John Wayne vs Clint Eastwood

who's the better masculine role model/archetype?
I grew up on Clint because of my dad, and I'm about as masculine as a guy posting at 2 am on Sup Forums can be

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f1ZplGDnXpI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Clint

John Wayne is a fag

/thread

I don't like John Wayne at all as an actor, so Clint wins by default, and he's also a good director.

Clint

Nice quads

Clint beats the fuck out of John Wayne, but Chuck Connors and Franco Nero are both better

clint was more implacably masculine. john wayne was more like what a woman thinks masculinity is

Clints the better actor, but John Wayne would beat his ass. Clint is literally just a pretty boy who watched too many cowboy flicks growing up.

ive never seena john wayne film but ive seen almost every single clint film, so clint > wayne

john wayne was a hollywood pretty boy too, except he became a fat fuck by the time he actually got starring roles

>No Henry Fonda
Henry is my /bestguy/, I won't take any one else into consideration

>ive never seena john wayne film
What? Not even like just on the television when you were a kid? I can't imagine this being true. Not even like True Grit or Stagecoach or something.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, PILGRIMS

Firstly, it's 3am flyover fag :^)

Clint is a strong silent type. Wayne is the cocky swaggering type. Overall I have to go with Wayne. Reasoning is, if they were ever in the same scene together, John Wayne steals the show like he's done his entire career. That's not to say Clint doesn't have a imposing screen presence. It's one of the best. Love or hate him, nobody can compete with John Wayne's screen presence, though. It's generational. That said, I'm not surprised by the responses so far. Most of the people who are drawn to Sup Forums tend to be shyfags and someone like Clint is understandably an easy role model choice for them.

This makes sense to me. I personally prefer John Wayne but that's because my Mom always liked him and his movies. Her favorites were Big Jake, The Cowboys, and The Quiet Man, mine are Big Jake, The Searchers, and Rio Bravo. Not that I don't appreciate that Clint is the better man by far, but Wayne's movies just kinda have a rose-colored tint for me.

Wayne for actor.

Clint for director.

I actually think John Wayne's presence is usually laughable because he's a bad actor but doesn't have the likability to back it up with raw charisma.

Then again, I've always fucking hated John Wayne, so I'm probably biased.

John Wayne was a fag

the hell he was

clint barely spoke in his movies

just like a man should
checked

>Wayne's movies just kinda have a rose-colored tint
agreed, I just saw rio bravo. Comfy and fun but so soft edged you could show it to your grandma or a 5yo kid

so many clint faggots in this thread

clint is okay. but he's no duke

Clint did a few overrated reddit western pastiches in Italy. and went on to become an okay director

Duke was the living embodiment of the USA at the peak of its power

What he portrayed on screen was real manhood. Not basement dweller fantasies.

the evidence is all in this
youtube.com/watch?v=f1ZplGDnXpI

John Wayne was a drunk. The only person who could knock out is himself.

True Grit is pretty shit. John's bests are Liberty Vallance, The Shootist and The Searchers

John Wayne is a cuck
see The man who shot liberty vallance

Literally his best film

>True Grit is pretty shit.
I know, it was just always on Tv in the middle of the day when i was a kid. That and Horse Soldiers, for some reason.

To be fair, both True Grits are pretty shit. The only thing saving the original is Wayne himself, and the only thing saving the remake is the acting (Coen Bros tried to be too mainstream)

Great scene. I think a lot of these Clint fags feel threatened by the Duke. He probably reminds them of the type that bullied them growing up.

Except the character Wayne embodied was no bully. He was fair.

John Wayne was really a woman called Marion. Hollyweird has always been full of Trannies.

The Duke played the original all american Chad. Eastwood played the original animu archetype.

>Eastwood played the original animu archetype.
Holy shit how am I just realizing this?

t. Coastlet

>Marion

t. flyover

pleb: Clint Eastwood

entry level: john wayne

mid level: gary cooper

patrician core: William s hart

Speak up shorty

T. FLYOVER

Japs did it first. Clint's characters were inspired by Mifune.

>coastlet going detective mode

I'll call you Secret Squirrel :)

Holy shit that's pathetic.

ENOUGh