Anxiety Disorders, Real or Marketing Scheme?

So I was recently diagnosed with generalized anxiety. Obviously they want me to take medication. It just feels so cucked, is this even real? It feels real in the moment, but is medication the answer? Also anyone else had any experiences on how to get over this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

calmclinic.com/brief-history-of-anxiety
journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001875
cchrint.org/school-shooters/
psychologytoday.com/blog/abcs-child-psychiatry/201509/antidepressants-and-violence-link-in-search-cause
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Remember how everyone had ADD or ADHD about a decade ago? Now everyone has autism.

What do you think, OP?

I guess my main question is why does it feel real.
I think the medication is a meme, but is the disorder a legitimate thing?

Anxiety is the number one cause of death in America

Anti-anxiety meds are absolutely the worst thing science has ever created.

Specifically SSRI's. They will turn you into a serial killer/mass murderer. Not the tumblr kind, either, I mean a legit Columbine/Oklahoma City style psychopath.
90% of all lone-wolf style "mass-murderers" in the last 20 years were on anti-depressants and Anti-anxiety meds.

Look it up, its fucking true. the link between anti-depressants/anti-anxiety meds and psychotic behavior.

If you really, seriously need treatment, look into cognitive behavioral therapy and lifestyle changes. hell, self medicate with crack and vodka. just not pills.

otherwise, i will see you in the news in a few years. your call.

Beta blockers stop the adrenaline issue. Then you can normalfag all day. They're not addictive.
Once you broke the cycle of everything setting off your fight or flight response it stops on its own pretty much
Just consider that you've got a broken alarm system that needs a reset. Propranolol for example is an easy shortcut. You don't need to be on them for long at all user

Generalized anxiety = not a diagnosis.
Literally just big pharma making stuff up to be able to move product.
Reject your prescription and stop seeing the headshrinker.

Someone tried to write a history of Anexity. You may read it and see if it seems legit or not.
calmclinic.com/brief-history-of-anxiety
I actually think Internet and surplus of resources have made many of those "illnesses" more frequent today. Instead of having to work with lots of other people in a relatively lax time scheme you may easily isolate yourself both at home and at your job/school which allows you to develop the various symptoms in peace rather than having to adapt or sink.

Sure it's real, but the cure is to change your circumstances, not to take drugs

Have berko anxiety too. Only thing that helped was psychedelics. LSD and DMT. Can't get access to that shit to easily so diet and exercise, sauna, spa shit.

Thinking of going on heavy meds for awhile cause still a mess despite being rather active. Worried about cock breaking, but probably a good thing for a bit since I can't stop fucking random tinder sluts.

It's real. It's overdiagnosed though. And drugs are very often not what you need and in fact make things worse.

A "real" psychiatric disorder is one that is arbitrarily accepted by a show of hands by a cabal of top psychiatrists -- and their wives. No kidding. At a meeting for the DSM, a wife tagged along and changed a vote based on her opinion. Needless to say, she was not a psychiatrist, just married to one.
Homosexuality was a psychiatric disorder, until it wasn't.
This is not science.

As a clinical psychologist y'all niggas need to lay off the tinfoil koolaid
The psychopharm industry is indeed greedy as fuck but no, anxiety disorders are a very, very real thing
The impass here is that it's pretty complicated to explain and complex in nature (as the human brain itself tends to be even when functioning 'normally'), so since you'll never get the full picture without actually studying it for some time, you're naturally going to just assume 'well it must be a conspiracy then' instead.
I post this with absolute recognition that you'll dismiss it as some shill post or various other automatic dismissal based on cognitive dissonance. Yet here it is.

Also, just want to add it probably wasn't a consequence modern psychology was born at the same time as industrialization and urbanization started when people's living conditions radically changed.

its jewery, dont take pills you'll get addicted. Do some exercise.

Unless you are schizo or have something serious avoid them. I did Risperdal for 3 years and it was the worst shit you can take. You are numb all the time and you can barely function properly. When you quit them depending on what you use, you get from anxiety and parnoia, to dellusions. I had a lot of anxiety.

Didnt have anything, mom beated me up all my life and I was just shy because of that. Quitted them, moved out and in less than a year I was a functional normal human bean again.

You need to identify what makes you anxious. Marijuana can help, their are different strands with different effects.

How long to spend outside in the sun OP? A lot of this shit can stem from Vitamin D deficiency and can easily be fixed by spending a few minutes outside enjoying the sun and fresh air every day.

>millions of people on SSRIs
>a few shoot people
>everyone who takes SSRIs is a psychotic killer
ok lad

Im nowhere near as active as I used to be. I find myself isolating, and only go out when I can get fucked up and not feel anything. I know for a fact its a problem, but so far therapy hasn't done anything but made me feel worse. Only real thing that helps so far is recreational drugs.

Anxiety is real and is at least closely related to GABA agonist chemicals. Altering your GABA receptors to higher or lower levels will decrease or increase your anxiety.

So there haven't been any big pharma sales reps who have come out about the all expenses paid vacations? Perhaps I hallucinated that?

Anxiety is real, there's no doubt about that.

Is it over-diagnosed? Probably.

But I also think it's genuinely becoming more common. Consider the "pace of living" that we deal with today. The average person today is exposed to as much information in 24 hours as a person just 500 years ago would have been in their entire lifetime.

Do everything you can to avoid the medication. Use it only as a last resort, in the smallest useful amounts. It can help, but you can become dependent even on "non-addictive" medication such as beta-blockers. (In the same way a diabetic can be "dependent" on insulin)

If you claim to be redpilled but you take antidepressants you are a living, walking, talking fucking meme.

Considering that they essentially prescribe alcohol in pill form (Benzos) for anxiety, you just start drinking m8.
(Yes I know I am oversimplifying the similarities and differences between the two).

I think these sort of disorders are real.

I was diagnosed with ADD but I still kind of don't accept it. I was given medication to help and encouraged to exercise more. Exercising has helped a lot so I don't really take the medication unless I need to sit there for four/five+ hours. Maybe like two times every other week.

I think taking pills for these sort of things is bad though. You need to focus on developing coping skills that aren't medication.

>tfw literally nothing works for my anxiety over an extended period of time
>benzos work for a few days and then i stop getting any effects
I can even drink nearly 2 bottles of wine and feel too nervous to talk when i'm in a busy place

Supplementation is the answer.
Pretty sure you're all out of B12 and Magnesium.
Btw, dont measure your magnesium by blood test, its pointless.
Go order some B12 as Methycobalamin (Jarrow 1.000mg is fine, you could go for the 5.000mg version) + Magnesium Chloride (300mg, could be less, 300mg works just fine overall) + L-Theanine (500mg).

Usually people are out of not just some but every single key minerals and vitamins.

If you're okay then don't take the pills. Sell them actually.

I take Valium for anxiety which personally has soothed day to day life and allowed me to function a lot better, but this is anecdotal, the drug is highly addictive so its something I dread coming off, I briefly took SSRI's and as others have said they make things far worse, especially for the first couple of months, do not recommend.

Benzos shouldn't build a tolerance anywhere close to that high after 2 doses, even from very large doses.
How often are you taking them and which benzo is it?

Honestly if I could stay slightly intoxicated and maintain a career I would.
Its just not possible, plus it won't matter since I will get memed by liver disorders, I'm only 20.
I might look into beta blockers. And I have tried SSRIs and they legit made me mad.
Got suicidal thoughts for the first time ever, and after I dumped that shit I was fine.
Currently just looking for a way out without imploding or taking that poison again.

Yes, nutrition, self-analysis, self-help, social therapies, look at your life routine, in other words a real solution and not just a quick pill.

>Anxiety Disorders, Real or Marketing Scheme

Entirely made up OP.

"Anxiety disorders" are nothing more than millenials being told "it's okay to be anxious, you have a disease.

It's exactly the same tumblr tier shit as being overweight. It's not your fault for eating too much, you have a medical condition right?

Fact of the matter is everyone feels anxious from time to time. If it's for a good reason that it benefits you. If not then your mates SHOULD slap our round the back of the head and call of a poofter for worrying about shit that doesn't matter.

Your anxiety is real user, the necessity of medication is most likely not.

You have every reason to be anxious. Muslim hoardes at the gates, bad election, white males are the cause of every problem ever, and you most likely are single with a shit job and no hope on the horizon.

If after all that youre only anxious youre doing good..

My dad is an anaesthesiologist so in my house I had a bunch of downers, benzos and opiates in my house. At my reach. My dad didn't give a shit.

I started taking prozac after an anxiety attack which made me want to kill myself. It was ok for a while, suicidal thoughts which I had since I was 12 faded away but feeling like a zombie all day was shit. In the end I decided it was better to have up and downs instead of not feeling anything at all.

Clonazepam after an lsd trip is the shit tho.

Looking at old movies and TV shows, and historical accounts of consumption, people were walking around buzzed or worse as a standard operating procedure.

I was going to say this. Anxiety is a warning system. Right now you have legitimate reasons to be worried. The solution is not to disable the alarm but to deal with the problem.

Thanks for the help anons I am going to look into trying to exercise and at last restort bbs.
Good luck to you lads, thanks for the advice.
Its fucking sad it feels like this is some of the better advice I have had, especially between therapist and professionals.

>feels so cucked

Please explain your reasoning, OP. Were you taking other medication but now you are choosing to take this medication instead, to the detriment of the other medication, which will watch sadly from the medicine cabinet, pleasuring itself between sobs?

Or are you trying to tell us that you don't know how to properly use the term 'cucked' but are doing it anyway to try to fit in with user shitposters on a Ugandan dirt cuisine chat line?

its both

I have social phobia, panic disorder, and a very small amount of depression and OCD.

I literally do not produce enough serotonin. This is a genetic issue for me, it runs a lot on my dad's side of my family. I've had it my entire life but have only been on meds twice, once when I was 23 for about 10 months and currently on them now at 28 for about 8 months.

Any one who say's just get over it or anything like that is an idiot. You can exercise and eat healthy and that will help but if you have it due to a lack of a chemical there's only so much you can do. But don't listen to the people who say to get over it. It's like telling a type 1 diabetic to get over it. If you need a small amount of meds it will help. But go to therapy too so you can learn how to cope with it and eventually you can go off meds or just be on a very small dosage.

journals.plos.org/plosmedicine/article?id=10.1371/journal.pmed.1001875

cchrint.org/school-shooters/

psychologytoday.com/blog/abcs-child-psychiatry/201509/antidepressants-and-violence-link-in-search-cause

damn, you are right, its only a couple people.
holy shit, i feel btfo.

Im saying I was taking medication and literally feeling like I was playing myself. I know what a cuckold is, and I don't care if I fit in on an anonymous image board...

>don't really take the medication unless I need to sit there for four/five+ hours

It's perfectly normal that after more than 4 hours you will lose concentration and attention, why you need to take meds?

Literally taking psilocibin is a thousand times better than SSRI, MAOIs or anything related to changing your brain receptors.

And I say that as someone with serotonin imbalance. You might not produce enough, I produce too much.

Ah, an Australian. Your post makes sense. You're confusing feeling anxious with anxiety attacks, which involve the adrenal system flipping out and launching you into fight or flight mode.

When this happens during a time when you aren't bothered by anything, have nothing to fight or run away from, but then suddenly have the symptoms of a low grade heart attack, it is called a 'disorder' because something isn't working right.

My first anxiety attack happened while I was on a golf course, two days after getting a promotion at my job - more money and LESS work. I was also winning the round until then.

Please go back to /r9k/. We know that board is 90% strayans now. You can stop pretending.

feels good collecting autism bux and getting hyphy on benzos because of my "depression and anxiety" (laziness).

Citalopram is great shit m8

CAREFUL WITH THAT AXE EUGENE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

mostly valium, would take 1 or 2 10mg at a time to no more than 50mg a day. On the second or third day i really wouldnt feel them anymore, just a compulsion to have some more

Prozac is garbage.
Get them to prescribe you some benzos instead.

I'd probably have an anxiety attack if I got a promotion, but maybe that's because I'm unemployed?

In any event, golf courses are fucking terrifying. A very large percentage of people hit by lightning are on a golf course when it happens, and even if you survive, there's the really scary shit, the golf itself.

you arent supposed to pop benzos like candy dude.

you take them to calm an attack.

Sorry. I don't know why I said four or five. That was an over exaggeration. It's more like two or three. Any less than that and taking breaks helps me with keeping on track but after around that range it's a lot more difficult to keep focused and so the medication helps. I don't take them too much though because I've learned to do my work more times per week albeit in smaller chunks.

get benzos and sell them u cuck. You'd be surprised how many people will want that shit

0/8 b8 m8

You're doing a decent job trolling tho. Keep pretending that you think anxiety attacks are connected to your realistic perception of what's going on, and acting like you think it's just "feeling anxious".

Basically the same as the sovereign citizen "birth certificates are called that because you are human cargo and ships carry cargo in their BERTH Thus the name"

(Of course as a stay at home Aussie NEET, you know nothing about anxiety, attacks or general)

Anxiety is a byproduct of stress, find out what's stressing you and deal with instead of applying a bandaid solution

If you have to take meds use them as a stepping stone to getting good at life shit

Anxiety is an emotion of being nervous but it's the same word to describe a condition of severely spazzing out, getting your heart rate way up there, hyperventilating, fainting, and screwing up your hormones regularly. They'll try selling you the pill whenever they can so don't expect some actual restraint from your immoral drug peddlers albeit establishment drug peddlers.

Anxiety medications are much more complicated than that.

The long term effects are questionable, though the effects may be immediate, it does vary from person to person weather is right or not.

As someone whos dealing with generalized anxiety im not really sure what to do.

Waiting for an alcohol that doesn't cause cancer I guess.
Don't say benzos anons, don't want to permanently damage myself or become severely addicted.

This.
Alprazolam can make a nice profit at 10-15$ a bar, just don't get sucked into it yourself.
Very easy to go on a xanax binge/get addicted
Benzos are one of the only drugs that can kill you if you stop taking them cold turkey.

Just cough up the birth certificate, Obama.

>reccomending acute treatment for chronic anxiety.

Surely the terrifying aftermath of Xanax blackouts and seizure traps will be worth it.

This is exactly right, I have/had panic disorder which is like extreme GAD and propranolol controls those surges of adrenaline that make you feel like you're dying, raise your bp, cut off your breathing etc...

You don't have to live on it you're whole life , but you do need to taper off of it. It's very helpful while you get the mental aspect of anxiety under control. Listen to Claire Weekes audiobooks. They were a huge help for me in getting in the right headspace to combat the physical reaction to negative thoughts.

alcohol can also kill if you stop cold turkey

I'll let you faggots decide.

23 year old NEET, thinking about doping myself up on anti-anxiety/anti-ADHD pills so I can integrate into society.

Do I go this route or seek alternatives?

true, but it takes years and years of daily drinking to get to that point of alcohol physical dependence.
Whereas a benzo dependence can develop pretty rapidly

exercise- lift and cardio
diet- reduce stimulants eg. sugar & caffeine
mind- meditate

drugs just create dependency

I was on ssris for a while and I didn't feel much different so I stopped taking them and swore off doctors (unless i'm seriously injured) I still have anxiety and depression but I just maintain the mindset that nothing, absolutely nothing is worth the trouble, drinking helps too

Yeah... Look I'm not a scientist or anything but I was prescribed SSRIS for my OCD after high school. It was awful. I couldn't experience emotions and I gradually lost grip on reality.

This shit should be outlawed.

I mean I still have to close the toilet 5 times but fuckin hell I'll take it.

B-Vitamin and regular exercise help tremendously though.

anything is better than taking daily pills to try to integrate, get to the root of the problem and deal with it. Psychedelics can actually be very good for this if used in the right setting.

it's worked for me

The root of the problem is that I'm an overly impulsive fuck who can't deal with stress and stays a hikiki.

How I solve that? Couldn't tell you. Thinking of just going innawoods.

The medication works for some people, but is neither a meme nor a panacea.

Do you have a job?

Why do people keep suggesting people with panic attacks should take psychadelics? Someone's going to have a psychotic break because an user on a Japanese anime discussion board was like "lol just eat some mushrooms."

I've dealt with the whole ordeal for years and in my experience pills aren't the answer, unless you're absolutely unable to function at all.

There are always other ways, meditation has actually been proven to often help more than drugs in terms of stress management

>what is correlation vs causation
>what is statistical insignificance

That's part of it.

You hack just fucking go for a run or to the gym which you won't, cause I've said it as such but nevertheless having 'general anxiety' is not a fucking thing. It's called having a primate brain in an age where everybody else is incapable of feeling or expressing human emotion without anyt judgement hingeing on what is expressed

SSRIs really did nothing for me, you dont feel it.
They just make your dick useless and piss you off.

I've never experienced much from meditation I don't think I have the patience for it. Taking a nap gives me a content feeling

Benzo withdrawals kill people
I'm on an ssri and it helps. Also drink a six pack or more a day and 420 blaze it
It helps with anxiety a lot.

You are anxious because you haven't figures people out yet or the world

You don't need drugs

Just eat healthily and stay on pol for a year or so

>mushrooms
>psychosis
what? unless you already have psychosis or a history of psychotic breaks mushrooms won't do anything to trigger them. PTSD and anxiety have both been studied and treated with mushrooms and MDMA.

They are a very real option and one that is overlooked because of the stigma you just outlined

Glad this thread is still up, hope you're still here OP. Saw this on my phone earlier and wanted to reply but fuck typing on smart phones.

Anxiety disorders are something my family has suffered from for generations, sadly. It's a feeling of complete panic that comes on randomly, for no reason. It's like one minute you're sitting around not doing much of anything, and the next you feel like you're trapped inside a burning building, not sure what you're scared of.

My grandmother had it and the doctors didn't know what to do about it so she just drank heavily. My mother has it, but when she was younger medicine didn't know much about it so they just gave her xanax, which completely fucks with you.

Now I have it, and am on medication that works (small dosage of clonazapam and sertraline). The medication has not changed my personality or affected by life in any way, apart from not making me get panic attacks anymore.

If you do go the route of listening to your doctors and take the meds, make sure you stay on them. I've been through several bouts where I take the meds, feel fine, then think I don't need the meds. Then after a couple weeks life is hell, and I'm scared of everything again, and it takes a couple more weeks for the meds to kick back in.

Erectile dysfunction and other sexual side effects are not that common. If a few people out of a thousand trial participants report a symptom, they have to list it as a possible side effect. Even if it does occur, you can talk to the psychiatrist and ask for a different dose or medication.

Not right now but I'll be needing one, hence the getting on pills thing.

Meditation? I'll look into this.

Sometimes I feel like being informed makes it worse.
Most sheeple dont think about what we do.
Could possibly cause anxiety knowing too much.

dont do it user

ssris ruined my life. still clawing back to my former self and lost a lot of people in the process.

Yep still here, I have tried them, I weaned myself off of them recently as I did not feel they made a change.
The only thing I did get from them was really annoying side effects.
AKA limp dick

>Taking the Jew pill
>Any year
ISHYGDDT

I definitely have an anxiety disorder but I am not diagnosed nor do I take prescription medicine for it. Looking back there was signs of it since I was a kid and it just got worse and worse as I got older. Nobody knows but if I didn't have a family to support me I would probably be dead by now. I got it mostly under control now without medication but I still don't live a very normal life.

Still believing the jew meme, ITS THE CURRENT YEAR!

Can someone please red-pill me on SSRIs because I've been on Sertraline for a few months now and I'm starting to feel weird. I'm reading Sup Forums and a part of me just wants a return to traditional values but a part of me also wants to run in the street and warn people about the gospel of christ. I get rushes through the day where I feel like I have been inhabited by a being, where I feel like I have a great deal of purpose and a mission to spread a message to the world. This could be symptomatic of mania, I work in mental health so I'm aware of basic terminology so I understand that psychiatry basically knows fuck all. Lack of appetite, fixation on religion, a complete and righteous sense that I am infallible and right. I believe that I have shaken the shackles of mind control and am now, for the first time, thinking freely. Am I loosing it?

Here's the truth about mental illness: neurodiversity is incredible. People are fundamentally different from each other. People only seem the same because they speak the same language.

Most people are not made to thrive in the modern rat race. And long-term, no pill can change that.

Think about it: we have barely evolved since pre-civilisation. We're the same things as cavemen, shoved into a weird situation.

It would be amazing if more than 10% of people fit into this modern world.

Sorry about the limp dick user, it's a rare side effect but some people do experience it.

Talk to your doctor. He's a trained professional and not another hikki on a taiwanese basket weaving board. There's a ton of different kinds out there, and sometimes it takes a couple tries to find the kind that works.

But really user, if you want to get better, just talk to your doctor. If you don't trust your doctor get a second opinion from another doctor.

As someone who has had anxiety disorder practically since the day I was born, I can assure you it is very real. However, the drugs that are out there do very little to curb it, and the ones that could are deemed illegal because Big Pharma wouldn't make as much money.

Your psychiatric disorder means nothing to society, businesses, or fucking anybody. All the world sees you as is another dollar sign, just like with everything else.

>literally nothing works
How many benzodiazepines have you tried? Have you tried any other medication classes? What about therapy or lifestyle changes?
By the way, alcohol isn't known to be the best mitigator of mental health issues.