THE SCOOP ON THE DIRECTOR STRUGGLES IN THE DCEU

>Splash Report ran a comprehensive history of the DC Extended Universe's problem with hiring directors, and there was one particular case that the publication seems to think played an important part to Matt Reeves ultimately signing on the dotted line to shepherd The Batman into cinematic birth. As it turns out, James Wan's hiring to direct Aquaman came with a pretty important stipulation ensuring the father of The Conjuring franchise would play ball: total creative control. Now, as you can see in the DCEU, getting that assurance is as hard as pulling The Joker's teeth, and Reeves' initial pass on the offer was because Warner Bros thought they could stand their ground and keep their hands on the wheel.

>Of course, seeing as The Batman now officially has Matt Reeves as its director in charge, Warner Bros. has allegedly relented, reverting back to its pre-release attitude of laissez-faire filmmaking that tinted Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice's early days. At least, that's what one would think, considering the public's reaction to both Zack Snyder's first DCEU entry, as well as the "Academy Award Winning" Suicide Squad, was less than stellar. Not to mention, the constant stream of directors leaving projects like The Flash have left the future of DC Comics' shared universe in serious question. A change is needed, and allowing someone like Matt Reeves to build his own version of The Batman is a good step in the right direction.

Have they learned their lesson Sup Forums?

Are we about to enter the age of DC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xRUDo0YOuj4
youtube.com/watch?v=s4Xw_7BUXic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Have they learned their lesson Sup Forums?

No.

>Are we about to enter the age of DC?

No.

Those are the directors that Warner Bros. has had trouble keeping on board for their DC Extended Universe (DCEU) projects.

MacLaren was going to direct Wonder Woman, then left over “creative differences” (April 2015)

Grahame-Smith was going to write and direct The Flash, then left over “creative differences” (April 2016)

Famuyiwa was going to co-write and direct The Flash, then left over “creative differences” (October 2016)

Affleck was going to co-write and direct The Batman, then abruptly dropped out (January 2017)

Reeves was in talks to take over for Affleck on The Batman, then he withdrew from those negotiations. A week later, he officially signed on (February 2017)

This entire article makes no sense
>DC were trying to be too over-bearing turning off directors since they clearly don't know what they're doing
>so they're going back to the hands-off approach that ruined Batman v Superman and Suicide Squad supposedly
>hopefully this will fix the DCEU

This is some insane mental gymnastics
Just get Snyder to direct everything. There, fixed

So they'll relent over Reeves, but not Affleck? Seems like they needlessly created some bad blood that could still sink this effort.

>>Have they learned their lesson Sup Forums?
Hell no
>>Are we about to enter the age of DC?
Only with a total reboot, senpai

>Have they learned their lesson Sup Forums?
Snyder and Goyer are still in their payroll.
maybe Aquaman might be good since Wan has complete control and that guy knows how to direct and make an entertaining movie.

this is the dumbest fucking thing I've ever read

they sent live by night to die so they could own afflecki

>Academy Award Winning" Suicide Squad,

The author tried to use it ironically which made no sense because it won its oscar for real fair and square

More Fake news against DC

Im honestly sick of "The Batman". Every day there are news about this film as if it were a hot celebrity to make up gossips about. Matt Reeves is a pretty competent guy but they shouldve put him in charge of The Flash or Shazam or other NEW trash that DC wants to suceed at. Fuck Batman. Fuck Bob Kane.

>Just get Snyder to direct everything. There, fucked.

Fixed for you

what you need to understand is that as long as Batman is a license to print money it will always get the biggest push, it's pretty much why BvS happened in the wake of Man of Steel's "failure", when in trouble break glass for Batman.

>Im honestly sick of "The Batman".
Ben Affleck agree with you.

doesn't matter as long as there are quips

it's hard for people to process

if a movie is bad, then there can't be anything good in it, right? and then it goes and wins an oscar? their brains just broke. It's like back when the soundtrack was selling well.

>Snyder direct everything
Are you a moron?

I don't think Affleck left due to "creative differences"

>Fuck Batman
Butthurt Superfag.

Stop talking about capeshit ffs

Sup Forums is /cape/

>Just get Snyder to direct everything. There, fixed
Why don't you ask the menendez brothers to take care of your parents while you're at it

BUT MUH OSCAR!!!!!1111

Reminder : Wan hired the band Goblin to do the entire soundtrack for Aquaman

Get hyped

(Also those guys that left the Flash were all fucking awful)

I've been hearing this for YEARS here, why would ANYTHING be different in the capeshit aspect? people have settled on marvel

why has CIA been shooped out? has he been cut from the final movie?

This. What the fuck are these retards talking about? It's pretty obvious that WB is giving full creative control to directors and writers of each respective movie, and they get fucking destroyed for it. I want america nuked.

marvel cucks cant deal with real men like those in the DECU which is why they so salty

>Matt Reeves

that looks more like a tent than a dome

>Just get Snyder to direct everything. There, fixed

With Snyder, no one will see this lot of curves like that on DCEU

do me not dome idiot

Apparently Reeves said he would only direct it if WB guaranteed they wouldn't meddle with the movie

So I guess he will be leaving soon

What I dont get is why fuck with the movies?

I know execs are just bean counters but do they not know that BvS and SS was going to make money anyway, why meddle and fuck the movie over and waste more cash?

they're rushing nightwing into production so they can replace affleck, who is keen to ankle the batman role asap, that tells you all you need to know about the state of DCEU

I've got a tent, if you know what I mean

No. People don't want capeshit movies where directors build their own versions of characters. MoS is proof of that.

They want a rigid, CEO-approved, cookie-cutter movie that doesn't take them out of their safe space. The problem is, the executive meddling in BvS and SS happened after the projects were already underway, so instead of becoming the executively-mandated capeshit that people love, they just became messes.

WB will have to reboot the entire universe and shamelessly copy Marvel from step 1 if they want any notoriety.

they want DC movies to go on for years like marvel and after the first two movies were hated by critics and audiences to the point where everyone is freaking out over the oscar win they felt that maybe giving the directors complete control isn't the best idea to make a lasting franchise

Don't worry , my inside source at WB has said we are about to witness the Birth "THICCKino"

Mos was a shit flick.

>MoS is proof of that

Its proof that studios should stop hiring the manchild that is Zack Snyder

This.

this x1000

>Reminder : Wan hired the band Goblin to do the entire soundtrack for Aquaman

any notable tracks?

Zack is the only redeeming thing about Dceu. His style is what drives it.

>Directors leaving over artistic differences

okay with this. This just means DC wants non-hacks.

>muh marvel also fires people
yeah, and all marvel movies are shit except the ang lee hulk, tobeyman and blade 2.

Snyder needs to direct everything tbqh

youtube.com/watch?v=xRUDo0YOuj4

youtube.com/watch?v=s4Xw_7BUXic

Zack is hack, his movies don't have any substance, and there's nothing visionary about him, as a director his style is of mediocre tv quality, his abuse of chroma key shows that he's an imitator who abuses of what others have used used wisely.

cheers, big ears.

>Wan hired the band Goblin to do the entire soundtrack for Aquaman

Source?

I see nothing

>Apparently Reeves said he would only direct it if WB guaranteed they wouldn't meddle with the movie
If this is actually the case then good on him
The cuts in both Suicide Squad and BvS were beyond stupid and the exec that forced them should be fired on the spot

I hope Reeves has an iron-clad contract

so no?

WB is filled with retards, expect them to fuck up one way or another. The only ones that are actually worse than WB is Sony.

>another anti-DCEU "article"
DCEU gets worse press than Donald Trump during the election.

I wish Snyder could direct everything, but the guy's gotta sleep sometime.

>(Also those guys that left the Flash were all fucking awful)
>he didn't want to see the Black Lives Matter Flash flick

DC won an oscar in three movies, something Marvel cannot do in 16 movies no matter how many quips they add in or how many shills Disney buys.

So who the fuck cares, Marvel buys the reviews while DC wins the actual awards. They don't need to change shit.

>DC wins the actual awards

>they don't need to change shit
well, in that case RIP DCEU.

I actually meant that Seth guy : he's awful
Fujiyama Mama might have been okay, I never saw his colored person movie. Seems like doing an effects heavy flick might have been too much
Should just get the original director of Ant Man to do it and Geoff Jones write the script

Strange thing is that when I compare male vs. female training, it's all DC.

Marvel's established BW and America, for instance, have an obvious fit gap. When you compare Supe's to WW there's no fucking contest. All it takes to shut some faggot or tumblerina down is to compare the two. If they do somehow keep arguing, I just google Bale's transformations vs. any actresses. The only one that even stands a chance is Beil, and she's likely too far out to come back for a franchise like these. Like all greats, she gives no fucks.

>Splash Report
Riiiiiggghhhhttt....

Why so mad?