"M-m-mystic Gohan is the strongest canon character!"

>"M-m-mystic Gohan is the strongest canon character!"
>Loses to Super Buu

Why are Gohanfags the worst?

Wait a minute... Gohan has fans?

A good rule of thumb when discussing DBZ, especially when comparing character power is to completely disregard the absolute clusterfuck that is the Buu saga. What a fucking shitshow that was.
Dragon Ball franchise should have ended after Frieza, but Cell was at least good too, but good fucking god was that Buu saga awful.

Techncially he was like 5 times more powerful than SSJ3 Goku...but then SSJ3 Goku beats Buu, doesn't makes much sense

But that's DBZ for you

Also Buu Saga a shit, Cell Saga the best

>watching anime as an adult

haha virgin weeb fags

They're talking strongest in power level. Gohan lost because he got absorbed while he was distracted.

But you're right, Gohan is shit. And powerlevels are also shit.

Ssj3 goku barely beat kid buu who is weaker than super buu. The strongest fused character in dbz is vegito, the strongest unfused is Mystic Gohan. Plus Gohan lost after super buu absorbed gotenks(who can go ssj3) and piccolo.

I thought he was the strongest non-fused character in dbz, assuming you count buu's absorbtions as him fusing.

I don't think character power is a thing anymore

In Super it more or less seems like anybody can beat up anybody

The premiere example is that Trunks fought Goku Black and it was an SS2 against a universe ending infinimonster yet Trunks didn't get instantly vaporized

Suck muh dick, normie. I might as well lose it to your mouth.

He lost to Buutenks. He was many many times stronger than Super buy but with Gotenks (never underestimate fusion) he was able to get ahead

Super is utterly shit though, is like worse than GT, no one involved cares for consistency or quality, only money

he got his ass kicked like a little bitch by a dog in super.

>but then SSJ3 Goku beats Buu
confirmed for not knowing what they're talking about

Loses to Buutenks*

Fixed it for you

This, Goku beat Buu in SSJ2

the only reason cell saga was any good is because akira was under pressure from his editor

And yet Goku straight up told Piccolo he couldn't beat Frost before he even fought.

>spend entire season having that Kai guy unlocking Gohan's true power
>supposedly he doesn't even need to go Super Saiyan to reach his strongest power
>finally fights Buu
>loses right away

What the fuck was even the point?

This is a board that had in depth discussion about Star Trek and Star Wars

Filler non-canon but good fight.

Well, nobody involved in DBZ liked Gohan so that's why he jobs so much, which is funny after all the character development he got through Saiyan Saga, Freezer Saga and Cell Saga, all into the trash in Buu Saga.

B8 by a GT fag
>Gohan literally wins the fight
>"He got his ass kicked"
B8 to the maximum

Also
>loses in 1 episode
...biggest let down ever

I liked him when he rekt Cell with the Father-Son Kamehameha wave. But that was a short lived liking. Why is Gohan such an insufferable faggot like 95% of the time?

>Techncially he was like 5 times more powerful than SSJ3 Goku
no

Hes sctually far stronger than that

I liked Gohan's grouth through the show, from a momy's kid to an adult in Cell games...till he become a pussy in Buu Saga

I think Super Vegito is the strongest character in canon DBZ

Super Buu w/Gohan absorbed would be the second, since Mystic Gohan was such hot shit

SSJ4>SSG design wise

fuckin fight me if you think otherwise

it wont go well for me

>biggest let down ever
This is the perfect description of Gohans character arc

This has always been a thing
>Tien holds down Cell
>Krillin slices off Frieza's tail
>Vegeta blows Majin Buu into chunks
>Piccolo puts the boot to Frieza's second form
>Krillin slashes Nappa's face and would have flat out murdered him if Vegeta hadn't told his dumb ass to duck
>Android 16 manages to catch Perfect Cell in a bear hug he actually has a hard time breaking out of

Ha! fags

GT is fucking shit but i actually agree with you about that

>Hes sctually far stronger than that
no, you assume mechanics that we dont know anything about.

maybe buu only gains 1/100 th of the power of a victim of his absorbing power. maybe he can utilize all of their power.

we dont know.

it was a draw

mmm hard one
SSJ4 is shit as fuck, but SSG is like lazy shit as fuck. I'd probably say SSJ4 because at least is original.

We know Goku, with SSJ3 was afraid of fight Super buu without fusing, and then Gohan crushed regular Super buu no problem. The fact that Super buu was manhandled by Gohan before absorbing Gotenks then was in control after shows he absorbs a lot of power.

The only thing good about the SSJ4 design is that it brought the tails back

The Mystic Gohan being 5x SSJ3 Goku is from the databook or whatever is named

Huh

If 16 were right and his Super Saiyan killing bomb really could have taken out Perfect Cell

Wouldn't it also have like... blown up the whole earth? Or at least murdered all of his friends that were standing around watching in a 100 foot radius?

>The Mystic Gohan being 5x SSJ3 Goku is from the databook or whatever is named
databook isnt written by kishimoto

>We know Goku, with SSJ3 was afraid of fight Super buu without fusing, and then Gohan crushed regular Super buu no problem. The fact that Super buu was manhandled by Gohan before absorbing Gotenks then was in control after shows he absorbs a lot of power.

goku being afraid means he either wasnt sure whether he could beat him or thought he would definately lose.
it is not known how much you have to be stronger than someone else to "crush" him.

therefore you cannot assume gohan to be 5x stronger than goku as SSJ3

I kind of wish they did more with his hidden powers shit. Remember really early on when he was just a small kid when he went on random rampages and everyone was blown away at his potential power and he could surpass Goku if he just trained and harnessed his latent power? Like when Raditz kidnaps him and he goes fucking insane. Or when he's training with Piccolo and he blows a fucking mountain away unbeknownst to himself? I wish they expanded a bit more on that and he actually did train and surpass Goku without question. Like, passing the torch to Gohan as the hero the universe needs. But no, they just stopped that shit until basically the Cell saga when he went insane at his friend's and dad's death (or the Android's death, I can't remember the exact straw that broke the camel's back) and rekt Cell there at the end. I wish Toriyama made Gohan train and become the new most powerful hero of the DBZ after being able to harness his latent insane powers.

But no, he becomes some faggot bookworm because ChiChi is a bitch who wants him to study instead of train. Although I'm not sure if I can blame her too much considering Goku just going off and abandoning his family for months on end to go train with his butt buddies...

>databook isnt written by kishimoto
Good, Toriyama is who made DB

One of the DBZ games has a "what if" story where this nigga just ices Frieza in one hit despite having a power level of like 100

"Causes the target's own evil to spontaneously combust" seems like something that would be really useful for every Z Fighter to learn?

Best Gohan is Frieza's Saga Gohan.

>Good, Toriyama is who made DB
hahahaha 10 years of naruto have gone to my head. of c i meant toriyama, im sorry.

>Like, passing the torch to Gohan as the hero the universe needs
That was what happened in Cell Saga, he even promises his dad (who was talking to him through king kai) to be Earth's saviour and keep training...to then forget all of that when Buu Saga appeared beacuse you can't pass on all the money this show gives you. Buu Saga was milking the cow to the limit. DB GT was the ultimate money grab, DBS is that amped to 100

I can picture Toriyama explaining how Gohan is going to be the new hero and editors and producers going all "the fuck? Goku is the hero, forget about the kid, gives us more Goku!"

wrong

Cell Saga Gohan > Saiyaman > Freiza > Buu > Saiyan

gohan is a half breed though

List of things Vegeta has achieved in spite of consistently being the 1st to 3rd most powerful fighter in the universe:
>killed the creepy fat robot
>killed a couple of Ginyu Force members

"I wish the 10 strongest warriors who ever existed in Universe 7 were alive."

"I wish they were here."

>Beerus scares them into being in the tournament

Is this not the best plan instead of grabbing people like Tien and Krillin?

fuck off with DBZ shit. why do Sup Forums rejects choose Sup Forums?

Don't forget all those people at the Budokai Tournament when he was Majin

Gets to fuck Bulma every day, and gets all her fathers fortune as bonus.

You forgot him being Undefeated against Goku

He's also killed a shit ton of innocent people, so I'd at least give him that.

Alright faggots listen up,
Tenshinhan is the strongest human in Dragon ball Z, and could defeat Freiza in his final form at 100%

*Constantly training in HARSH conditions (up in the mountains)
*Always perfecting his skills.
*Has been training to fight his entire life.
*Battled with and beat Jeice and Burter at King kai's planet, used his multi form to fight both of them. (Which means he split his self in two, and split his power level in two, so that means even at half power hes strong enough to take on Jeice and Burter.)
*Trained with king kai for over a year.
*ABLE TO STOP IMPERFECT CELL FROM ABSORBING ANDROID 18 WITH HIS SHIN KIHOKO ATTACK
*ABLE TO DEFLECT A KI BLAST FROM MAJIN BUU (Buu even was shocked that he was such a powerful human)
*MORE CONFIDENCE than Krillen. (able to preform better while fighting)
*Nearly killed Nappa with his kihoko blast.(Probably would have if he had his other arm.)
*Neck and neck with Trunks in his base form. (Forcing Trunks to turn into a Super Saiyan.)
*Longer list of useful techniques. IE multiform, solar flare and is speculated that Tenshinhan knows the kaio ken attack.
*A true man of honor who will ALWAYS fight to the bitter end.

Just because Krillin is shown more in the series and has a larger role than Tenshinhan, doesn't mean that he's stronger.

Tenshinhan > Yamcha >>>> Krillen

Deal with it faggots, that's how it is.

when will they learn

Will we ever get an uninterrupted 1v1 between Goku and Vegeta so we can FINALLY put it to bed?

>That was what happened in Cell Saga, he even promises his dad (who was talking to him through king kai) to be Earth's saviour and keep training...
That's why I don't really consider the Buu saga as part of my headcanon. Sure, it's actually canon, but in my mind, the Cell saga is the last true ending to DBZ.

>to then forget all of that when Buu Saga appeared beacuse you can't pass on all the money this show gives you.
Yeah, this is where it all goes downhill. The producers and everyone involved telling Toriyama to make more content and Toriyama saying "okay!"

>Buu Saga was milking the cow to the limit.
Buu Saga did have some good aspects so I can understand if people do like it and accept it fully. I'm just on the fence. Majin Vegeta is pretty cool desu. The combine dance shit is kinda cool as well I guess...

>DB GT was the ultimate money grab, DBS is that amped to 100
I'm just glad GT is officially non canon now that Super is out. I saw random episodes through the Baby arc and thought it was mediocre. The story seemed absolutely shit. I haven't even turned on Super yet even though that's technically the new canon after Z. Just seems retarded from what I've seen.

that was in tenkaichi 3
Easily the best DBZ game

Goten and Kid Trunks being able to go Super Saiyan was a mistake.

Prove me wrong.

Power level does not equal fighting skill or ability. Gohan had the highest power level but he was still a jobber and thus squandered it

technically speaking when he was Majin Vegeta he beat SSJ2 Goku. It was a gay little trick but if having almost every Z fighter zerg rush Vegeta after just hanging back and letting Goku do all the work counts as a win for Goku then this is a win for Vegeta.

This used to be touted on the IMDb forums by deckzone3000 and refuted by Dark-Kenshin.

There is no evidence for this.

lol

no, Chi-Chi still being a cunt after getting Gohan to be a scholar was a mistake

It's like "Bitch you got what you wanted, let me train Goten already!"

Explain?

I don't object to the Cell Saga overall but I've always distinctly felt like Frieza was the end of the story.

>Goku fulfills an ancient prophecy and attains ultimate power and defeats in single combat the incomparably mighty alien dictator who murdered his father and destroyed his homeworld and was the employer of half the villains in the series - all over the course of an incredibly long and constantly escalating fight on a disintegrating planet

They took everything so to it's natural conclusion that "lol time travel and robots" seemed embarrassing as soon as it started

ss3 gotenks was the best thing about the buu saga though. And I mean that in a good way

Do you think Vegata ONLY fucks Bulma while Super Saiyan?

To serve as a cautionary tale. Gohan neglected his training and was arrogant enough to think he was a "chosen one" who would be able to beat Buu when so many fighters that were much better then him had failed.

He beat cell because he was pure of heart and naturally talented but he couldn't coast on that to beat Buu. He had to actually work hard like vegeta and goku to even have a chance. It's a clever way to challenge the "chosen one" trope. Gohan is the chosen one in dbz but he's lazy and entitled and so weaker saiyans are able to overtake him.

The whole series is about the value of hard work and not taking what you have for granted. We should be like goku and not like vegeta or gohan.

- He didn't win, they agreed to end the fighting on a draw because of buu

- Goku was only pretending, he could have gone ssj3 and one shot him

Yes. It's essential to his training.

>Kid Goku
>Crazy wild boy, does martial arts and touches pussy, beats the fuck out of grown ass men, independent adventurer

>Kid Gohan
>Cries alot and has hidden powers, I guess. Ends up getting fucked up a lot. Fucked up so hard at one point he gets Piccolo killed.

Ultimately kid Gohan was a far less intriguing character. I know Gohan was introduced as a not- even-4-year old, and goku was fourteen, but with Toriyama's shift in styles they look about the same. By the time Gohan finally came into his own, people where way more intrigued by Vegeta.

Pretty much this.

Also Vegeta redeemed himself and admitted why he was a villain and dies, knowing Goku was the Legendary Super Saiyan who would defeat Freiza, the plight of his race. Great ending for his character.

But Vegeta trains even harder than Goku, even to the point of nearly killing himself, and always gets shit on.

>not liking SS3
>not liking kid buu
>not liking Vegito
>Got to see vegeta v goku
contrarian faggots the lot of u buu saga was 2nd best

>Is this not the best plan instead of grabbing people like Tien and Krillin?

At this point they're probably on par with the strongest beings to exist. This is a world where two random henchman end up being stronger than a god.

"I won"

Vegeta trains for the wrong reasons and over exerts himself. Goku is better at training then he is.

I watched Battle of the Gods the other day, what the fuck was the point of this movie? Goku literally loses and gives up at the end and then Beezus just decides to leave earth alone and become friends instead?

Because Vegeta was self trained, Goku always had masters that taught him new shit. That's why in Super him and Goku are even now.

Nigga has a third eye. How's he human?

At first they l'aide Beerus evil but then Akira decided to change cuz too dark for a kid show

Beerus is now friendly

What should have happened for DB to be good over an unlimited amount of time:

- Don't add new sets of more powerful dragon balls. When a character dies twice, it's gone. No exceptions. Krilling would be gone after dying to Freezer triggering Goku's SS. Goku would be gone after dying to cell and passing the torch to his son.

- Power ups being way more sparse. No SS lvl2 and 3 and whatever bullshit. This would keep the human characters useful and close to the sayans. They would need to use wits and create new techniques to defeat enemies instead of just powering up and using bigger fireballs.

- Since characters wouldn't resurrect unlimited amount of times, new characters would have more prominence and replace the dead: future Trunks would stay in our timeline, Gohan would never become a faggot, Goten and young Trunks would train harder, A-17 & A-18 would join the Z-fighters after the cell saga, Piccolo could eventually spawn a son or something. Uub, Pan, etc... Also humans like Tien, Yamcha or even Muten Roshi wouldn't be left useless; the power gap between humans and other races would be smaller.

DBZ would be god tier with this changes and could have kept going after Buu's saga.

I can honestly see that. I can't say I'd disagree with it.

he's not a human

also yajirobe is possibly the strongest human or if not, the most significant

Frieza was the last major villain with a tangible goal. Its all business. Cell's goal is literally existing just to be someone to fight. His whole purpose is so nebulous it was only resolved by him ending the arc being nihilistically insane. Buu even more so. Gero and Babidi had a goal, but the ultimate villain of the arc is ultimately an unhinged weapon they unleash, which makes them disconnected and doesn't feel as satisfying. Gohan and Cell have no real poetic link, besides the echoes of the King Piccolo/Goku fight.

Well since the kamehameha in the original series & DBZ 1st season was supposedly powerful enough to blow up the earth, then almost every attack and transformation since should have destroyed the planet.

He actually killed all 5 of them

Yamcha to be honest

If it wasn't for Yajirobe, Vegeta would have killed all the Z Fighters and eventually the entire world.

Based Yajirobe.

ssj4 is brilliant, hot and gay. stop being a h8r

Vegeta's whole approach to training is based upon self-flagellation and self-loathing. he evens says its how he became a super Saiyan. Its unhealthy. Its why Goku's whole "Spend a week as a super saiyan" thing was so effective, he approached it in a more healthy and constructive manner. And yeah, goku actually trained with others and learned. Vegeta spent 10 years..training in progressively harder gravity. Wow.

he saved the world from king piccolo too

Uub is the strongest human nukka