Chazelle refuses to give La La Land a WH screening

>"I wouldn't feel comfortable showing the movie (at the White House)," he tells British newspaper The Times. "Ewww. God. Just thinking about Donald Trump in the White House. I can't believe what's happened to us..."

>"They (musicals) are a counterpoint, but even the most fantastical musicals are saying something about where humanity is at that time," he says. "What La La Land is trying to say is that it doesn't matter if your dreams come true or not, but the act of chasing them is beautiful. I certainly couldn't have conceived the world would would be as shitty as it is now when I wrote it."

He's right, y'know.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4XHW5Q4gU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ddvk4aWNS50
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>loses best picture

TRUMP WINS AGAIN

>It's about chasing your dreams and how beautiful that is
>BUT THAT MAN WHO CHASED THE BIGGEST DREAM OF ALL AND SUCCEEDED IS SCUM I HATE HIM HE DOESN'T REPRESENT LA LA LAND
hmm

He's the youngest Best Director Oscar winner though...

no one cares

oscars are meaningless

boy, am I not tired of celebrities using Drumpf as a virtue signalling vehicle.

He won best director though, and it's not like Barry Jenkins is a Trump supporter either

"Meme magic" isn't real, trumpkin.

>"What La La Land is trying to say is that it doesn't matter if your dreams come true or not, but the act of chasing them is beautiful.
Yeah, it sounds like a Hillary movie

I wonder if Barry Jenkins would

>Makes a movie about White people saving Jazz
>Thinks hes progressive

Kek

Jesus Christ, why are all writers and directors such beta males? Are there literally any other alpha filmmakers aside from Mel whose political views aren't retarded?

>>wee trump boners
LMAO

At the end of these four years I doubt I will ever be able to watch movies other than capeshit ever again considering how these "people" behave

>It's about chasing your dreams and how beautiful that is
Not to mention it glorifies the horrible beast that is the hollywood dream

>Implying Trump would actually watch a musical

Someone post the interview with Trump talking about Bloodsport.

>make film that gives hollywood a rusty trombone
>win awards
colour me surprised

>four

[citation needed]

>implying Trump gives a single fuck about Hollywood except for trolling left-wing snowflakes on twitter

Why isn't the eagle trying to attack him in the picture?

Do you think they can get the impeachment rolling before then?

When will these childish idiots realize that they should shut the fuck up about politics if they don't know the first thing about it?

Yes, absolutely. I would be utterly shocked if he lasted 2 years, unless he has a serious change of heart, headspace, and understanding of his power

I hope you go first Sup Forums.

>Trump
>Bloodsport

youtube.com/watch?v=dQ4XHW5Q4gU

He has better taste.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ddvk4aWNS50

Are you seriously trying to say their opinions have any merit? They're clueless idiots who go with the popular opinion like cattle.

I wouldn't wanna interact with Trump in any way either. Dude's a fucking imbecile.
Good on the guy for not showing his work he's proud of to that orange retard.

>Trump
>impeached

nice try

>Oscars matter

Whatever helps you sleep at night you embarrassing little spastic ;-D

Yeah unless you're in the industry. Good luck getting a movie deal when the guy sitting next to you has an oscar (or God forbid two).

>t. Pic related

Would be okay with it.

That way we unleash the left nightmare President Mike Pence.

If that's what you got out of my comment you should be aware that there is a very high likelihood that you're mentally deficient.

it's either bait or reddit, stop giving them (you)s

You mean like the guy who hosted that reality tv show? Yeah me too lmfaorn.

Loser Loser Land is probably not anything that anyone in the WH wants to see.

Why did you black his personal info?

Are you a nu-male as well?

Clint
> When Matt Damon once asked him for a second take, Eastwood said, "Why, so you can waste everybody's time?"

Once Trump goes against the Republican establishment, he's as good as dead.

That's a cool look, wish I had the balls to pull something like this off.

In my defense I'm drunk. But you're right.

>You know that thing i wasn't invited to do, i wouldn't do it

MAXIMUM VIRTUE SIGNAL

No problem. Mike Pence will fuck libs 10 times.

>would refuse an invitation to screen his movie at the White House
>wasnt invited, but if he was...
>Trump never invited this person to the white house and definitely never invited him to screen his movie

In other news, Moonlight will not be screened at the white house even if Trump invited him!

Trump is too busy working to watch your bullshit liberal propaganda

Doubt he'll accomplish much before 2020 pushes his shit in.

You sure proved me wrong.

See

>I certainly couldn't have conceived the world would would be as shitty as it is now when I wrote it."
Why? People can still go to jazz clubs and be failed actresses.

>can't even inspect element to get the font right

can alt-righters do anything except complain?

so that explains last night

17645318456D chess checkmates lolberals xDD

>I can't defend myself so I'm going to call you stupid
KEK

>Why, so you can waste everyone's time?

So I guess being an alpha in your eyes is just being a rude asshole for no reason?

>My dream is to prevent many others from achieving their dreams.
There's your problem. Trump broke the whole paradigm.

If you think that there is anything to defend here, reread that post, it applies even more so.

>Are there literally any other alpha filmmakers aside from Mel whose political views aren't retarded?
Zack "Kino" Snyder

If your dream is against the law, then you're the cunt, not Trump.

>By assigning to his son the task of fast-forwarding through all the plot exposition — Trump’s goal being “to get this two-hour movie down to forty-five minutes” — he eliminated any lulls between the nose hammering, kidney tenderizing, and shin whacking. When a beefy bad guy who was about to squish a normal-sized good guy received a crippling blow to the scrotum, I laughed. “Admit it, you’re laughing!” Trump shouted. “You want to write that Donald Trump was loving this ridiculous Jean Claude Van Damme movie, but are you willing to put in there that you were loving it, too?”

he's a jew

you can kill alotta gays before 2020 m8

>he actually thinks the Democrats are still relevant and will still exist as a party after 2018 midterms

vote

gosh darn those alt-righters only in murrica can sumin like that happen

Having a dream that involves breaking the law only means you get to experience the dream of getting deported into a desert, Estebon.

Have you guys been outside of Sup Forums? Go onto twitter and look at all the little 15-17yr olds that post about fucking Sup Forums threads.

>this twat thinks record voter turnouts won't occur since DNC legit lost 2016 due to stupid electoral college nonsense

Enjoy your final days Red ;)

That explains why that was his worst movie.

Haha you just wait till more voter ID laws come up. Bye bye spics.

Has vote fraud ever actually been proven to play a significant factor in elections?

>man how come when I post dank ironic memes and act like a teenager I attract real teenagers who like to post dank ironic memes

Trump isn't intelligent enough to appreciate La La Land anyway

Nope.

In CA it has at least

Texas, Michigan, California.

Regardless, only a retarded nation wouldn't enact voter ID laws. Even cucked Euronations all have voter ID laws.

If you say so underage faggot.

>Texas, Michigan, California.
Sauce?

>Regardless, only a retarded nation wouldn't enact voter ID laws. Even cucked Euronations all have voter ID laws.
Irrelevant. We're discussing how proposed voter ID laws will result in a Republican congressional sweep.

>DON'T MAKE SENSIBLE LAWS BECAUSE THEN WE'LL KEEP LOSING
If you actively need to restrict Voter ID laws to stay relevant, then your party is a fucking disaster.

>suddenly Sup Forums hates La La Land and likes Moonlight

He is a manchildren, he gets job trough his wife

>Sup Forums is the most accessible board and attracts the lowest common denominator
>Sup Forums is the most Sup Forums infested board
really made me think

>he's on Sup Forums
really grade C stink

What are you talking about?

Bet ya Baron will just torrent it. He's good at computers.

after going through the standard "alt-right edgy kid phase" Sup Forums has finally grown up and become alt-left

whitey movie bad minority movie good

>Sup Forums is the most Sup Forums infested board
HHAHAHA yeah fucking right have literal faggots posting Sup Forums threads everywhere