Is the first season of a sitcom always the weakest one?

Is the first season of a sitcom always the weakest one?

No, it's usually the final couple.

this

Because a lot of what gets good about a sitcom results from the writers getting to know the actors and their chemistry more and writing to that.

No.

Holy shit, an intelligent and insightful post on Sup Forums.

It's common sense.

Eyyuuh?

Which says a lot about the average quality of posts on Sup Forums.

The only exception I can think of is Arrested Development.

Sitcoms improve as the writers become more familiar with the characters.

With the exception of Tim and Mark (the kid holding the toy hammer) EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING else is photoshopped in.

Not necessarily, but the earliest episodes generally show a series working out the kinks. Actors are figuring out their characters, writers are figuring out the tone they want.

They're often good, but not usually familiar for viewers of later episodes. This goes for any genre, really.

I think it's mostly a comedy thing. There are lots of dramas where the first season is the best one.

I absolutely agree with you. And it sucks when you disagree with what the writer decided a character was going to be, when it does happen.

Shes hot

How come every fucking show I discuss with my dad appears on Sup Forums a day afterward. What the fuck

first season was best season

Because dramas are story driven. Sitcoms are character driven.

How do you explain Tim Allen?

>mfw I watched the e true Hollywood story and everyone pretty much hated each other

Tim and his wife couldn't stand each other and the one son left the show because of fights with Tim Allen. Tim also wanted the most money and got passed when the other actors tried to get more

Grounded for life stayed pretty great from the start and stayed that way

Also Malcom in the middle was great from the start, and maybe decreased a little bit during the final season

OOH-AH-AH-AH-AH