchy

Wait is Chess seriously split between men and women? Is this real?

How come we never hear of the exploits of great women grandmasters?

What a misogynist pig. Hope they fire him from his job and never let him compete in chess again. Ugh

>Wait is Chess seriously split between men and women? Is this real?
Yes.

>How come we never hear of the exploits of great women grandmasters?
Because there are like two.

I have been playing chess throughout school and university, and girls have always sucked at it. Never met one who could play well.

Omfg it's actually true,wimen have separate tard chess tournaments
Quick, someone post a fucking tumblr whale comment bitching about this

Woman logic: the Queen is the most powerful piece in chess, therefore women are suited to play chess.

there are women only tournaments and open tournaments, there are no men only tournaments. The only woman who ever seriously competed in open tournaments was Judit Polgar. She was a very strong player, no other woman to my knowledge has ever really been able to compete with top tier male gms like she did. You hear nothing about women GMs because most of them stick to womens only tournaments because they know they have next to no shot at winning prize money from open tournaments.

One thousand golden Keks

And they are still allowed to play in men's tournaments, the vast majority just choose to be in female only competitions

Why are chess grandmasters so fucking based?

post a link or gtfo

>Wait is Chess seriously split between men and women? Is this real?

it's split in a way that both genders can play in regular tournaments but they hold women only tournaments on the side

so women actually can compete with men, they just aren't very successful at it

>Never met one who could play well.
I beat my ex boyfriend a couple of times. But I know one of the times he let me win, because didn't get angry afterwards.
But no, men are better at chess and logical thinking, I think.

Because all the men screamed and bitched when the women wanted to play chess with them.

While he is right that they are less adequate at playing chess due to biology, he shows his ignorance and sense of self-worth by saying they arent smart enough for it.

Several studies have shown chess play ability has nothing to do with logic, or intellect, the area of the brain that lights up when someone is playing is sense of spatial orientation.

Men were hunters, not women, women have lower spatial awareness than men, thus the driving, and in this case, chess.
A computer program can beat any grandmaster in chess, is the computer "smart"? no. It has a better pathfinding algorythm.

If you are going to diss on women, thats fine, but at least make an intelligent and informed point, not this idiotic banter.

Queen may be most powerful, but its not most important. In fact, the queen is often sacrificed to achieve victory.

The men don't do much better at that course.

too busy mastering logic and forward thinking to sit and stew in online bullshit

lol

An intelligent person would be able to overcome a slight disadvantage in spacial awareness, wouldn't you think?

No they didn't, women are the ones who whined when they got their asses handed to them. The highest rated woman of all time isn't even in the top 20 male rankings.

It's the most important offensive piece in the game. Lots of pieces are sacrificed. But if you're cavalier with your queen you're a fucking dope.

Wasn't the "queen" like a vizier or something before chess came to Europe

The idea being that the piece runs all over the place doing stuff for the king

I had a draw against one of the top 100 women in chess. But chess is a dumb game that is 90% memorization. Weiqi is much more difficult.

that's because not enough women play it, as it's a highly male dominated field filled with toxism so it's very hard for women to enter it and thus fewer females play it and it's logical that then there would be less top female players

>men play chess with logic and calculation
>women protect the queen and sacrefice the cis-king, because male privilege
makes sense

Yeah, shit, let's not forget how much better men are at Starcraft too. Fucking Candy Crush champion is prolly a girl tho.

Men and women are cognitively different too.

You fundamentally misunderstand how intelligence works if you're asking that question. There are different varieties of intelligence, including verbal, spatial, logic/reasoning, memory, social, etc. If I have good logic and reasoning, that won't make me any better at learning a language if my verbal IQ is shit. Some peoples' brains are just hardwired differently, and they excel at different things. Women tend to have less visual-spatial proficiency than men on the whole, so tasks requiring that sort of reasoning will be harder for them than for men.

Cleavage is distracting

Most based grandmaster since Bobby Fischer

So they can have champions. If all chess tournaments were coed, women would never win again.

Slow down there, full autist. It's the dailymail reporting, and the only part that's in quotation marks is the bit that says, "hard-wired very differently and weren't as adept at playing chess as men," which is precisely what you've said.

What a fucking shit lord I hope his grand master titles gets removed and that he is banned from any chess competition.

Chess grandmasters are notorious for being redpilled desu.

no. You can't just patch over that sort of thing by really really wanting it.

Nigel Short's current Elo rating is higher than every female player on earth.

Another autistic STEM nerd who doesn't understand the real world.

Lol there's a video of men doing the exact same course and they're all going around 5 times faster

>exceling at different things
>less visual-spatial proficiency
>tasks requiring that sort of reasoning will be harder

We get it, you want to come up with a politically correct way to call women dumb. You don't have to do that here, this is a safe space.

and how many men's elo is less than the top female huh?

A

Fucking

Clearly these women should challenge him to a game of chess that will be live streamed with chat for all to see.

>not smart enough
that's what the article said to clickbait not him.

Sup Forums BTFO

Apologize.

Not necessarily. Again, area of the brain used is for spatial awareness and orientation, mixed with memory (recalling previous situations/plays etc). Its about path finding

Playing chess helps develop spatial skills as well, I quite enjoy chess, don't get me wrong, but what we could observe is that its not about smarts, but orientation.

womyn BTFO

but seriously though, to enjoy chess you must be autistic, and only men have enough autism to enjoy it, and this comes from someone who really admires chess as a strategy game

This. There's no quote in the article where he says that men are "smarter" than women. That's the author editorializing.

Here's something he ACTUALLY said:
>‘Furthermore, I never said women have inferior brains. That is your crude and false attempt to caricature me.’

>That can't be true, because I feel bad about it. I insist I am a logical person!

Nice anecdotal evidence, faggot.

emotion and logic go hand in hand, and lets face it, women are more emotionally intelligent, but that doesnt mean they are less logically intelligent than men

Aww, I thought I had one of his DVDs, but mine's from Nigel Davies.

Lots of Nigies in chess

Thanks nigger

kek just fuck off
you have no power here

Don't women have higher elo or some such?

Women are generally mentally inferior. Everyone knows this

Emotionally/socially intelligent is literally made up bullshit to make chads and women not feel so bad about being stupid. Being a hysterical manipulative crying sack of shit doesn't make you "emotionally intelliegnt".

He never once said women weren't smart enough. He said women think differently to men. Literally the exact same as you.

Try having some reading comprehension if you are going to act like a autist.

Women are better at certain tasks too.

I wouldn't expect a man to do very well in a pofessional level women's scrabble tournament, for example.

leaf..

>fat ugly old men
>having opinions

If you're not aestethic you have no reason to have opinions. You're nothing but a degenerate.

kek apparently shortly after saing that he got knocked out of a tournament against some chink chick

m'lady

>men are better at chess so they're the better gender.

lol. stay mad wannabe ER's

thanks you for this, sweet Hong Kong!

Kind of like how IQ is spread out for men, having some really dumb ones but also really smart ones, whereas it's mostly around the average for women.

Chess is fucking boring just like every other perfect information strategy game.

It sucks for gambling because the inferior player gets raped too hard to have the illusion of not being a donor, sucks as a spectator sport because tournament jews insist on unwatchable time controls.

Hidden info games offer endless levels of mind games (none of which exists in chess - you in fact don't need to consider your opponents mind, plan or perspective at all) and dank strats. They are the future.

>Don't women have higher elo or some such?
On average or at the highest level? In either case the answer is no, but I'm curious which erroneous idea you were aiming for.

I recently attended the London Open chess tournament; women could attend for free, where as men had to pay £100 for the full month. When I got there there wasn't a single fucking female in the audience. FIDE - the World Chess Federation - do everything feasibly possible to attract women in to the 'sport', but they're simply not interested. Personally, I don't mind the fact that women are not good at chess or that their brains aren't wired for logical thinking. What irks me is how this blatantly obvious inherent gender disparity gets wrapped up in a load of egalitarian bullshit about oppression and the patriarchy. As if the patriarchy is preventing women from purchasing a £5 chess set and learning the game

judit polgar was pretty good and hou yifan is getting better. they are the only women who have consistently competed with top male players which I think is a necessity to improve beyond a certain point. all the other chicks are stuck at 2500 elo and will remain so until ratings inflate further.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Scrabble_Championship
Yeah I'm pretty sure they're all men.

Get drunk already, slut.

It was in persian "فرزین" (ferzin) and it still is in russian: "фepзь".

Actually its because women tend to have average intelligence while men are spread across the spectrum of intelligence.

But the problem here is that for years women have mocked men about not being able to multitask as well but the second someone says that men and women are wired differently in a way that isn't in their favour they get on their soap boxes and complain.

bobby fischer is truly a honorary aryan

lol it's you. Going to bed now. But if you see a danish flag on /soc/ once, you'll know.

Read up on just how fucking bad estrogen can fuck with the brain.

Birth control's a helluva drug.

A man would get rekt at a women's tournament because he's not allowed to enter. Checkmate!

Chess champions have always been based, Bobby Fischer went deep into the Red Pill and even named the jew.

Is just memepost lad. Still, women do seem vastly more prone to irrationality. Almost every woman I know believes in ghosts, spirits, paranormal, astrology, magic stones, etc. Most seem to really lack intellectual curiosity about the world. Then there's the top tier, women who are intelligent enough to be worth a damn, but they lack the man's proneness to obsession and stubborn determination. They're plenty successful in life, well read, cultured, have informed opinions, but they just don't have it in them to dedicate their lives to something like that. That isn't a bad thing on an individual level, but at the same time, the world needs men tinkering in sheds, practicing, honing.

I mean, it's the same reason competetive videogames are all male. Chess isn't all that different (in terms of commitment to learn and strategic, logical thinking) to an RTS game like Age of Empires. The OP is right (though the logic statement was a bad and unnecessary turn of phrase - indicative of a life spent learning chess, not developing social skills).

fuck off lolcow

Thats surprising. Women pretty consistently do better on verbal reasoning and language tests. Is it just being washed out by higher male varience?

You seem like someone who thinks they're smart, but in reality is trying way too hard because you realize you'll never actually be smart.

you are not talking to a lad, you are talking to a woman

Why the fuck are Estonians trying to become the Leafs of Baltics?

SHITSKIN

Have you ever played chess in tournaments? Getting into your opponent's head and attempting to discomfort them with your plays is huge. Grandmasters fucking study each other and their entire game histories and may even give up slight theoretical confessions to get a position the opponent has trouble handling.

You're either retarded or a woman.

youtu.be/8lCKeDl0l9c

youtu.be/R5X9lENC4jQ

>Women pretty consistently do better on verbal reasoning and language tests.
If you're talking about in schools that's usually because of teacher bias against the boys.

Probably that and males being biologically much more competitive at least.

I mean some studies say that women have slightly higher average IQ which might be true but there are still much more male geniuses. Hell, there are much more great male hairdressers even though they're, how do they say, under-represented.

are you using a proxy or is it tartu indoctorination in action?

sure thing roastie

enjoy never displaying critical thought