Box office - 26 million $

>box office - 26 million $

Something like this wins best movie? Really?

Fucking Madoka Magica made over 400 million $ and Your Name is at 350 million.

Oscars are a complete joke at this point.

Other urls found in this thread:

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/madoka-magica-anime-earns-over-40-billion-yen-in-goods
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/p28RKOir55zDAVbhSbJV_w/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Not everythings about money you worthless autist

Couple years ago that beasts of the river wild movie got a lot of buzz and it was hot shit. This is actually good.

Oscars are not about artistic value for decades.

But until recently they were at least about stuff that had cultural impact.

A movie nobody saw don't deserve shit.

Ironically bad OPs are still bad OPs.

STILL
BTFO
T
F
O

WILL Sup Forums EVER RECOVER ?

Madoka didn't even make 20 million you fucking retard.

Go back to Sup Forums you fucking manchild autist.

>Jew shilling to promote homosexuality among blacks wins Jew award

Sounds like a win for Sup Forums

Sup Forumsnon here.

Don't pay attention to this bait.

animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/madoka-magica-anime-earns-over-40-billion-yen-in-goods

Yeah, they should have nominated an anime cartoon for Best Picture.

40 billion yen is like 20 dollars

Literally the best thing that could have happened for Sup Forums you fucking dullard.

>movie about a gay black man
>a gay black man
>in the liberal year 2017

Did this not make you really think?

It was released in limited theaters idiot

Ebin.

>box office equals Oscar

Get out.

You sound like that guy who votes for Disney every year in animation just because it's the only one he's heard of.

I haven't seen Moonlight and I'm not necessarily defending it but that's what you sound like.

I'm sure it would make a billion otherwise.

Face it retard, nobody gives a fuck about this movie.

>Oscars are a complete joke at this point.
When did anyone take the Oscars seriously?

>three rows for boards
What's it like having such a tiny screen dork

>tension
it was weak and we barely saw it. gay nigger gets bullied in school. we just see name calling and some punches thats it. nothing dramatic like the bullies burn his kitten alive or they break his windows with dildos or some shit. basically its weak bullying for a public school for niggers

>main plot
nigger wants the cock. thats it

>subplot
drug addict mom goes on rehab. thats it

>character development
there was none. tyrone or whatever his name was remains the same mute, autistic, beta fag he was the entire movie. he doesnt grow up, he doesnt learn anything. he is boring as shit. for fucks sake's Billy Elliot had a bigger much stronger character with emotions. this nigger just stared at the floor and was mute.

>conflict
there was none. he didn't have to overcome any major adversity at all or fight against some antagonist. the bullies? shit was over with a "20 years later" fade out. his mom? she just went to rehab, he didn't like punch her or dragged her there. its just a CUT ADOLESCENCE, CUE IN ADULTHOOD, NOW ALL YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED TYRONE!! YAY!

>hard choice
he didn't make any choice at all. hell it was even his homo friend the one who calls him back after all those years not the main character.

>resolution
at the end, besides being a boring, gay nigger, we learn that he is a fucking virgin
CREDITS ROLL

Do you post this every thread or what

>reddit tries to fit in

Few decades ago.

Why didnt Transformers 2 win best picture?

I love how this image triggers beta numales and automatically gets a dozen (You)s in a few minutes.

First time I hear about this movie.
Maybe it's artsy and having a black guy on the poster adds a few points as well.

I guess Furious 8 and the next Avengers should get a Best Picture nomination according to you?

Wow it's like you read the dummies guide to storytelling and now think literally every movie has to follow those exact guidelines. I'm not specifically defending moonlight, but you're retarded if this is how you judge every film you watch.

>He needs everything to follow is autistic construction
kys tbqhf

Because Avatar happened the same year.

>Fucking Madoka Magica made over 400 million $

I'm more disgusted by this than two black guys gaying it up

>every film should follow the exact format of star wars, capeshit and shitty adventure flicks

Actual Sup Forumsnon here, don't pay attention to THIS bait. Your Name > GNAA The Movie

>muh movie about a gay nigger doesn't have any conflict/struggle

Boohoo he was bullied, suck a cock through a gloryhole

Your name for best movie

>I'm not specifically defending moonlight, but you're retarded if this is how you judge every film you watch.

stormweenies would have found a way to bend the narrative to suit them whatever happened, really.

>trump does something mindbogglingly inane
>4D CHESS xDD

By this logic, Transformers and Avatar are some of the best films of all time.

Are you ban evading now?
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/image/p28RKOir55zDAVbhSbJV_w/
That range ban is looking real good

They are, you SJW jew shilly faggot.

Holy shit kill yourself

You realize multiple people can post the same image on a board, right?

Good lord you have no idea how to engage or evaluate an arthouse film.

I don't give a shit about plot structure or any of that, but if they are going to make a gimicky gay negro movie, at least give me some struggle. Like Jesus fucking Christ. I'm tempted to go suck a dick every day of my life, but I keep my lust in check. I'm conflicted about this disgusting behavior I want to indulge in. The drugs and actions this community practices in disgust me, and yet I'm attracted to it. Can you make a movie about that? Will they make a movie about the faggots that are dying because they can't have a meaningful relationship with anyone and their entire existence revolves around a new ass each night? Nobody's willing to point the finger at the real culprit. Fuck you, and fuck your gay niggers.

Trump will execute jews and SJW on the public and make america great again

*tips*

>I'm tempted to go suck a dick every day of my life, but I keep my lust in check. I'm conflicted about this disgusting behavior I want to indulge in. The drugs and actions this community practices in disgust me, and yet I'm attracted to it. Can you make a movie about that?
Yeah, that's literally what Moonlight is about. You were clearly just too retarded to pick up on that fact.

ok so explain why was it good and dont use the word gay or anything homo related because that was secondary

Fuck off. Madoka is overrated, but it's very good.

The acting, cinematography, soundtrack and writing were all good.

You fuckers are so stupid. Why do you care? These shows are industry popularity contests and always have been. Unless you work in film, there's no possible way this could impact you at all.

desu I didn't even see the movie just wanted to see your response.

You write like a faggot.

What was the point of this post?

despite the unnecessary trolling this is a generic write up, its not bad, just not good either

>all these things were good

now explain why i double dare you

No

>he doesn't use a custom board list

top pleb

I lost braincells reading this.

>reporting on people that encroach on your sjw safe space
>4plebsing shitpost spam you don't like
how triggered are you?

>You write like a faggot.
Do you study a lot of faggot writing in your spare time?

what a perfect rebuttal, full of facts, and objective truths!

Well, you've annoyed me, so I'll give you a "rebuttal", although I hesitate to use that word because it implies that I consider anything you said an actual argument, or intelligent. (I'm assuming you are OP)
You remind me of a friend I had in High School who was actually autistic; he had aspbergers. He was a big fan of Robert McKee's "Story", which is a book about screenwriting. Every time we would talk about movies he would evaluate them solely on how well they adhered to McKee's formula. He made, as you seem to do, the fundamental mistake of assuming that there is one, correct way to make movies and that all movies that colour outside the lines are bad.
This is a stupid way to evaluate art but it's also a misunderstanding of McKee! He says that his book is only trying to explain a formula that has worked in the past, and is open to experimentation because that might lead to a more successful formula. So, my friend had read McKee and not understood him, and thought it right to inflict pain upon my brain by attempting to talk about something he did not understand.
This is what you are doing. You have no understanding of cinema other than "that one book you read one time."
You are a cretin.

Moonlight is a masterpiece

Objectively better than the other nominees, and at a fraction of the cost.

>animenewsnetwork.com/news/2013-07-09/madoka-magica-anime-earns-over-40-billion-yen-in-goods
>in goods
Beginnings made 500 million yen and Rebellion made 2.08 billion. That's notable in the anime field but not even close to being a big grosser. The highest grossing movie over there is still Spirited Away

>that one retard making these threads and pretending he's outraged because nobody gives a shit about some cringy chinese cartoon
You don't need to falseflag. Everyone knows Sup Forumsutists are subhumans.

>2.08 billion yen
So like 18 million dollary ding dongs? Lmao, OP got cucked.

they just changed that like a year ago

Two years ago.

The Oscars should 100% be about artistic quality over financial success. What point are you even trying to make?

>gook money
my shit swapping paper worth more than this """""""""money"""""""""

>Objectively
>my opinion

I can smile happily knowing that people this stupid suffer for their deficiency.

Fuck that, Batman vs Superman should have won best picture because they made the most money.

>Sup Forums wins a Presidential Election
>Oscars award an undeserving film (again)

>Sup Forums BTFO

>The highest grossing movie over there is still Spirited Away
Actually no

So turns out all that anime money is from selling toys to children. Really opened my mind to how deep and artistic japanese animation is.