Which X-Men films are currently canon?

Which X-Men films are currently canon?

If I want to get into the upcoming movies, can I just start at First Class?

Don't bother it's not worth it. I'm being serious. Just watch Deadpool and Logan. The X-Men canon is nonsensical. First Class isn't even that great.

They all are.
It's just Logan goes back in time to save everyone.

They tried to soft reboot it with Days of Future Past but then they already fucked that up when apocalypse came out.

Fox doesn't give a shit, you shouldn't give a shit, take each film as it is, and most of them are bad.

first class was the best

and i will fist fight any man that says otherwise

I dont really wanna sit through 7 movies but I dont wanna be confused when I watch Logan

Wolverine Origins then First Class then Days of Future Past

Timeline splits after that

Apocalypse then The Wolverine then Deadpool then Logan iirc

or

X1-3

X1, X2 and Logan

Nothing to be confused bout.
Everyone is dead and Logan is old.
That's all you need to know.

no dumbass

Wolverine orgins is in the X1 - X3 timeline only

All of them. Kinda. The original 3 and origins (if it's isn't disowned, I think I heard it was at one point) are real and happened in the Universe. You can treat them as canon since without them DOFP and Apocalypse couldn't exist. First Class is canon regardless of timeline, and I believe The Wolverine and Logan are canon in the current timeline.

Origins isn't apart of any canon, they just pretended that didn't exist because it was so bad.

Origins is in the original timeline. The new timeline has Wolverine escaping from captivity because of Jean.

The movies don't follow each other very close, don't really need to watch any of them.

everything before vietnam in that scene happened before first class, so wouldn't it chronologically be the first one to watch?

This. You can drop in anywhere and be completely fine. Only exception is x2 to x3 but even though you wouldn't be too lost.

>that beast makeup

*breathes in*

HAHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA JUST HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

X1: 9/10
X2: 10/10
X3: 5/10
XOW: 3/10
XFC: 7/10
TW: 6/10
XDFP: 9/10
DP: 6/10
XA: 4/10

I feel like Wolverine made this thread because after going back in time and all that crap he has too much to keep track of himself.

If I was to watch First Class, Days of Future past and Apocalypse, would that be acceptable, or should I watch The Wolverine too?

The things that happen before Vietnam, sure. You can watch that. But it's not very long. Everything after that is affected by DOFP.

Watch whatever the fuck you want. None of it matters and none of it makes sense. Think of it like the capeshit version of 007. Sometimes there's continuity, sometimes there's not.

Origins is not really consistent with any timeline honestly. In X2 Stryker was a military scientist while in Origins he's just a random major. And in X2 Wolverine getting his adamantium claws was presented as bloody and horrifying unlike in Origins.

>If I want to get into the upcoming movies, can I just start at First Class?

just watch X-Men 1, 2 3, DOFP then Logan?

You don't need to watch the standalone Wolverine movies unless you just want to. Origins is shit and not relevant to the current story at all. The Wolverine is fun but ultimately meaningless. Logan is probably useful for future entries but that's to be seen.

You only need to watch X1-X3 if you want to completely understand DOFP, but there's not much you need to know. Still, X1 and X2 are enjoyable enough that it might be worth watching.

Technically speaking the only movies necessary to completely understand the current X-Men universe are FC, DOFP, Apocalypse, and maybe Logan. Deadpool is currently not connected with the others, just loosely.

If you disregard some of the inconsistencies Origins fits into the original storyline sort of. But it's easier to just ignore it, for sure.

Watch FC. It is the first movie in either timeline and it has a lot of really great moments.

Apocalypse should also probably be watched. The seeds for what's happening in Logan will be sewn in the flashback movies we're getting. It's not that great but it could be a lot worse.

Wolverine is the only Character in Logan who has the knowledge from both timelines (First Class - all Future Scenes from DoFP, except the last one where he wakes up/ all past scenes in DoFP including the last scene where he wakes up - Logan), so watch all movies.

>so watch all movies

Yes except for X3, origins, and apocalypse