Why is atheism almost always synonymous with liberalism

Why are atheists almost always liberals?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KzY1D1flhT8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

"Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions." - G.K. Chesterton

Conservatives in the United States have tied their wagon to religious nut jobs to the detriment of Republicans and Christians.

A lot of right-wing ideas (anti-abortion, anti-feminism, anti-Muslim, etc.) are mostly supported by Christian morals, so naturally people who do not have Christian morals will be inclined to be left-wing.

Ask a conservative fedora anything

"Just because it's in quotes doesn't mean it's not bullshit" -Me

There's a difference between an atheist and an antitheist. I wish they'd stop lumping us all together. I personally identify as a cultural christian.

There is no objective reason to either believe or disbelieve in the supernatural. You only make a choice if you have a bias toward one side. All the major religions push conservative ideas so willingness to identify with lack of belief tends to coincide with not liking those conservative ideas.

I never could bring myself to believe in god but I hate liberals and atheists. I still bow head at family prayers, it's no big deal to me and it's respectful.

You don't need to be a Christian to favor it's values.

Liberals are generally more educated than conservatives.

Most people don't become atheist because they have some deep crisis of faith; they become atheist because they want to booze and fuck as much as possible whoever possible without consequences. Conservatives by definition seek a well ordered and properly structured society where people perform assigned social duties. Doing your duty to society is in direct conflict with boozing and whoring.

youtube.com/watch?v=KzY1D1flhT8

The western atheist meme began with the freedom and tolerance-centric Enlightenment Thinkers.

B A S E D G K
A
S
E
D
G
K

Right-wing ideas are often closely tied to religious sentiment. There are right-ish groups which can appeal to atheists - a lot of atheists are libertarians, and a surprisingly high number of neoreactionaries - but the sort of traditional values conservatism that dominates much of the right is often backed up by an appeal to a god that atheists don't believe iin.

/thread

They aren't even aware of the concept of zero for the most part, why do you think they'd know anything about politics?

Because Atheism is like a lesser feminism, faggots pick it up during their rebellious phase in HS and then continue to tout it in College like it is some kind of special snowflake badge of honor thinking it will make them look smarter and we all fucking know Liberals just want to be perceived as the smartest person in the room.

I use objective reasoning to figure out good policies as well as the truth in religion

Religion requires something from you.

Atheism requires nothing. Neither does modern liberalism.

I'm a hard line pro-life conservative and an atheist. We're out there.

You have plenty of right wing Ayn Rand atheists. There are tons of rich right wingers who don't give a shit about religion.

>right-wing ideas (anti-abortion, anti-feminism, anti-Muslim, etc.)
Those are conservative ideas, not right-wing.

Right wing libertarians are for freedom of choice and freedom to believe in whatever you want as long as you don't do harm. While they may personally be against religion, many are usually strict Constitutionalists.

>Tfw right
>Tfw atheist
>Tfw all other right family members are hardcore christians