Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion?

Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion?

I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.

And I kinda get a hard on when I read stories of American kids defending their homes with their parent's guns. That's definitely freedom right there.

Other urls found in this thread:

austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/clca1935262/s15.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Our government derives its legitimacy from the recognition of limits and the acceptance of reality.
Your government sounds illegitimate.

Well we don't have a Bill of Rights, recognizing us as people with the right to the security of our own persons. We're property of the Australian Government, and if people want to assault and kill us, then we must let them, and then call the police if we're still alive after the ordeal.

>totally illegal

You mean it has to be reasonable force? ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces

That's pretty reasonable. If someone breaks into your house and attacks you you are allowed to fight back. You're just not allowed to curb stomp them once you've got them beat.

If someone breaks in to grannies house and attacks her and she stabs them in self defense that's 100% okay.

It helps keep ridiculous mistakes to a minimum like someone getting their head blown off when they knock on your door for directions "but he was ON MY PROPERTY and OBVIOUSLY A BURGLAR officer"

Yes Australia has no liberty, we are a total police state.

No. It's totally illegal to defend yourself. We do not have castle doctrine in Australia. If you punch a home invader just once, you will be convicted in court.

Our bill of rights is not an arbitrary wish list, it is the basis of government legitimacy. Our government recognizes that there are things it cannot do. You know, just like at the microcosmic level, the beginning of wisdom is recognizing what you do not know? "Tyranny" is mechanically speaking just government over-reach.

The Australian government abducts people, poisons them, brainwashes them, tortures them.

If the invader attempts to attack you you can retaliate.

Realistically you could use this to your advantage and say "he attacked me" and attack them anyway as long as you come from the front and don't bop them on the back of the noggin with a bat because then it's obvious you weren't just defending your being.

How can a government exist if it does not recognize your right to exist?

No you're not allowed to retaliate. You are meant to bend over and spread your arse cheeks and take the anal floggin.

Because it's fascist.

No if someone attacks you you can absolutely defend yourself with reasonable force. That's how it works.

Not in Australia. I was jumped in school by the captain of the football team, he punched me in the mouth extremely hard for no reason. Thank God I had braces. I'm a pacifist naturally, so I grabbed his arms and held them to his sides, and somehow my elbow accidentally hit him in the face. It all happened so fast. He fell backwards and got knock unconcious with a broken Jaw.

It was a mistake :(, well I got charged with 1st degree assault, and had to spend $1500 clearing my name, by doing various councillling, community service and apologising to his mum ;_; just so I wouldn't get convicted and go to juvi. I was only 15 ;_;, he didn't get charged.

I really hate my life, the police and government have worked against me my whole life. I just wanted to do my schooling, I get straight As easily, and enjoy being perfect in my work. Then I get assaulted, but I'm the one charged with assault *cries*.

if someone breaks into your home and attacks you or your family fucking wipe them from the face of this Earth. We do not get our rights from the Constitution or any goverment; we get our rights from God.

The Australian government believes they are God. And the moment you hit back, you are convicted all the same as the attacker and home invader.

You're talking nonsense. Rights aren't physical things, they're guarantees made by the government. Your right to self defense only exists as long as the guy with the most guns (the government) says you can defend yourself. If he changes his mind, you obey, die, or kill him.

Might makes right.

Exactly, and our government definitely has no threat of rebellion, because they took everyone's guns away with the Port Arthur False Flag.

Correct, but also because there's no incentive for rebellion for most of your population.

>An intruder
That's what you get for living in a high crime country.

It's because the government puts fluoride in the drinking water which numbs the population into placidity.

Possibly, or it could be that occasional low-level injustices are below the threshold for revolution.

Self defense is always acceptable, but lethal force is not the only option.

I don't see Sup Forums looking into home security systems, tasers, mace, better locks, CCTVs, et cetera. You don't see pictures of people behind locked doors posted on Sup Forums

The truth is that a lot americans just like guns because they're toys.

Our government can exercise a media blackout any time they wish. They've done this several times before, the Australian people will never know the injustices done against them by the criminal Government.

Would be low crime if everyone had and properly knew how to us a firearm :^)

no, it denies the right of criminals

What is the Wild West.

actually it was illegal to carry guns in most western towns.

the shoot out at the ok corral started when the earps tried to disarm the clantons who didn't even do nothing but exercise they rights yo

>I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.

I'm going to answer your first question by stating that this particular part of your post is deeply horrifying to me.

Australia is purgatory.

10 to fifteen minutes!? It only takes 30 seconds to 2 minutes where I live. A lot can happen in 2 minutes though.

I can't find updated info but the 2013 national average response time from the police was 11 minutes. So, you may live in an area with a very short response time, a lot of people don't, and like you said, a lot can happen in two minutes, imagine what can happen for someone who has to wait 10.

>your killers rights are more valuable than your life being taken

And that ladies and gents, is why liberalism is a mental illness.

>Is self-defence acceptable in your opinion?

Is there anyone of sound mind who would say no?

If this sort of thing is the law there, why are the Australians in this town always starting brawls?

This. Evem if you don't believe in God, home and private property is sacred and paramount. Even if you live in a cucked country where you can be imprisoned for defending yourself you'll be a martyr for the most noble of causes

really makes you think

Man if i was an aussie i would have bars on everything and recordings at least of mad dogs blaring. Or make an urban fortrress.

>I only ask because it's totally illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers.
So, why don't you just kill him and not call the cops? Bury his ass in the back yard or chop him to bits in the tub and discard him with cooking scraps over the course of a few months.

It is a universal human right. You are responsible for your own life. You are responsible for defending that life. Nobody is justified in denying you the right to defend yourself.

I tell people this as often as I can. The cops aren't on your side, do whatever you have to in order to defend yourself, just don't get the cops involved.

Yes. It says so in the bible.

Crime was low in the US until prohibition.

This one law of yours makes me absolutely hate your country and refuse to ever go there despite being very interested in it's ecology.

Is this really a question? If you do not have the right to defend your own life, in what sense are you not a slave?

> Be assaulted
> Be charged with assault for self defense

So being punched in the face (Which has killed people, albeit rarely) isn't assault, but your actions after being punched, and likely not thinking straight due to adrenaline, are?

How the fuck did you fuck up that legal defense, desu. Did you just stand in front of a magistrate or something without a lawyer?

Some of the wording in the aussie self defense laws scares the heck out of me as an american:

>...the conduct was not, in the circumstances as the defendant genuinely believed them to be, reasonably proportionate to the threat that the defendant genuinely believed to exist....

Clearly the fact that anything happened to you at all means you're guilty in the eyes of the state. Sheesh.

Spot on. Our constitution guarantees rights. You get the 'rights' just by existing, they're not granted by the government.

>illegal in Australia to defend yourself in your home or elsewhere against attackers
My Australian friend was bragging about how great his country is compared to the US.
For some reason he thinks the US is infested with niggers and no where is safe because guns are legal. If I had to describe him he's learning Japanese so he can move to Japan and teach English.

>Implying it is not totally justifiable to curb stomp a nigger after they break into your house.

You are a fucking cuck.

You are a fucking cuck.

If the nigger did not want to die, he should not have broken into my fucking house, end of fucking story.

If someone attacks me, or even breaks into my house, no force is unreasonable to defend myself or my loved ones.

Because freedom is not having to live behind closed doors with cameras. Freedom is being secure in your person and property, and being able to respond with force if either are threatened.

People often get charged with murder for self-defence, but I'm not aware if anyone getting convicted for it, even if they shot two uniformed police officers performing a legal raid.

same in cucked MN.

you are legally obligated to flee from your own fucking home. hate this state so much

Self-defense is completely acceptable, but guns just make it more likely to end in lethal bullshit while not actually making it safer.
Admittedly sometimes fisticuffs leaves someone in a coma too, but that's rare enough to just tolerate it.
Besides if you just blanket ban guns outside of specific reasonable defendable scenarios you can more easily get potential threats spotted; every out-of-place gun is immediately validlly suspect.

Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.

A myth.

Ben Franklin is dat ngga

>Self-defense is completely acceptable
>fisticuffs

My grandmother is 84. My grandfather died a few years back.

Are you truly suggesting she defend herself against a feral nigger home invasion with her fists instead of her .357?

God created men. Samuel Colt made them equal.

Retarded line of thinking.

If there are no guns then all bets are off and robbers can rob anyone without fear of guns.

>but guns just make it more likely to end in lethal bullshit while not actually making it safer.

90% of robberies that involve the victim having a gun end up with the victim prevailing, so again, you're wrong.

>lethal bullshit
Easy solution, don't fucking be a criminal.
Lethal is great, because when you fucking kill the faggot he can't and go and lie to a judge.

Guns are great because a 90 lb woman can fuck up a 300 lb 6'8" nigger.

You're a complete fucking faggot. Kill yourself.

>Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.
Except that's not even remotely true. Areas where open-carry is permitted have significantly lower crime rates compared to those that allow only concealed-carry. If you need to rob to survive you find an easier target. Fucking Europeans.

Wow

How can Australians live like this?

dat's right

Fuck off Colgate.

>Or as a police officer here put it: If a criminal knows you have a gun his reaction is not to not rob you if he needs to rob to survive, his reaction will be to not take chances and just kill you with the benefit of a surpise attack.
no, he just robs the next person down.

Alcohol, marijuana, food, entertainment?

Common Law precedes the central government. It was a polycentrically derived set of judgements and agreements that evolved for centuries, recognized by all those in the jurisdiction.

The founders of our republic made it very clear that there is a distinction between the Federal Government, which recognizes but does not grant rights, and the citizens, from whom the government derives power.

You think rights are things that are guaranteed by the government

This is true but they are NATURALLY GIVEN by our creator

Of course it is. Anyone who asks this question unironically should kindly commit suicide.

Always thought aussies were cool. You guys are fucking cucks Jesus Christ.

Even the red-pilled europeans are completely cucked.
They can't help it, their government has been indoctrinating them from day one.

These bastards want to chip away at every last crack and crevice of common law.

Look up the "Mild West".

Violent crime was sparse.

brb, off to buy more guns.

You seem to be dealing with it well

Oh that bullshit triggered me hard

It never used to be like this. We used to be hardcore, front-bar brawlin', deadly wildlife killin' drunks.

Now we have had the strongest pussification imposed upon us. At 5:30pm at night, mainstream TV ads, have grown men, who are "tradies" which is stereotypically masculine, tongue kissing each other and talking like homosexuals. With women being dominating matriarchs.

The castration of the typical Aussie maverick is near completion.

Shut up with this non funny forced meme

What the fuck went wrong?

Fucking Christ m8. People need to fucking purge.

Jews and 1970s homosexual environmentalists perusing worthless degrees, going on to become major politicians.

> Handguns.
> The First Feminists.

W-what would women need g-guns for?

That isn't true you fucking idiot. If you knew anything about Australian Law you would know that you are able to defend yourself in your home and on the street it simply states "with reasonable force" which is
Completely dependent on the situation

Do some research before you post you fucking dumb ass lol

Stop lying. You're not allowed to otherwise I wouldn't have been arrested for restraining an attacker in self defence. Can you believe they said I used excessive force? The principle asked me to take my shirt off because I have big muscles and I'm dangerous at the family conference - bypassing court prosecution. I said no. Principle is definitely a pedophile.

My opinion doesn't matter, its a God given right which no lower human authority can abrogate.

A human government can only accept or violate that right.

>they took everyone's guns away

>Australians allowed this

You were betrayed by your own countrymen. A human government has no right violate God given rights.

We had no choice, they threatened to jail for 20 years in long gay jail if the Australian people didn't sell their registered and unregistered firearms to the police.

Can you believe many people didn't turn in their unregistered firearms to the police. Because the police had no idea they had them? OH THE HORROR, THEY COULD USE UNREGISTERED FIREARMS TO SNIPE POLICEMEN IN THE HEAD FROM 500 YARDS AWAY.

>We had no choice, they threatened to jail for 20 years

You had a choice, the same one we will have here. Blood in the streets and revolution, or back to your quiet life of oppression.

They try that shit here, its gonna be bloody.

Then the Australian people are weak. And the American people are strong. When it comes down to it.

you faggots killed crocodile dundee
he got a handful of enemies before falling
epic kill/death ratio

all hail the croc king

You mean steve irwin

This is because our laws were written when we were a prison.

All of our laws, our constitution etc were all written for a prison.

And people wonder why we are a nanny state...

I wish we could do something to change this but our laws being how they are any attempt to do so is smashed by the state and we have no means to defend ourselves from our own police.

And all of that would be if we managed to get enough people to give a shit enough to rebel and that's almost impossible now more than ever because everywhere you go everyone is either a fucking foreigner or they are brainwashed into multiculturalism and antiguns.

Which brings up another point. We as /auspol/ boys should not even focus on gun rights. We should be focusing on self defense rights. Our gun rights are based on having a "legitimate reason" to own them. If we had self defense rights that could then become a legitimate reason and we would could get looser restrictions on guns.

We need a bill of rights.

Ben Franklin is right but what americans don't understand about Australia is we didn't "give it up". We never had it to begin with.

Totally agree with everything you said, which is rare for me to 100% agree with someone on Sup Forums.

This thread is completely wrong, self defence is completely legal in Australia.

You have no idea what you're talking about please apply a rope to your neck thank you.

It's not. You just want to see innocent Sup Forumsacks jailed in self defence by tricking them.

>You mean it has to be reasonable force? ie someone breaks into your house you can't immediately pull out a machete and hack them to pieces
Nope.

We also have this new thing called "one punch laws".

Basically if you punch someone just once and the result is they fall over and smack their head too hard and fall into a coma or die, you get charged with murder or manslaughter.

Some abo broke into some guys house earlier in the year, a father caught him climing into his little daughters house, knocked him out, called an ambulance and the cops. Told them the truth about what happened, they took the abo to hospital, he later died in hospital. The abo's family go to the cops, complain that abo was going to the father's house for a party and the father murdered him and racist etc, father gets arrested and is serving a murder charge.

The abo was at the time on parole and had just recently gotten out of jail too. Guess what the abo was in jail for?

austlii.edu.au/au/legis/sa/consol_act/clca1935262/s15.html

You have similar legislation in your state

Yeah and all of that is fucking retarded.

If some new australian (somalian former child soldier) breaks into your house with a machete to rape your 9 year old daughter to cure his aids you're not going to get out your law book to figure out what he has to do before you are allowed to hit him in the face with a fucking frying pan.

It's fucking retarded. If someone breaks into your fucking house the emphasis should be on protecting the contents of the home, people and property included, not protecting the fucking criminal scum breaking in.

Fuck that shit.

Ok obviously you're one of the government agents monitoring me to know my state. I made no mention that I live in South Australia.

What's the matter, did you get so rattled you just had to impress me with your resounding grasp of personal data? I'm no impressed.

I don't recognize the pistol in that girl's hand. Anyone knows the model?

Being charged is different to being conflicted. He said he was charged not convicted. It cost him $1500 in legal fees to clear the charge.