Future Cult Classics

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bKRxDP--e-Y
youtu.be/y2SqNx2wSns
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Ok i loved the movie and i'd be the first to defend it, but are we in the middle of a full on shill rn? Or is someone trying to discredit it by making it look like a shill?

yes yes very well however

pretty alpha honestly. He's a huge spergo but fair play for making the move

I've been shilling this film when its limited run was over. It was fun teasing others about a kino they could not watch.

But it's a full on shill by now. It's a kino from /our guy/ starring /our gal/ and 3 other waifus.

its an act. A friend of mine used to babysit his kids and she says he's not as big an asshole when media isnt around.

>It's a kino from /our guy/ starring /our gal/ and 3 other waifus.
Yeah, all the ingredients are there. It's a shame, cause people should be turned on to this, and not off of it.

>refn's power blanket

>mfw I'm just gonna take the free (You) anyway
I'M UNFUCKABLE

returned your (You). Enjoy the second one too.

this is now an elle thread

No

OGF, on the other hand

>that bit of tongue

>future
he's a cult director already, this isn't a bold statement

Nah. This movie had no legs. It kept trying to have legs. Kept trying to build to that point everyone expected to be coming. Instead it kind of just releases a really squeaky fart in place of an actual climax.

No

It will be a field in england

My guess would be:

The Neon Demon
Spring Breakers
Enter the Void
Krampus
Drive
Melancholia
Under the Skin
Tangerine
Pain & Gain
Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift
Beyond the Black Rainbow
Room 237
Black Swan
Bad Lieutenant: Port Call of New Orleans
The Wickerman (Nick Cage version)
Only God Forgives
In Bruges
Miami Vice (2006)
Lost River
A Field in England
The Dark Knight Rises (if people continue to appreciate its "offness")

*Nic Cage

>Lost River
Soulless work.Goose should stick to acting.
>In Bruges
New generation annons just getting into movies.
Overrated and repetitive script wise.
>Pain & Gain
Also new generation just getting into movies.
>Spring Breakers
Too self centered to be taken seriously.

>a field in england
That film was so fucking good.

this, more underrated movie of the last decade

good list user

I'm not asking for your judgment of those movies, I'm saying they'll probably develop followings. Cult movies aren't necessary great, they're just distinct somehow. Maybe really bad, maybe odd, maybe crazy or funny.

Point taken.

That's already a cult classic, though.

serious lack of horror. otherwise its a good list

Inherent Vice definitely

Most of the stuff mentioned in this thread is cult or on its way to being so.

cult movie =/= cult classic

just a few off the top of my head that I just saw recently

The Witch
The Wailing
Cube

youtube.com/watch?v=bKRxDP--e-Y

Oh yeah I had meant to put more horror.

Although, even as much as I'm really into horror, a lot of more recent horror has all kind of blurred together for me.

good film, surprisingly enjoyable

i luv it

Blair witch (2016)

Is there any chance of The Hobbit films getting a so-bad-it's-good following?

Or are they too awful to even stomach in that way?

There's only 2 or 3 so bad it's good scenes in like 9 hours of film

Terrible film featuring pointless animal cruelty and ham-handed themes. It was shot well and has a track by Portishead on it, otherwise crap.

Burn After Reading

Man Down and American Honey

Who in the world would voluntarily put their face that close to a literal fart-spewing poop-filled butt? Gross!

Does the movie get any better after the half way point? Jesus it was so fucking boring I couldn't finish it

>Jesus it was so fucking boring I couldn't finish it
You plebs are really never going to stop saying this, right?

love both of these.

simon killer

A REAL HUMAN BEAN

He hit the reflection theme a little too many times on the nose.

no. that movie sucked balls. it will be forgotten.

Snowpiercer

BvS: Ultimate Cut
Lone Ranger
John Carter
EXTRO
Black Rainbow
Brothers Grimsby

The age of classics are over

I only like the first one (Gollum scene was good), and I liked the second one's first half but that's about it. I'm still mad the hobbit movies turned out really bad.

Under the Skin
Enemy
The Strange Color of Your Body's Tears
OGF

youtu.be/y2SqNx2wSns
Haven't seen it yet, but wanted to post it too.

tru dat

I´M GONNA FIGHT EM OFF
A SEVEN NATION AMY COULDN´T HOLD ME BACK

In Bruges is literally a bajillion peoples favorite movie, its more like a low budget masterpiece imo.

I kinda think the OP is closer to a cult movie, it needs to have some offputting scene that makes you WTF or be angry, like that one infamous scene in Neon Demon that is what made normies fall on the side of hating that movie.

In Bruges is just delicious.

Sorry, not trying to blast you but adding my 2 cents about the nature of what I felt a Cult Movie was.

Also Cult Movies don't need to be disturbing per se with gore or sexuality but just awkward is enough like Lost Highway or Blue Velvet has that... degenerate creepy mood throughout but not that graphic.

In a valley of violence
Spring breakers
Coldfish
Ex drummer
A cure for wellness

Mark my words. I knew it would be later on when I first saw it upon release.

>Cube
just posting to warn anyone who is considering watching the sequels
please do not watch the sequels

pretty meh compared to the musical with the same name and story

mmhm nootka yes?

Nine Lives
Kuso

Kubo and the Two Strings
Jellyfish Eyes
Batman v Superman
maybe even Suicide Squad desu

Yea I saw one reviewer said Cure for Wellness will probably be MASSIVELY moving to teenagers, plebs, etc. who just wander in and aren't super aware of Bava, Lynch, Hammer, the Shining and the other shit it's aping and I think that's probably true.

If Wellness is your intro to stylish, artsy, psychological weirdo horror you'll probably love it but anyone who can see how it just waters down or combines elements from superior works is unimpressed.

>Fast & The Furious: Tokyo Drift

MDE: World peace

when it first dropped i would've said sucker punch, now i'm not so sure but i haven't seen it since

off the top of my head i'd also say snatch and in bruges

I saw this while high with no knowledge of the vidya. My jaw was pretty much on the floor.

Just a complete load of nonsense in every way. Like if the dreams of an entire crew of DnD players was somehow carefully and precisely brought to life with millions of dollars of state of the art technology. I didn't even love or hate it, I was just baffled and how someone would pay for this or approve any of this.

This movie is like what I imagine execs were TERRIFIED LotR would turn out to be.

you don't get to make a classic if you set out to make one, drive was twice the movie

THANKS FOR SOME YOUS

This was the best Trek movie since Star Trek 6 but it really got overshadowed by the production problems, the shitty trailer and nu-Chekov's death.

I'm assuming Trek fans will only appreciate it more over time.

I forgot what this movie is about but i remember i loved the fuck out of the aesthetics

easily the best of the three new Trek films, really captured some of the essence of what made Star Trek great from the beginning.

I loved this shot for shot and most of the way scenes were framed, but what tore me away from it was the attempt at a really deep narrative when it didnt need to go that direction

>it was the attempt
>attempt
Not to be a dick here but if you knew anything about the director there is no attempt at anything this is his first and last movie.

No offense taken, I'm just making a critique about what I watched and regardless of background of the director, the design of the narrative left you wanting more meat. Still a goat film

i tried to watch this movie, i fell asleep. but from what i remember it was pretty cool and had a great sound track.

Give it another try when you feel up to it.
I fell asleep on the new Jason Borne recently.

Wasn't that remap of Training Day?
Its basically the same movie through and through.

>REMAKE*

Great cast very entertaining. Some very enjoyable stupid twist and turns. Awful jesse pinkman and winslet performances. Seems to have a little internet following on ptp. I really enjoyed it

If it's anything like Training Day I'll have to check it out. Great film, I'd love to see another like it.

this movie was trash but it looked stellar

Not him but it was pretty solid up until the point they decided they HAVE TO HAVE action packed second act and resistance and all that shit.

Dirty cops. Foreign country after a character... Its pretty similar. No gives a denzel or hawke performance. But i really love casey and woody

>Miami Vice
HAHAHAHAA

Miami Vice 06 was fucking sick... your just a fucking pleb. One of Micheal Manns most beautiful films

You can barely understand most of the dialogue, the HD video camcorder meme makes it look like complete shit and the over seriousness dark tone did not work with the plot at all. (Serious undercover cop driving around a fucking Ferrari for example) it wasn't awful but it's my least favourite Mann film by a large margin

>Black Hat Fanboi Detected