Now that the dust has settled...

Now that the dust has settled, can we confidently assert that he was one of the worst Oscars host in the history of the awards?

Most if not all of his attempts at jokes fell completely flat and sometimes didn't even elicit forced pity laughs from the atendees. His attempts at injecting some excitement like the candy, the normal people entering the stage and tweeting at Donald Trump also fell flat as fuck and were more confusing than entertaining.

Ellen Degeneres and Chris Rock's Oscars were garbage too, but the hosting at least had some sort of common thread/overarching theme that made the experience coherent. In this case the things happening were all over the place and when it didn't work he was just like "heh I'm just doing this ironically anyway, amirite guys *unfunnily insults a celebrity*".

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBZj7qIOAE8
youtube.com/watch?v=PkjLMWS3U4Q
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

This guy has given up on life.

Was mostly funny. 7/10

FOR YOU

fuck off Sup Forums

thanks reddit for reporting in

Are you implying NPH's unfunny magic trick that no one laughed at was better?

Kimmel did a fine job, much better than fucking NPH and Chris Rock.

This.

Edit: thanks for the gold kind sir!

DRUMPF

>jokes to sweedish guy about there being problems in sweden
>doesn't realize there were riots and a subway chemical attack outside stockholm

and the Best Picture award goes to...

The only joke that wasn't funny was the Trump tweet thing, fell flat

>OJ is getting an extra slice of bologna on his sandwich tonight!

Kimmel did a great job. Not sure what more you want from a host.

god nph oscars were such shit

They should let Seth Macfarlane do it again.

He was the best since Steve Martin/Baldwin in 2010

.>mfw i don't get it?

Never watched NPH, what was do bad about it?

the style of his performance during the evening contributed to the clusterfuck at the end

DUDE MAHERSHALA ALI HAS A FUNNY NAME LMAO

DUDE CANDY LMAO

DUDE I'M TWEETING AT DONALD TRUMP LMAO

DUDE CANDY AGAIN LMAO

DUDE RANDOM PLEBS OFF THE STREET LMAO

DUDE CANDY LMAO HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN ABOUT THE CANDY LMAO

DUDE PLS RESPOND TRUMP LMAO

Who was a good Oscar host?

>Franco & Hathaway
>DeGeneres
>NPH
>Chris Rock
Fuck right off.

best host ever was probably Carson

don't fall for the Billy Crystal meme

Norm when?

He was 10 times better than Chris, Ellen, NPH and James and Anne. I hope they have him present again.

and mcfarlane too

steve martin

>James and Ann
Jesus what were they thinking? He was baked out of his mind

user plz host next oscars

A youtuber,
probably Matthew Santoro will be the next host

youtube.com/watch?v=kBZj7qIOAE8

I got the impression that like halfway through the ceremony Franco just said "fuck it" and halfassed the rest of the night, as if he could realize how shit it was. Hathaway on the other hand was trying way too hard so that combination came off awkward as fuck.

jimmy kimmel reminds me of just some random guy at a bar making jokes, he's so terribly average

This.

I liked him a lot actually. His Trump jokes weren't great but overall he handled it pretty well.

Monologue was good, Damon jokes good for the most part. Bringing in randos off the street was so obviously staged and fucking awful that it was absurd. Cookies and shit from the ceiling was OK i guess. The way that he handled the entire ending situation was about as much as anyone could have asked for, he had decent wit and self-depricated till the end which was the right move.

All in all, the Academy could have done much worse. Gained a little respect for Kimmel actually.

he wasn't great but at least he wasn't Ellen Degeneres tier.

The surprised tourists bit was painful to sit through. Justin Timberlake opening was cheap. everything else was acceptably average.

people who bash kimmel are the same people who praise conan

>Says something factual slowly
>*gestures to audience to find it funny*

Why do people find this idiot funny or entertaining?

your point?

Conan is naturally funny.

All that matters is that Trump was wrong. Iran could nuke Israel but if Trump gets one detail of the attack wrong, THAT'S the headline:

TRUMP THINKS IRAN IS WEST OF ISRAEL - CAN WE JUST IMPEACH HIM YET???

>And now an actress so cute, you could eat her up With-a-spoon
>Audience loudly groaning

>WHODA FUCK IS JUDE LAW

>the answer to your question mister speaker, is he's one of our finest actors

Holy shit I don't remember that

Kek

Why do the hosts keep think giving out food is so clever?

Ellen gave pizza, Stranger Things kids giving out sandwhiches and now Kimmel gives out candy.

Checked, keked, repped

Its funny because the actors can't eat that stuff.

Yeah, I would agree with that. Only complaint was the whole thing lasted almost 4 hours, should of kept it tighter.

Pizza is code for pedophile activities. It was an in-joke.

Liberals. That's why.

Why is this board so fucking obsessed with pol?

his materials had no balls at all.

Why is Hollywood so obsessed with Trump?

"THE OSCAR WHALE IS HERE TO BLESS YOU ALL"
"BEFORE WE GET THIS OSCARS STARTED I JUST WANTED TO TELL YOU TEN AMAZING FACTS ABOUT AUDIBLE.COM/CRUNCHYROLL!!!!!"

Because they want to appear righteous.

Sup Forums brought A LOT of normies/redditors to this site, and Television & Film are relatively normie-friendly mediums, so it's not surprising that they all flock here.

yeah but over time i think they eventually adapt, like all of us did, I'm sure

still fuckin hate them though.

Don't care for JK come to think who should've hosted no more unfunny cunts or late night tv show hosts

I think this is true of most modern comedy. It's in a serious rut. It feigns edginess here and there but it comes off superficial and artificial, tired and even corny. I can tell you exactly why though: modern comedy is too calculated and it gives too much of a shit about anything. Good comedy doesn't give a fuck. It's really a zen-like state of mind.

Just tired of hearing conspiracy theories about jews and blacks.

It's because OJ is in jail. Albeit not for murder everyone still believes he did it.

So the joke is that since the movie about him won an Oscar, he should also be rewarded in jail with an extra slice of value-meat on his shitty prison sandwich

>The only movie with a happy ending was the one in the middle of Moonlight

Shit was pretty funny, especially since no one understood the joke, it was really awkward.

stale meme is stale

Who would be a good host pick for future Oscars?

He BTFO both Drumpf and Cuck Gibson so he is /our guy/.

Billy Crystal was always god-tier you mong

no he's not funny
just gibbe robert downey junior or adam sandler

kekked a little

He was abysmal, yes. Matt Damon antics were funny as usual, but overall 2/10.

Yeah, and the camera went to Mahershala Ali so I guess most of the audience thought he was referring to his character death in the middle of the movie for some reason and went "oooh"

>hehe TRUMP hehhehe
>wtf is production design am I right guys
>let's prank and laugh at these poor cringy normie trash, bring them in
>you know what is funny? TRUMP hehe
>who cares about film editing right
>matt you're still stupid haha we'll be right back

Because le quirky host does wacky things

trump is a joke memelord. Get on the right side of history now before he resigns. He's going to die in prison.

Why are people making fun of my meme president ? :( :( :(

Nice try Schlomo, Sup Forums is the only non-normie board on 4Chad, Normies hate Trump because Jewish celebrities tell them too, you normalsheep are incapable of thinking for yourselves.

Is it referring to breaking the chair over the bully's back? Or just how generally bleak the middle part was?

it's a pseudo war to trigger normal Sup Forums anons
both sides are /s4s/

He was a lot better than Chris Rock.

Fuck off.
He was much better than Rock or Ellen Degenerate.
Too many DUDE TRUMP jokes, but what could we expect?

He meant the handjob.

Playing off Damon was the best part of the awards show

Why are Sup Forumsacks so easily triggered? You are honestly just SJW's with a different gimmick.

>Most if not all of his attempts at jokes fell completely flat and sometimes didn't even elicit forced pity laughs from the atendees
Fuck off, the running joke with Matt Damon was the funniest Oscar bit in over a decade.

It's great to see a cuck get his revenge against the man who fucked his woman.

youtube.com/watch?v=PkjLMWS3U4Q

It's sad that he had another Damon joke for the end but couldn't do it because they fucked up the envelopes. He revealed on his show that the night was going to end with him sitting next to Matt for one last joke.

He was pretty decent, as far as Oscar hosts go anyway. His "fuck it, who gives a shit" comedic style is pretty appropriate for an award ceremony in which 99% of the audience doesn't actually give a shit about whats happening. And if the THOSE Trump jokes triggered you, you really need to grow a fucking sack. That was pretty fucking mild, especially given that he was playing to a room filled with the most rabbidly anti-Trump on Earth. Every word out of his mouth could have been a stab at Trump and they would have eaten that shit up. It would have been the easiest thing in the world.

bill burr should've hosted
he could have worn a goat's head or something

>Hannibal Buress will never host The Oscars

best answer

Bill Burr would actually make me want to watch the Oscars.

Norm would be great, unless he's current depressed Norm

He's probably the best they've had you ungrateful shit.

norm mcdonald should host the next one lel.

One of the worst Oscars in a long time

Kimmel is horribly unfunny and talentless
Not many good movies
Stupid politics """jokes"""
Shitty "mistake" publicity stunt
and they literally brought in the plebs to laugh at

No, because Chris Rock happened.

Hmm. Has Conan ever hosted the Oscars? Might be good

They should get NPH again. At least that guy knows how to put on a number.