Witcher Movie 2017

So what's up with this? I haven't heard any news in a while about it. Does Sup Forums think it's possible for it to be good?

At least it won't have the curse of video game movies considering it'll be based off the books

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo
youtu.be/rPqKqTdkh4E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

they are waiting for Idris Elba's schedule to free up so he can take the role of Geralt

me on the left

You know that would almost be worth it purely to see Poland's reaction.

Picks for triss, yen and cirri?

Her nose is weird

No!

Do you think they will cast nonwhites in roles, even though one of the most impressive things about The Witcher is its authenticity and realism?

I can't wait for the time when all the trissfags get hopelessly btfo

This

Apparently things happen now but no info has been released as of yet.
The movie will be pushed to 2018 if not 2019 though. There is a lot of potential in the franchise though I'm not too convinced about Baginski's involvement. He's not that good of director.

>movie
It would work better as a tv series.

The movie is also supposed to be a pitch for the tv stations.

Ciri > Shani > Keira > Triss > Philippa > Dandelion > The Ladies of the Woods > >>> Zoltan > Emhyr >>>>>>> DIjkstra's Troll (Bort?) >>>>> Yen

Yeah I don't expect it to be released in 2017 as advertised, I just wanted to make sure it's still happening

Can't beat the original

Fuck you

Yen is best, BEST

Based on the Baginski's activity on social media it's definitely happening but he can't disclose anything.

You kidding? Of course they will.

Yen is literally an old hag

>Do you think they will cast nonwhites in roles

I hope not lad, even LOTR did pretty well in that respect

Wogs OUT

It's based on the striga story and the curse of the black sun one right?

yep

Trissfags LEAVE
she's an evil manipulative cunt who takes advantage of Geralt's lost memory

Whilst Yennefer is Geralts one true love. Even he says so

Based off of lesser evils from The Last Wish book

Which means if it's succesfull (and with 30mil budget it will be) we'll get around 10 witcher movies.

I'm not a Trissfag. I'm a Cirifag.

Yet Hobbit didn't, you know the Witcher is going to bet blacked

Actually, I read somewhere that the movie is supposed to initiate a series. Kind of like a show pitch

>PG-13

How? It will literally be produced in Poland with Polish extras and secondary characters.
And I don't think they have the balls to make Geralt or Dandelion black.
Anyway, just before the premiere there will be controversy (free marketing) about it for sure.

Hope not.i Remember reading somewhere that it's meant to be incredibly gory

The main thing about Baginski I'm afraid of is his pleb taste in movies.

is witcher the new berserk ?
Mediocre source material and shitty adaptations that reddit fawns over because they are edgy kids who want to seem adult

>game about following circles and using batman vision

i can't fucking wait especially if they downgrade graphics again while rendering

>Does Sup Forums think it's possible for it to be good?
no

especially fucking cgi dragon

youtube.com/watch?v=jg6bz4x8Rvo

>mediocre source material

Literally a cultural phenomenon in Poland, the books are considered good in general.

>shitty adaptations

The 2nd and 3rd games are considered some of the best RPGs in history.
You can keep calling things Reddit because they're popular if you want, I'm not here to stop you

Yen is best grill. Please delete this post and close your account.

I think the fact It'll be in English is a little hinky, as it won't express the Slavic atmosphere of the universe quite well. Frankly, I was hoping for an animation; Bagiński does them quite well

I hope Charlie Hunnam plays Geralt

*1% of the game

They introduced these mechanics so that they wouldn't have to switch to a cutscene every time Gerald used his Witcher Senses to hunt down a monster

>ad populum

The books are garbage, I'd know, I bought and read them, probably the worst fantasy I read that wasn't written by a woman, and only the first game is an RPG, 2&3 are mediocre action adventure, 3 is literally Arkham City in medieval poland.

>it won't express the Slavic atmosphere of the universe quite well
It's fine, the scenery will be all run down Slavic villages and medieval towns.

>Frankly, I was hoping for an animation; Bagiński does them quite well
It would need to have 3x the budget

>3 is literally Arkham City in Poland

This comment alone is proof that you don't know what you're talking about. The only similarity with the Arkham games is the Witcher senses, which again, is rarely in the game.

As for the books, I guess you're at a loss, sorry that the majority disagrees with you

The scenery will do, but the language won't convey Sapkowski's style, i.e. tendency to overuse Polish curses and analogies to Polish culture. The games lacked spiciness in dialogues.

Witcher 3 combat is literally Batman combat.

He has right about how shitty is the ad populum argument though.

Geralt-Mads
Triss-gemma artertron
Yennifer-Yvonne Strahvoski
ciri-elle fanning

Are you fucking dumb

Mads is too old.

Are you ?

even worse

YOURE TOO OLD

not at all. It's more akin to an easier dark souls if anything

no u

A mediocre batman clone in a medieval setting what can go wrong.

>two button combat system
>like dark souls
Pick one, the game was a easy as fuck even on Death March, the only hard fight was the vampire on the last dlc

no it's not, it's literally textbook Batman style combat, it's the exact same system, maybe with a dedicated roll button; either you're clinically retarded or you don't know what you're talking about

Using Xbox controller for example
>LT:hold for block, tap on time for counter
>RT:use equipped sign
>B: sidestep
>A: double tap for a dodge-roll
>X: light attack
>Y: heavy attack
>RB: tap to use equipped item

Seems like more than two buttons to me

>Sup Forums is already here shitting on a game because contrarianism is so powerful

This is Sup Forums. Want to shitpost about Witcher 3? Go to Sup Forums. As for the film....

>Geralt
Tom Hardy.

>Yen
Claudia Black

>Triss
Karen Gillan

>Ciri
Fuck knows.

Is it doing the video games or is it a remake of the TV series or a remake of the film?

It's based off of the Last Wish book

Cool, didn't mean to sound literal still no where near as in depth as dark souls. Its got mass effect style RPG mechanics with a similar combat system to the Arkham games except you use a sword instead of your fists. Not a bad game but definitely not the GOAT like people claim

Mmmm, Kaer Morhen, mhmm, killing monsters.

youtu.be/rPqKqTdkh4E
Yeah fuckin sick dude you knocked it put of the fuckin park

Because this is a film and not a video game? People shitpost about Witcher 3 cause it has 'shit gameplay'. Yet when a game like, I dunno, Horizon comes out, nobody complains that it's bad in ALL areas.

Combat won't be a problem because this is a film. The strength of the game were graphics, story, characters, music, voice acting, art style, creature design etc. So there shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'd be excited if it wasn't for these vidya movies always sucking serious ass.

This

It won't be a vidya movie. Based off the books

There's a lot to live about the Witcher. Just got through the books and was enamoured with the world.

I hope that they keep it as authentic as possible, should it ever me made. That means people classically associated with Poland and it's surrounding areas, (I'm black, not that should matter.) As I think think the source material best served by being as authentic as possible.

If you want to shoehorn coloured people in, the only way that works would be when Ciri or the wild hunt go world hopping. If it's only that I could find it agreeable.

Exactly. Geralt is gruff as fuck, I think Hardy would do well.

Well The Last Wish is like 3 different stories all combined I believe. The Princess one, the field one and the djinn one.

Shit, I forgot about that for a second. Still, it's undoubtedly because of the video games' success that the movie is happening though.

>>Geralt
>Tom Hardy
Patrician choice

Don't forget the snow white one, and the beauty and the beast one

That's why I always assumed a film would just do The Witcher 1 story. You got a middle eastern guy (who is a faggot as well) in Azar Javed... but the REAL bad guy is a white male. So doing that would be much better imo.

thanks for proving me right

literally the worst book, holy shit

nobody tries to pretend Horizon Zero Dawn is the best game ever, TW3 has worse writing than 2, a garbage story, a shitty open world ant Batman-style core mechanics

Agreed

Idris elba is going to be cast as geralt, sorry breh

He also could pull off Slavic look.
Anyway he probably gets paid like 30mil per movie so he's out of the question as that would be the whole budget.

It's going to be based off of the Lesser Evils story I believe

Not want to hold and keep Ciri safe. Kys

E V A

Literally every game is 'Batman style' now. It seems to either be "Dark Souls clone" or "Batman Clone". Combat in TW3 is serviceable. Cheesing with Igni doesn't make the combat bad. This is the same as playing "Stab the back first" in Dark Souls.

iirc I heard that as well. It was my favorite short story of the book as well, so that's fine by me.

Naw Claudia Black. Pretty sure they have the same voice as well. Or similar.

>November 6th, 2015
It's dead, Jim.

every game doing it doesn't make it ok when it's shit

Don't get me wrong I think Idris is a great actor. I could even see him as a great gunslinger. He's got the gruffness. And he'll probably do a good job.

But him being black literal destroys a huge part of the plot and develop integral to his group. It makes no sense

>Geralt
Charlie Hunnam

>Yen
Eva Greene

>Ciri
Emma Watson as much as it pains me to say it

>Does Sup Forums think it's possible for it to be good?

Given that people have threatened to kill the Polish dude who wrote the books because it's a totally white (ancient European/Polish) society.

I imagine both SJW's AND Sup Forums will be furious over how Hollywood tries to address the fact it's written as a white universe.

But it's made by Polish production company

I imagine they'd want some distribution though.

8.5/10 pretty good Geralt

7/10 might have the look. But I don't think she has the acting chops to do it justice.

2/10 please try again.

I bet the combat scenes are gonna be fantastic if they stick to the source material.

>different fighting techniques for different enemies
>have to learn attack patterns of different monsters to know when to attack them
>human enemy combat is built around defencive sword play
>monsters are to be dodged with two types of dodges (A button/B button)
>side step a big attack and you get hit, roll away and you'll miss your opening
>Several different signs give you combat effectiveness, knowing which sign for which monster is a huge help
>potions and oils for your swords can be made to tailor to a specific enemy

>>no where near as in depth as dark souls.
Fuck off Soulsfag, you're no longer a special snowflake of the gaming world, take your ugly ass looking, plot lacking game and leave

Good taste

That's why they work with Sean Daniels.
And with the marketability of Witcher name, the movie is easily going to make profit.

>Eva Green
>don't think she has the acting chops
*mhm at you*

Emma has the voice and the looks if you giver her contacts and hair dye, it really does pain me that she's such an entitled bitch.

Is Charlie Hunnam even B-list at this point? Will he ever work again? He kinda sucks at acting. At some point in Season 3 or 4 he actually drops his accent and starts speaking in whatever the fuck his accent is sometimes when he's at the table.