en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_industry_in_Canada
mountainhouse.com
youtube.com/watch?v=pOurO2zAOhM
ncrenegade.com/PDF/getPrep.pdf
wisefoodstorage.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>>looking for the best deal on storable emergency food
cheap canned food
nigger this is some simple shit you really made a thread for this?

This. We're going to be eating a lot of tuna pretty soon.

>what is Google

there are entire websites devoted to this prepping stuff.

FUCK OFF

Here

youtube.com/watch?v=rOH37W0jPpA

You dumb mo fo, do it on the cheap, food safe plastic buckets and load them up with dry beans, the prep tards got it all figured out, they add like bay leaves at the top to keep any potential bugs from seeking out your stash. You need a source of clean water too, depends where you live exactly, if you're in a city, best thing is to get the fuck out of the city and somewhere safe secluded shelter where you stored the dry goods, water and have utensils, but the thing is doing it in a reasonable amount of time, I think it's called bugging out.

Anyway, if modern civilization crashed, why would you want to live?

Fucking nigger go to right board at least

First of all its stupid to "stock up" if you dont have experience in warfare. (Protecting your food, knowing general rules about light etc.) Second, join the army.

I have checked out some of these "zombie" survavilist channels on jewtube and the gaps they leave open is laughable.

Dont be the faggot who plays a game and reads online stories and from there you think you are an expert.

>Jim bakker
WTF He is out of jail!
And back to doing his same old shit.

Wow

Alex is that you using a proxy?

You can get 100lbs of rice, and 100lbs of beans, 5-gallon buckets, mylar bags, and oxygen pads for ~$150. They'll store for 10 years at 70F.

Ammosupply.ca

Pic related needs lots of water and is mostly just sodium potato mush

Stop listening to jews that provide a product

Why wouldn't you just learn to grow your own food if you are afraid of starvation? Seems like the cheapest and most effective way to ensure having food

>be american
>greatest country on earth
>constantly stockpiling guns and preparing for its collapse

LOL

Sam's Club or Costco

I keep a 2 month supply of food and water on hand, just for safety's sake. The longest I've been "stormed in" after a hurricane was 3 weeks, and 2 months' worth is probably overkill, but oh well.

22 GALLONS OF RICE

Also check your local wholesale foods outlets ( in phone book under restaurant supplies) where you can buy 50lb bags of lentils, beans, salt, and sugar

Infowars sells some decent shit

>tfw too poor to buy canned food

Your neighbours..... take note who is the Fat one and young ,they are a Excellent source of Proteins

I realize the complete absurdity of SHTF prepper "movement", and that a collapse of the American economy is extremely unlikely to occur in my lifetime.

I still have ~3 months of food, and several weeks worth of water in storage. Also about 3% of my investments are in metals that I keep at home. I have many guns, but that's just because I'm an enthusiast, I don't stockpile ammo or anything.

It's an extremely practical thing to do. Not so much to prepare for economic collapse, but rather to safeguard yourself in case of PERSONAL financial collapse.

Well, how retarded are you and how rich are you?

>I'm really fucking retarded, and very rich
Buy MREs. They're expensive as balls, though, and you'll be drowning in sugar packets and Tabasco bottles.
>I'm really fucking retarded, but not very rich
Buy expired MREs. They're much cheaper, and actually have an absurd shelf life.
>I'm not retarded, and very rich.
Buy a basic stock of non-perishable items. Then slowly make a switch to using more home grown products; get small livestock, grow useful foods, dig a fucking well if you live in fuck off no where.
>I'm not retarded, but poor.
Buy a huge stock of nonperishable foods and store them well when you can. Think dried polished rice, dry pasta, etc. Then buy canned food in considerable amounts like lentils, beans, nut butters, etc. Throw in some potted meats, and boom. You're eating the same quality food as a Vietnam era soldier; you'll live, but it'll be absolutely shit tier cuisine.

I still do love beef hash, tho.

Plus it's super convenient when you run out of something, to just have to go to the basement rather than go to town.

Didn't you know? The collapse will happen any day now, because people they don't like have different opinions than them and are allowed to voice them, meaning that AMERICA IS RUINED FOREVER!

No, the end of times will come because I wished for it on my fucking birthday candles

Just go to Walmart. They have dried emergency foods as well as canned goods.

>dad, I don't want to eat cheesy broccoli rice for the next 6 months

>79899346

When the bank comes for your property you can bunker down and outlast them.

Keep up the good fight.

I don't think prepping is really talked about on that board user...

It is a wise move to also have 3 months to a year supply of food. One can not grow in the winter and you can not predict droughts, floods, or other disasters.

This^ Costco Sam's Club or BJ's whatever big wholesale box store you got.

user Hurricane Sandy got you too?

>this user gets it
just buy extra non-perishables when they're on sale, like for you burgers you can load up on cheap sale candy after christmas, easter, halloween, etc

costco emergency food

like $3k for a years food

I have used my preps in three natural disasters. You never know what life will throw at ya.

It is on all the time

>$250 per month for food

Shit, i wish i lived in amurrica

water, peanut butter, beans, vitamins

I'd rather stockpile ammo. You can always find someone who stockpiled food and take it from them.

No need in Canada. I wouldn't bother there.

canadiangeographic.ca/magazine/ja06/indepth/justthefacts.asp

pc.gc.ca/eng/pn-np/mtn/ours-bears/generaux-basics/ours-noir-black-bear.aspx

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishing_industry_in_Canada

I do keep about two months' food at home though. Being unemployed, never know when the state stops giving benefits. Has happened before, had to steal from grocery store (also got caught, unlike in most other countries, lots of security guards here.)

Grow your own food and can it you retard.
Don't fall for the prepper 'goods' meme, regular foodstuffs will do.

Emergency Essentials. They always got great sales for stuff that will last forever.

>being a nigger

>I want to risk getting shot for food

Fampai, food isn't even particularly expensive.

What are the general rules about light?

Hurricane Ike and Hurricane Rita, innawoods outside of Houston.

Now I'm living in South Florida, much closer to the coast than I was. I am concern.

dried, salted meat
sauerkraut
multivitamins

>Not storing light for emergency use

baka

I keep a three month supply of Soylent. It has a shelf life of a year, so I just work it into my normal diet, rotating out the old stuff.

Might be worth adding to your prep materials.

$5 rotisserie chickens too from Costco, you know cooked rotisserie chicken, in a container, all juicy, slow cooked. So delish Venezulabro.

Senpai I don't want to run out of light!

I ate pasta with sum delicious chicken sauce today, so not even mad mi hamburguesa bro.

Alex Jones will happily sell you some

Well I'm mormon and we're supposed to be prepared for apocalypse, at least 2 years worth of food and water for our family.

We just get these though, we have 2 years worth of Mountain house meals and 2 years worth of water jugs (those big ones that go in the dispensers like in offices)

Tuna is loaded with mercury.

Exactly, either buy canned light or always have an emergency fire burning so you can make your own light if SHTF.

And starving is pretty bad too.

Shit, I forgot the link

mountainhouse.com

Yea, there's a preper on youtube, big'ol guy, he cans his own stuff, even ate meat that was canned that was a few years old shitting on a shelf, and he was laughing at all the trolls saying he's gonna die while eating it.

youtube.com/watch?v=pOurO2zAOhM

This video is for all you dumbasses thinking he's gonna kill himself eating 2yr canned meat he canned himself

Man that canned light is a scam, Alex Jones sold me a whole crate and there was like 10 lumens in each can.

Buy a farm and griw your own food.

Living in the middle of a city eating food you've stored will not help, the angry mobs will murder you for the food.

Perharps you could "employ" someone to work on your farm, more or less like feudalism

Walmart has a 30 day emergency food box for $67.

Are you that chick in Venezuela that wants to escape? Didn't you get any offers from fellows on Sup Forums?

Food dehydrator. Cellophane bags. 5 gallon buckets. You're welcome

Why not just learn to grow your own food?

All the free pussy you could get your hands on.

Im the doggofridge guy, my bet is that girl is a fucking guy lol

>$2 per day

What the fuck

And trap/hunt. Seriously shouldn't be too hard since you can bait.

If you're rich buy an Atlas fallout/tornado shelter

An MRE cost around $7-8

>the angry mobs will murder you for the food.

If you fucking tell them you have it, sure.

Stand in the bread lines to keep up appearances, make a big show of giving your neighbours stuff that you've canned (make a point to tell them you give it away because you don't need that much yourself) don't have one single storage area, etc.

You can figure this shit out, the point is that being a fucking defeatist is going to get you defeated.

JUST BUY THE FUCKING WATER FILTERS!

>what are crop failures
>what are 8 month harvest times
>what are viable soil conditions
>what is viable irrigation sources

You can buy a years worth of rice and beans for a few hundred bucks.

Then go make your own dried light when it's summer and store it in a cool, dry place or pickle your own light when you have a surplus of it.

RIGHT, employ, right. How about they have a nice chain and shackle around their neck and ankle, they can work and eat on my here farm.

It would probably be dirty stinky sex, imagine bitches with no makeup? No thanks, see where I'm going with this? Their hair all messed up, no make up, they'll stink, it would turn depressing fast.

Oh hi! How are all your pets doing? How's the situation there? Still the same?

>thinking that A FUCKING LEAF gets more than like two weeks of cannable light during the summer

check your latitude privilege asshole.

Yeah, but you guys are also Americas first UFO cult, so its not surprising you have prepping for the apocalypse as a religious tenet.

Prett stale, not very much going on unlike the past week with the super raids and stuff.

Here have some doggo in his bomb shelter.

That's why you have more than one crop, fruits, vegetables, animals, fungus. It's not all gonna fail. Though I admit I don't know anything about growing food in canada.

Mormon's are taught to stockpile food, so there's all kinds of Mormon literature available online. They've got this shit down to a science. There's even many Mormon canneries open to the public where you can buy food in bulk and they'll can it for you.

"A one year supply for 1 adult should include: 400 lbs of Grain, 60 lbs of Legumes, 16 lbs of Powdered Milk, 10 Qts of Oil, 60 lbs of Sugar or Honey, and 8 lbs of Salt."

>It would probably be dirty stinky sex, imagine bitches with no makeup? No thanks, see where I'm going with this? Their hair all messed up, no make up, they'll stink, it would turn depressing fast.

I fail to see the downside.

>No need in Canada. I wouldn't bother there.

I've been without services etc for a week from weather issues before - it's still good sense to have some basics around. Plus here on the west coast we're waiting on the 8.0 which means probably a week before there's a regular support setup of some basic variety back in place.

>Are you that chick in Venezuela that wants to escape? Didn't you get any offers from fellows on Sup Forums?

I got in touch. Haven't heard from her in a few days.

R.I.P. femanon

F

Yes, and that is rather expensive. You're talking about $16 dollars a day since an average MRE has about ~1250 calories. So, about 5.5k for a years worth of rations at about 6 cents a calorie.

Not to mention you don't have any benefit from really having them around compared to simply storing provisions that you can rotate into your diet.

>Why does the military use MREs?
The military uses them because of government contracts, the light weight of them, and because having soldiers not eating your rations for being complete shit is a cluster fuck in a major conflict.

>WHAT SHOULD I DO INSTEAD?
If you're really looking at bottom dollar, shit ton of rice, dry beans/pulses, and storable fats.

I'd advise just buying shit you would actually eat that is nonperishable in substantial bulk and slowly work through it rather than having 1.5k of MREs you never eat.

I'm not saying it's a bad idea to learn to grow food, but growing enough food to support yourself is a ridiculous amount of work, takes an incredible amount of land, and isn't a viable option for most people.

Everyone should have at least a month's worth of food and water on hand.

We literally have nothing in our bible our BoM regarding UFO's, clearly you just bought into the meme.

>Not canning light when the day is bright for two weeks

I mean, I know you live in a wasteland, but com'on. You gotta reap when its harvest time.

Agreed, no makeup is red pilled

Was she a real grillz??

Mehr, more stinky pussy for me.

Err... .6 cents a calorie.

>s-she was r-real to me

For those interested, here is the LDS' official prepping manual

ncrenegade.com/PDF/getPrep.pdf

>R.I.P. ladyboi user
>F

I fixed that for you

>I'll take "things like spam" for $200 Alex.

This shit has a 25 year shelf life.

wisefoodstorage.com/

pls no bully :(

Hang in there, hopefully the problems there correct themselves somehow.

Fungus? Like mushrooms?

Wouldn't it be a pain in the ass to make beans? All that water and fire, boiling them for a while? Too many resources to prepare for.