Just a Black person movie or can white folks watch it too Sup Forums?

Just a Black person movie or can white folks watch it too Sup Forums?

If you don't watch it, that's because you hate niggers and faggots and are a terrible person. If you do watch it you're objectifying nigger faggot culture and are a terrible person.

I'm neither black, nor gay nor a drug addict, so I dunno how I'm going to relate to this

I'm gonna torrent it desu
I don't wanna risk giving it any money, and if it sucks i wanna be able to back up my criticisms

If you're capable of empathy for people who aren't the same race as you then you can watch it.

I liked it (I'm a white heterosexual shitlord)

i thought black men were alpha males, not sissy faggots

I don't even understand why this was so praised. It only tries to be something more than a student film in its first thirty minutes. Something like Elle was a legitimate masterpiece of a character drama with elaborate scenes and production choices. Moonlight is so utterly mediocre.

People like you die alone and miserable.

Yes, because unlike non-white people, we don't care about identifying with fictional characters.

>tension
it was weak and we barely saw it. gay nigger gets bullied in school. we just see name calling and some punches thats it. nothing dramatic like the bullies burn his kitten alive or they break his windows with dildos or some shit. basically its weak bullying for a public school for niggers

>main plot
nigger wants the cock. thats it

>subplot
drug addict mom goes on rehab. thats it

>character development
there was none. tyrone or whatever his name was remains the same mute, autistic, beta fag he was the entire movie. he doesnt grow up, he doesnt learn anything. he is boring as shit. for fucks sake's Billy Elliot had a bigger much stronger character with emotions. this nigger just stared at the floor and was mute.

>conflict
there was none. he didn't have to overcome any major adversity at all or fight against some antagonist. the bullies? shit was over with a "20 years later" fade out. his mom? she just went to rehab, he didn't like punch her or dragged her there. its just a CUT ADOLESCENCE, CUE IN ADULTHOOD, NOW ALL YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED TYRONE!! YAY!

>hard choice
he didn't make any choice at all. hell it was even his homo friend the one who calls him back after all those years not the main character.

>resolution
at the end, besides being a boring, gay nigger, we learn that he is a fucking virgin
CREDITS ROLL

Ever been mugged? This will put the robber into context.

Its more of a bantz movie because it makes fun of black men for being fags.

It was a decent movie, desu. It didn't deserve the best fil award, but it was good. Jenkins gets wonderfull performances out of his actors, it felt open and honest, it had some beautifull shots (allthough it was sometimes out of focus, for no apparant reason, which is amateurish) and it wasn't preachy. I liked it.

Homosexuality is highest among black men. They have a term for it, "the down low".

I'm Chinese and heterosexual and enjoyed it quite a bit. Certainly can see why it's so divisive for viewers. Most people aren't gonna be up for a film that so heavily telegraphs its Taiwanese New Wave/Edward Yang and Wong Kar Wai stylistic influences.

It's like Yi Yi, Happy Together, and Chungking Express had a black baby.

Nigger movie, had to walk out of the theater because it felt like a safari.

You must hate zoos then.

You mean a hack baby right? The fact that people compare this to chunking express is great. Moonlight is more like perks of being a wallflower

The film is about loneliness and not belonging. Something Sup Forums should in theory be able to relate to. Although ultimately it comes down to empathy for others which seems to be extremely lacking around here.

>those comparisons
Holy shit I'm gonna go watch this right now. Have niggers finally created something worthwhile?

Haven't seen the movie but I appreciate this post.

That's an empathy-check for you

It's a movie for white people like 12 years a slave

if you want to watch actual black kino then check out fences

it's made for bourgeois white audiences

It doesn't represent gay or black culture accurately. Like Precious it's an emotionally sadomasochistic schlockfest for liberals who love to feel sad about the poor pathetic black man

I'm black, I need to say this

What I found weird about this film is how he was persecuted for being gay even though when you watch the movie he was not effeminate or a sissy or didn't give off gay vibes whatsoever. He seemed totally normal imo.

Like no one really knew he was gay. Just looking by his demeanor and how her carried himself, he acted straight and would never have been attacked in real life, but the movie makes it look like us black straight males somehow have some super gaydar that can detect the slightest gay behaviour. It's a dishonest film and very damaging to black men in general.

Art is meant to evoke emotion, not necessarily to be something to which you relate...and before I get flamed, let me repeat NOT NECESSARILY.

t. read the wikipedia article

White people will get it quite easily. If anything your average Sup Forums poster can relate to this far more than your typical black guy or even your typical gay guy. It's mostly about a guy who is scared to come out of his shell for his entire life and builds up a fake exterior to hide in and compensate for his general fear of living. Having said that, if you'd seriously consider not watching a movie just because of race, you may lack the empathy required to engage with it, or even the level of introspection to see how you might relate to the character when put in their situation.

Isn't "down low" bisexuall?

>NOW ALL YOUR PROBLEMS ARE SOLVED TYRONE!!
what did you watch?

Its not a black person movie

It's a white person movie made with black people to appear "cultured"

He may not have been camp but if he was known for fucking men then chances are even a black male could work out that he's probably gay.

This movie was for black people. Homophobic black people.

No it will turn you black if you watch it. Fucking idiot.

You saw the dancing scene right? You saw that he spent the whole film acting like a limp-wristed faggot unable to look other people in the eye, because he was afraid of being judged, and afraid of what he felt when he looked at other men, right?

yeah, just a weird coincidence that it's directed by a black man, adapted from a play by a black man and based on their collective semi-autobiographical experience growing up in black neighborhoods

Its about a repressed gay homo drug dealing nigger with a shitty story, playing on stereotypes and having all the mistakes of an indie but its esentially targeted to whites since no one else would watch and rate this garbage.

Try not being autistic

Do you watch action movies even though you've never shot anyone?

Can confirm. Watched it a couple of weeks ago, now I do nothing but steal, rape, mooch off of the wellfare system, eat watermelon, chicken and drink grapejuice. People have started calling me Lai'rohne and asking me if I can fuck their wives.

He never fucked any men though

You suck dick you are gay. Doesnt matter if its from a guy or tranny.

We honestly don't care. We don't go out of way to attack gays like this movie. We might make a joke or two but if you keep your gayness to yourself no one would notice.

We tolerate closeted gays that keep it to themselves. Only time we become anti gay is flamboyant drag queen dressing gays that parade on the streets. Even than we mostly ignore them

Movie makes us straight black males men look we hold hanging parties for gay men.

The director has an issue with straight black males and wants to demonize them for political reasons

Literally just finished watching this, it's a good movie, yes, but in the end I was left thinking "Ok, so the guy might find some happiness after all the shit he's been through..." and that's about it. It's a good movie, yes, good performances across the board, the cinematography was fine, everything was fine.

But it wasn't exceptional or fantastic or what I'd consider to be worthy of the Best Picture Oscar, at least not in my opinion.

Worth watching? Sure. Worth keeping around or archiving for repeated viewings? Nope.

A solid 8/10 overall.

Hey, this guy watched and understood the film and has empathy and was probably raised quietly and decently. This guy is a normie like me. I enjoyed the film a lot. Very Yi Yi.

You don't speak for your entire race, dumbass.

Blacks don't want to watch some boring gay shit about some sweetboi

this is 100% some white ppl movie

t. black

dont believe the hype. how can this movie beat a movie that was most nominated in all of its classes.

You can be alpha and swole as fuck but you still are gay if you fuck men.

What if you fuck and eat pussy as well?

I don't remember that scene from La La Land.

It's Sweden the movie.

Yes I can liberal skinny fat white boy. This film is made by a gay black man who has a vendetta against the black dudes who made fun of him in high school. Moonlight is his way of payback. It's dishonest.

Don't forget In the Mood for Love. Lots and lots of scenes directly in homage.

I watch them because I'd want to be like them
I don't want to become a black gay with a drug addiction though

Based Saxon

(I'm assuming all of this, by the way)

Tell that to blacks that need black characters in every media and role because they can't "relate" with other races

>Yes I can
No you can't, dumbass

Are gay people actually treated life this in real life? I find it hard to believe that this story accurately depicts the life most gay people experience. Society seems to go out of its way to cater to these people...

Black guys don't really use the word bisexual. Only black girls.

Most ghetto black guys tend to only see things as straight or gay.

then your semi faggot

It's Boyhood without the gimmick of using the same actors after 12 years of filming.

I love how the guy he loves treats him like shit, it cuts to when he's an adult, and he gets back with the guy who treats him like shit because the guy apologizes.

Really, really thought provoking.

fags treat each other like shit, it goes back to when they were molested by their uncles, fathers, cousins and etc

Yep, although to be honest I didn't actually enjoy the movie much at the time (I'm also a bit of a pleb so my opinion doesn't count for much).

It is an impossible movie to talk about, as every "normie" review fixates on the black, gay aspect and how "stories like these are never told," when in fact stories like these are the most universal. Meanwhile, Sup Forums won't watch it or at least won't watch it with an open mind because of what I guess to them feels like forced diversity based on the way people talk about it. Just two groups of self-indulgent people who can't view anything outside of the social boxes they tick. It's sad because it's a movie I didn't even really like, but it still made me feel quite a lot, and it's hard to imagine someone watching it, feeling nothing whatsoever and just thinking "BLACK AND GAY," whether their stance is positive or negative.

Why does this film have to accurately depict the life most gay people experience? Why does any film involving a PoC have to depict the experience of ALL PoC?

How dumb is this board collectively that they can't sit and appreciate the story of one boy turning into a man, and his journey to self? How dumb are they that they can't see that the film wants to settle on the kindness of strangers, and the aching beauty found in the mundane?

Jesus

You guys really are fuckin plebs of the highest motherfuckin order

Dumbass.The idea that being gay is great and a cool, and ensures special privileges, is fucking stupid. Just as stupid, as thinking being black, is somehow a plus.

Just because you see gay people being portrayed positively by Hollywood and the media, doesn't mean it's somehow great. Just because it's political uncorrected to make fun of gay people, doesn't mean that people don't do it.

For the most part, whatever your privilege ass thinks, being gay fucking sucks.

Feels good to know there are intelligent people on here who can appreciate art.

But the point was never that he was gay though. That's not why he was beat down, or teased. That's a terrible take away form the film.

Kevin was gay as well. Honestly even more out that Chiron, didn't get beat up. Chiron was weak, and didn't stand up for himself, until he did.

That's why he got bullied. That's not a black thing, that's just a people thing. Really, you could make the either film again, but with out the love scene, and have Chiron not be gay. And it wouldn't change a thing.

It may suck because there aren't a lot of other gay people but gay people were never bullied in my school, or my cousin's schools. They singled themselves out as victims most of the time because they felt lonely.

You gotta explain it to them in simple terms they can understand.

You know how you're heterosexual and you can't get a girl to touch your dick?

Imagine being gay and you're about 10 times lonelier than that.

Not everywhere in the world is San Francisco.

>Just a Black person movie or can white folks watch it too Sup Forums?

No. This movie was designed to appeal to black gay men only. I don't see how anyone else could relate to this story.

White liberals will take away from this film is that straight black men hold bands of cowboy western styles posse that hunt gay black men down and attack them. It's dishonest. I've ever attacked a gay man in life.

This movie is mainly for white liberals. Remember that.

Funny, the film is semi-autobiographical, but the gay bit is the one bit that's not from the director's experience.

Nobody in the movie even knew he was gay. Him being gay had nothing to do with people treating him like shit.

>I don't see how anyone else could relate to this story.

It's often called autism

Again, you don't speak for an entire race, and the movie isn't saying anything about your entire race. You're a dumbass if you think it is.

I don't get why they do that shit. It's like The Wire made Omar gay even though the guy he's based on isn't.

The screenwriter is gay.

>you don't speak for an entire race

neither does this movie. but liberal white faggots like you seem to think so

>neither does this movie
That's literally what I just said. Work on your reading comprehension, retard.

It's a movie about isolation and finding your place in the world. I think a lot of people can relate to that.

This. How the fuck are people not getting that there are two gay guys in this film? That one is happy, and that it's largely because he's comfortable with himself? Chiron was weak even when he toughened up, because he hid behind that. He was never genuine in the whole film, and while you feel bad for him that's the big takeaway. The whole third act is to contrast those two different paths.

I'm aware. But if a gay black playwright can get a straight black screenwriter to adapt this movie, it's not a very effective form of revenge on straight black men. And it certainly shows that user can't speak for all black men (actually, he can't even speak for all black men on Sup Forums).

Nice buzzword!

You said I don't get to speak for this movie reddit retard faggot. This movie however had a nigger sellout faggot trying to make straight black males look bad because of his personal experiences.

IMO you are just a mad as fuck white liberal faggot who sucks dick and is mad at me because I speak out against your shitty liberal movie. Learn do deal with it faggot and go take your anti retrovirals while you are at.

*a gay black playwright can get a straight black director

Not a buzzword. Difficulty empathizing is a symptom of autism. You should get yourself checked.

Honestly, this. Everyone defending the movie has some weird self guilt going on.

The way they showed Kevin in the beginning reaching out and being friendly with Chiron while fronting his own fake heterosexuality.

And then later comforting him on the beach, sharing a joint.

And then so many many years later, after having a baby with a woman, reaching out through all those years, to talk once more to lonely confused Chiron.

I felt feels I haven't felt in months. Thought I was dead inside after breaking up from my last ex desu.

>schlockfest for liberals who love to feel sad about the poor pathetic black man

Liberals secretly hate Black people, and want to turn them all gay.

>black heterosexual males don't bully gay people at all
>I'm black and never made gay black boys feel bad.

3 posts later

>faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot faggot suck dick faggot fago faggot suck dick

Yep, I'm leaving right now for the hospital. Thanks, user. Before I go and have myself checked for not wanting to watch gay black men kissing, I'd suggest watching some ISIS videos so when I get back we can empathize with things we don't like together and overcome it :)

>You said I don't get to speak for this movie
No I didn't. I said you don't get to speak for your entire race, which you most definitely don't. Again, work on your reading comprehension.
>trying to make straight black males look bad because of his personal experiences
Did we not literally just say that the movie is not a reflection of the entire race? You're literally too retarded to argue with.
>IMO you are just a mad as fuck white liberal faggot who sucks dick and is mad at me because I speak out against your shitty liberal movie. Learn do deal with it faggot and go take your anti retrovirals while you are at.
For someone so angry about niggers being portrayed as homophobic, you sure seem awfully homophobic.

be prepared to sit through the whole thing if you go, walking out makes you a racist

>people think Chiron was bullied for being gay
No one even knew he was gay you dumb faggots. He was bullied because he was a weird quiet kid.

Fun Fact: only white people watched this

White boys can watch it but only if you wear a chastity cage and eat your popcorn out of a dog bowl