So Cult of Chucky has entered post-production

So Cult of Chucky has entered post-production
>do u think it has potential to be horror kino?

Not really, no, but that last Chucky movie was better than it had any right to be.

I only ever saw the first Chucky movie and that was complete garbage.

That's a really lame title.

The sequel is better, in my opinion, but if you hated the first one, you'll probably dislike that one too.

well, aside from the bottle episode budget and no full body shots of chucky and the inexplicable appearance of tiffany at the end

I like how it still manages to keep the keep the same continuity and not be a remake

I guess Curse of Chucky was basically a soft reboot but it was necessary after the Seed of Chucky

the first one has a real dark gritty feel to it, the sequels are more theatric and stagey

It wasn't amazing, just so much better than I had expected.

But that second one has the best showdown of the series.

>tiffany

pass

Chunky isn't scary or in any way unnerving with all those scars. He looks stupid. The film series isn't really edgy or comedic either. They should have stuck to the formula of the first two films.

Freddy vs Jason vs Chucky

Who wins?

the third act was pretty good once they get to the factory and really chucky starts to lose his shit (and body parts)

this, curse of chucky was better than i or anyone probably expected

How do I get into the Child's Play series? I've tried watching them but I can't get into them. Granted, I haven't watched them in about ten years. Maybe it's time for another go.

Brad Dourif is based though.

watch other brad dourif movies. he's a fascinating actor even in bit parts

Man, what was the deal with Chucky that gave so many children nightmares for years?

I watched a bunch of horror movies as a kid, most of them with friends, but only Chucky fucked up with us to such an extent.

you find it difficult to 'get into' slasher comedies?

just watch them in order. if the first two sequels become unbearable at any point, try bride. if the chucky universe remains impenetrable, consider spending your spare time playing solitaire

this probably bc it was an actual kids toy, i didnt like toy story at first bc "talking dolls" were spooki

childs play 2 is best of the series

What happened to their son again?

>Found Toy Story scary
lmao pussy

He got shitfaced.

i can't remember they went full retard with that one

>Watch Child's Play
>They fucking show you in the intro that Chucky is a serial killer who puts his soul into a doll's body
>First half of the movie tries to pull the old "is it really the doll or is it the kid killing them all?" thing
>Doesn't have any effect because we already fucking know it's the doll doing the killings

Always felt like it was wasted potential. They should have spent the first half making you think the kid is actually the one killing people, then put some clues to build up to the reveal that the doll is alive.

watch pinnochio's revenge then. it uses that concept in it's full potential

child's play is more of a "hitchcock bomb in the room" thing. the suspense comes from the audience being aware of the danger, but the characters dont

The kino of horror movie posters

i thought seed had a clever poster, too bad it was the only thing clever about the movie