Who else? Could from Japan or South Korea or wherever, whoever

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Aronofsky#Filmography
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick#Early_life
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Michael Benjamin Bay

Nobody
Kubrick is... just a god of movie.

Denis Villenueve is the more recent one that comes to mind.
Literally not a single film less than good.

i want to be the next kubrick

give me advice bros

OP here

I love the idea of 'extremes' in film making, you know. There was lot of perfectionist-extreme takes on making a movie with that guy

Jonathan Glazer

Spielberg in the sense that he has made many films in varying genres.

Nicolas Winding Refn is the closest to his visuals.

>inaritu
>anderson
>fincher

besides Fincher, they are shit, and Fincher is only not shit half the time.

Not Kubrick, but I know this was a shitpost. Bay is actually a kinomaster, and that you would facetiously malign his auteuristic vision like this means you are a fucking dog shit eating pleb and I hope you are waddled in front of the next Oscars like a zoo animal.

OH FUCK

I totally forgot about Darren Aronofsky

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darren_Aronofsky#Filmography

It's been three years already since his last movie, too. Huh.

Yeah Aronofsky's vision and take on film making is so impressive and creative

t. Michael Bay

>being this much of a pleb

Also

Inglorious Basterds was really, really Kubrick-like.

Well you could start by killing yourself my man

BvS by Zach Snyder

The soundtrack, the visuals and some motifs are arguably inspired by kubrick

This

Nicolas Refn

N O É
O
É

Learn everything you can about photography, lighting, staging, and cinematography. That's what every Kubrick movie has kn common. He knows how to set up a shot.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

japan doesnt make good movies anymore

no

>Frederic Raphael, who authored the Eyes Wide Shut script for Kubrick recalled that Kubrick once remarked that "Hitler was right about almost everything", and insisted that any trace of Jewishness be expunged from the Eyes Wide Shut script. Kubrick's bizarre relationship to his own ethnicity deeply troubled Raphael, a fellow Jew. Raphael was further puzzled over Kubrick's cryptic praise for Hitler, unable to decide if Kubrick was jesting. Raphael was equally puzzled by Kubrick's trashing of Schindler's List. After Raphael mentioned Schindler’s List, Kubrick replied: “Think that's about the Holocaust? That was about success, wasn't it? The Holocaust is about six million people who get killed. 'Schindler's List’ is about 600 who don’t."[4]

tell me about self-hating jews why are they the goats at their craft?

lol

Self-hatred is patrician

Lel get fucked you pussy ass bitch

You're on the wrong board if you hate jews

If you're posting on Sup Forums you've already failed

Not quite correct. Kubrick SAID Hitler was right. Raphael wasn't sure if he was joking or not. So, like, 50/50 chance?

As usual Sup Forums jumps to their own biased conclusion to suit their agenda.

More like learn how to be ingenious with special effects, and heavily rely on symmetry and tracking shots. Make sure you adapt your scripts from literature, and most importantly make sure it concerns universals, the crowd, ideologies in a clinical way, rather than a warmer introspection of the self or the individual.

There are about a hundred directors before Kubrick from Hollywood's golden age alone that are "better" at cinematography than Kubrick. Better meaning they represent the geometry of photography better than Kubrick.

Why do people keep posting that picture of Eminem around here so often?

You know what's fucking crazy? I'm learning that Kubrick never went to any university for filming.

Like he was so innovative and a perfectionist, I thought surely he must have had some formal schooling with a degree:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Kubrick#Early_life

Nope.

agreed. he even worked with Larry Smith (Kubricks old Cinematographer) in Only God Forgives

The dude who did chaser, Yellow Sea an the wailing

People didn't go to university for filmmaking back then, unless you were a Russian or something. People usually got in on the ground floor and learned how to make films that way. Not really all that surprising.

Ironically photography and visual arts what got me into art film, not even kidding

That's literally what the quote says

JJ Abrams

pretty hilarious that literally every single name posted ITT (except Bay who was posted ironically) is the epitome of fedoracore. This is Kubrick's legacy. It's sad because he was actually a great director but in the long run his influence did more damage to cinema than good.

Top kek no