Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA
books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q_DO
tomwaitsfan.com/tom waits%
gettingit.com/article/349
usherfilms.com/featured.php)
imdb.com/name/nm0882330/).
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Shit source material = shit movies. Hollywood treats video games with the respect they deserve: none.

Movie goes to shit half way through with all the humans in the church also putting in Pyramid head for the hell of it.

Mortal Kombat is the best vidya kino.

aren't you forgetting something?

Nope

too bad they fucked up the second one by having pyramid head fight like it was some action movie

The first half of Silent Hill was good, but then it went to shit.

Too bad they fucked up the first one by having him in it at all.

That's not Warcraft or Angry Birds user.

it has a lot of good points

i don't watch movies with vicious murderers as protagonists

G O A T soundtrack, pure late night driving too fast kino.

youtube.com/watch?v=EAwWPadFsOA

>Maybe if I shit on video games people will think I'm mature and my father will respect me

Meanwhile, Francis Ford Coppola is making one.

The orignal silent hill was supposed to be about the subconscious fears of the main character. They turned it into shock and gave a really fucking shit story. Didn't see the second one but I assume they screwed up in the same way.

I have never played Final Fantasy. That said, I enjoyed the movie.

LOUUUUUUUUUUUU

How do you go from this to fucking Resident Evil into the dirt with stupidity? Is he really that desperate for sex?

Which one? The one that had jackshit to do with the franchise, the FF7 one, or the FF15 one?

>Afterlife
>Retribution
>good

I'm convinced that both Mario Bros and Mystery Men were directed by Tim Burton but he disowned them, which is why they have such huge budgets but are supposedly directed by nobodies.

They have all his trademarks, and Tom Waits insists Tim Burton at least partially directed Mystery Men.

Objectively the correct list. But where does Kingsglaive fit in?

>The orignal silent hill was supposed to be about the subconscious fears of the main character.

No it wasn't. This is one of those things idiots who have never played it like to say in order to sound like they know shit. Only Silent Hill 2 was about subconscious fears. The original and third were far more literal.

>Oh yeah, that happened

My father already respects me, probably because I'm not a manchild. Coppola hasn't made a good film in decades.

>My father already respects me

And yet your mother's husband is always disappointed.

i didn't know there were 2 dead rising movies

That movie sucked though. Only good things were the set design and monster effects. I'd give credit to the soundtrack but it was directly lifted from the video games anyway there was hardly any effort put into that aspect.

Speaking of vidya films, what did we think of Ratchet and Clank? I thought it was pretty good, but it's mostly for people that are already fans, and also kind of needs the spin off game to actually feel impactful.

1 was far from literal

>he still hasn't seen Pixels

>Street Fighter the Movie
>bad

Go fuck yourself that movie is a misunderstood classic by dumb neckbeards who took it seriously.

>probably because I'm not a manchild

Disregarding an entire medium is the epitome of immaturity, especially when it's a transparent attempt to echo uninformed elitism.

>understands the source material
>Dead Rising
>Frank isn't even a major character

It isn't. Ace Attorney was probably the best possible movie you could make given the source material, the only major mis-step was miscasting Maya and Gumshoe. Other than that, it's pretty perfect kino.

Also, Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV is a decent action flick. It's better than the other two Final Fantasy movies.

Wasn't there a spoilers post a few months back where some user leaked a whole bunch of vidya movie details? Like Detective Pikachu the movie, and Myst the fucking TV show?

The x axis is correct, but there are way too many movies in the good category

I would put street fighter (1994) in the top right t b h

It was a decent but mostly forgettable movie, and that's coming from someone who played the fuck out the PS2 era games.

Graphics were good, VA's were VA'ing it up like they would in the games, but the rest of the movie just kind of happened.

The whole scope of the film felt way too small for the whole galaxy they were trying to convey. Also a lot less jokes than I would've liked. Honestly it felt like the movie was just an excuse to release the spin off game which remedied most of the flaws of the film.

I liked Spirits Within, saw it like 10 times at the dollar theater when I was a kid.

he is right and you know it

The true vidyakino ranking.

DOA is too underrated desu.

>pre-reboot tomb raider
>source material is big boobs doing flips
At least they got Anjlena in her prime

>IM KINO
I think we have our answer.

>Shit source material

Fuck off Konami.

resident evil is best vidya kino

>It has Jason Statham so it should be at least somewhat enjoyable, right?

I was wrong.

Man what happened to Uwe Boll? Seems like that fucker was in the news every week in the late 00's.

>Dead Rising movies understand the source material
This isn't actually true, is it? I can't see low-budget American flicks adapting the goofy comedy elements.

In Lowside of the Road, Barney Hoskyns states that Mystery Men was directed by Tim Burton, which is not true. He then edits a Tom Waits quote to support this claim.

From Lowside of the Road: books.google.co.uk/books?id=Q_DO ... on&f=false

>"I don't know why I agreed to do this," he said of the part in superhero spoof Mystery Men directed by Tim Burton under the pseudonym Kinka Usher. "Except [Burton] made the whole thing sound like a softball game."

Hoskyns is misquoting this article. Tom discusses Mystery Men and director Kinka Usher, but makes no reference to Tim Burton: tomwaitsfan.com/tom waits% ... agnet.html
Interviewer:
>Who's in it?
Waits:
>Ben Stiller, Janeane Garofalo, Hank Azaria, Paul Reubens, William Macy, Eddie Izzard, Geoffrey Rush. Directed by Kinka Usher, who was a prince. I don't know why I agreed to do this except he made the whole thing sound like a softball game.

The Tim Burton connection probably stems from this spoof article: gettingit.com/article/349
>Tim Burton's Secret Identity
>Director's Mystery Men pseudonym unmasked

Kinka Usher is best known for his TV commercials. See his website (usherfilms.com/featured.php) and IMDb page (imdb.com/name/nm0882330/).

Pic related was pretty fun desu

How can he be right about something he obviously knows nothing about? If anything he's blowing smoke up people's asses to feel superior.

No time travel in my fucking Sands of Time movie REEEEEE

Never played the game, but I remember it making sense in the movie and setting up a sequel
too bad we never got one and are stuck with capeshit instead

only if they would adapt the actual game kino

Need For Speed was okay to be honest.

Kek, the entire medium is the epitome of immaturity

>mfw that bantz
>mfw those practicals

IDK why it got such bad reviews. Felt like a proper Fast/Furious sequel, which I guess is why. Not sure how critics are into this new shit.

>Advent Children
>Understood the source material

fuck you, the spirits within was GOAT. my hand did not leave my dick the entire time.

Unlike most video game film adapatations, the people behind Silent Hill the Movie actually enjoyed the source material so tried their best to recreate camera angles, audio cues and other subtle touches like when she's memorizing the map.

First one is actual pretty accurate. There's an outbreak, the MC is a dick-ass journalist way in over his head trying to uncover a governament conspiracy related to that outbreak, the story is serious but is filled with goofy moments, the movie happens under a timer where the quarentined area will be invaded by the military, etc... It's nothing fantastic but it's surprising how it manages to capture the overral spirit of the game.

The second movie is pure fucking shit.