What is best android - kino?

Is chappie any good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=j1p0_R8ZLB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's worth watching if you can tolerate die antword

chappie is probably the strangest movie i've ever seen, mainly because the tone was really confusing and i had to remind myself multiple times during it that it was an actual movie and not some weird die antwoord fan fiction

i still don't understand how/why it got made

Chappie sucks

pretty much this. It has its value, but the message is oversimplified. In general its stupid
Ex machina

Chappie is a fun watch if you like Neil Blomkamp's aesthetic and can tolerate a movie being a complete fucking mess. Die Antwoord are even pretty solid actors in the movie, but the movie can't really decide what tone it wants or even what it wants to be about. It also has some pretty nauseating product placement and a terrible ending.

It's actually not very good but I don't regret watching it and had a decent enough time in the theater. I wouldn't watch it again.

>Chappie
If you are a fan of Die Antwoord, it's somehow fulfilling to see them finally realize their collaboration with Neil Blomkamp. If you aren't a fan or don't know who Die Antwoord are, stay far away. It sucked.

youtube.com/watch?v=j1p0_R8ZLB0

Ex machina sucked

Robocop 1 & 2

It did but it featured Alicia Vikander doing full nude and having a body of 12yo so naturally Sup Forums loves that movie.

It wasn't terrible, but in a sea of movies like Transcendence, Lucy, and Chappie it was a stand-out.

dude the nude scenes made is remarkable

It sucks.
Please watch the following movies for your robotics references :
L'Uomo Meccanico
Frankenstein (Whale)
Der Herr der Welt
Krakatit
The Perfect Woman (1949)
Colossus : the Forbin Project
West World
Buck Rogers in the 25th Century
Blade Runner
Terminator
Robocop
Screamers
The Iron Giant
The Bicentennial Man

That's a start

How Yolandi Visser didn't win best actress for the most convincing depiction of womanhood committed to film in the last decade puzzles me.

>most of that list

>The Bicentennial Man
lol

You already posted it OP

>Is chappie any good

Unfortunatelly not really. Instead of focussing on the robot and the AI it centers around the two guys from Die Antwoord who disappointingly couldn't act for shit in this. The few action scenes are still great, but overall it's a shame and a wasted chance.

Watch Automata. Not saying its best, but its out there and pretty decent. Better than much I've seen in the genre.

>Automata
Good choice. How the fuck did nobody here mention it before

didn't even finish chappie and that rarely happens