ITT : Movies that fucked your shit up as a kid

ITT : Movies that fucked your shit up as a kid

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eKAGruvqYEI
youtu.be/V5XE1rwdzz0
youtube.com/watch?v=ev0NkYfkgYE
youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think that was every 90 kids first experience with spirituality and death all in one film. Its fucking disturbing they marketed a reincarnation movie to 8 year olds, a morbid one at that

>just read the synopsis on wikipedia

What the fuck

This would have fucked me as a kid

One of the only kid movies to also show homeless people actually suffer. Its pretty brutal

I know people always mention Watership Down but Fluke's themes stick with you. Hell im almost 30 and it fucks me up today

It has a happy ending, man up.

Fuck you Krager. I usually hate you just for tripfagging but an end does not justify the means. Most horror movies have a good end but thay doesnt excuse the tragedies in the middle. How dare they kill off the nicest homeless lady in film so cruely youtu.be/eKAGruvqYEI

Holy shid

>The story centers on a mutt puppy (a golden retriever, played by dog actor Buddy) named Fluke (voiced by Sam Gifaldi), who has flashing memories and dreams of having lived a human life. After being taken to a pound and eventually escaping, he is raised by an elderly homeless woman named Bella (Collin Wilcox Paxton), who gives him the name Fluke, stating that he is "a fluke by nature, and by name."

>After Bella dies of an illness due to poor conditions, Fluke befriends a street-wise St. Bernard-like dog named Rumbo (voiced by Samuel L. Jackson) who takes him to see a man named Bert (Bill Cobbs) who feeds Fluke and Rumbo. Fluke matures into an adult dog (now voiced by Matthew Modine) and eventually realizes that he was once a man named Thomas P. Johnson (also portrayed by Matthew Modine), who died in a car crash.

>Fluke is then abducted by a man named Sylvester (Ron Perlman) to be used in animal experiments at a cosmetics company. During his captivity, Rumbo comes to the rescue, and Rumbo is shot by Sylvester, as he and Fluke escape. A dying Rumbo tells Fluke that the black-and-white snapshot of a man in a sailor suit on Bert's wall was him. He also states that when he was a human, Bert was his brother and that he wishes to smell the sea again, suggesting that he died in the line of duty.

>After Rumbo's death, Fluke seeks out his wife Carol (Nancy Travis) and son Brian (Max Pomeranc) and reunites with them as their dog. Fluke tries to show them who he once was. He suspects that his human death was caused by his former business partner Jeff Newman (Eric Stoltz) and viciously attacks him when he comes home, and ends up getting put outside. During his life as a dog, he gets to know his family better and bitterly realizes that he was an emotionally distant workaholic.

I actually like this film now but I watched it when I was 8 and it gave me a few nightmares.

I mean, Watership Down is kind of a meme for fucking up kids but most never even knew about it.

FUCK THAT SHIT

Every time I saw the DVD at blockbuster I fucking panicked

Guess I was one of the lucky few then. My ma knew I loved animals so she got it for obvious reasons. Turned the shit off when I started crying during the burrow invasions

The cover doesn't even begin to describe how uncanny valley the entire film was.

youtu.be/V5XE1rwdzz0

I cried like a little bish after this movie, I just marathoned it (speed x2)

THANK GOD I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO GOT FREAKED OUT BY FLUKE! I thought I was the only one.

I seriously wondered if my Dog was a reincarnated person after watching it. Keep in mind I was probably 6 when I saw it.

This fucking nightmarish fever dream hellride right here
What the fuck man

The Artstyle for James and Giant Peach was so disturbing to me I refused to see it when my mom had rented it.

I remember seeing this on blockbuster and wondering if it was the same movie as the horror film youtube.com/watch?v=ev0NkYfkgYE

This was creepy as shit too.

me too , especially during that snowy graveyard scene

I've seen this but I have absolutely no recollection of where or when. Fucking nightmare of a film

Glad I didn't see this. It's sad as fuck.

I can understand why it bombed in theaters.

You should re-watch it. I did recently.

It's so different of The Wizard of Oz but still good. It's questionably suitable for children, however.

youtube.com/watch?v=-UfsEj7AOGI
This fucking scene.

Damn I miss all these dark family movies

the only thing i remember watching as a kid that fucked me up was Aliens, with the little kid wandering around the spaceship and that one room with all the genetic experiments, and the cyborg with his white blood. I literally put my sheets over my head when i watched it. i was like 7 yrs old.