ITT we predict the college football top 25 for Tuesday and get mad at each others predictions

A few of these have wins that are assumed. Notre Dame and Stanford are the only real toss ups. LSU is beating aTm pretty good right now, Clemson is going to win, and Washington is beating the shit out of wazzu so it's a safe assumption they won that.

>1. Oklahoma (11-1)
>2. Auburn (10-2)
>3. Alabama (11-1)
>4. Clemson (11-1)
>5. Wisconsin (12-0)
>6. Georgia (11-1)
>7. Miami (FL) (10-1)
>8. Notre Dame (assuming they win) (10-2)
>9. TCU (10-2)
>10. Ohio St (10-2)
>11. USC (10-2)
>12. UCF (11-0) (the win against USF was huge, and I think the committee will agree to hump them up some, the AAC has had a few really good years so far)
>13. Washington (10-2)
>14. LSU (9-3)
>15. OK St (9-3)
>16. Michigan St (9-3)
>17. Wazzu (9-3)
>18. VA Tech (9-3)
>19. Memphis (10-1)
>20. Northwestern (9-3)
>21. San Diego St (9-2)
>22. Troy (9-2)
>23. Toledo (10-2)
>24. NC St (8-4)
>25. Stanford (8-4)

What makes this really tough is all the 9-3 and 8-4 teams right now. Anyone else have their predictions?

first for Clemson

Chokelahoma is getting way too much credit. They won't make it past playoffs

Post-Championship Top Four:

Clemson Win/Oklahoma Win/Wisconsin Win/Auburn Win
Clemson
Oklahoma
Auburn
Wisconsin

Clemson Win/Oklahoma Win/Wisconsin Win/Auburn Loss
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Wisconsin

Clemson Win/Oklahoma Win/Wisconsin Loss/Auburn Loss
Clemson
Oklahoma
Georgia
Ohio St.

Clemson Loss/Oklahoma Win/Wisconsin Win/Auburn Loss
Oklahoma
Miami
Wisconsin
Georgia

Clemson Loss/Oklahoma Loss/Wisconsin Loss/Auburn Win
Miami
Auburn
Ohio St.
Oklahoma

These are the only situations where Alabama is not in the playoffs. I didn't want to imagine the 11 situations in which Alabama got in the playoffs.

So no scenario does Alabama stay in the top 4? Why not? I get the schedule was weak but Wisconsin had a far weaker schedule and I highly doubt that they would be in the top 4 if Ohio St beats them

. Auburn (10-2)
. Clemson (11-1)
do you even watch the fucking games you stupid nigger?

does
>Clemson 14
>Auburn 6
ring a bell?

don't be such a bitch-ass faggot

did clemson beat 2 #1s?

no? that's right, they didn't

Wasn't Penn State 10th? They're not going to become unranked you dip

>Losing to Syracuse, but is still a #2 team
Nah mate. That loss is going to bite them in the ass, especially if they can't beat Miami definitively. If it ends up being close, or they lose, no way Clemson will be in the top 4. Auburn has the most impressive schedule of the two. Clemson had a really easy schedule aside from auburn and va tech

Oh shit, sorry. I guess put them at 10 and then everyone else goes down one, Troy or Toledo come out and NC state stays 25

For those of you saying Alabama could be left out (as nice as that would be) please note that the committee put in aOSU over Penn State, and that likely Auburn will get Penn Stated and that the only saving grace that Auburn has is that its win over Bama comes at the end of the season

Except Ohio State beat three teams that finished the regular season in the top 8 and Bama has beaten no one

>Week 2
>no offense yet
>defense held Clemson to 14 points at home
>still only lost by 8 points in Death Valley

Auburn would murder Clemson right now in a playoff game. It wouldn't even be close.

Hypotheticals do not outweigh actual results

They have a better record and they beat >us head to head. >We have no business being ranked ahead of them.

BCS era is dead. Teams who improve throughout the season are being rewarded now. Don't be surprised to see Auburn at 1 or 2 next rankings.

Penn State's two early losses didn't just disappear.

What makes you think Auburn's will? >We'll certainly make the playoff if we win the SECCG but putting >us ahead of a team that has a better record than us and beat us head to head is ridiculous.

What would make you think Clemson isn't improving

I'm a B1Gfag but you SEC morons are unabashedly delusional

>Penn State just disappears off the board from rank 10 which will be at least rank 8 after Notre dame loses
>Miami that high
>Usc that high
>Alabama not rank 4-6
Are you autistic?

you're gonna have to move notre dame down

and stanford up

1. Oklahoma
2. Clemson
3. Wisconsin
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. Georgia
7. Miami
8. Ohio State
9. TCU

these are the only teams with a prayer of making the CFP top 4

also, wazzu's 3 losses have been blowouts.

no way are they top 20 after tonight's big time loss to washington

Penn State lost too late in the season. Lost 2 of the most important games of their season. On the otherhand, Auburn won their 2 biggest games of the season.
Higher quality wins, strength of schedule.

I meant last year. But fuck analogies for a second.

11-1 Clemson beat 10-2 Auburn 14-6

Clemson > Auburn

and I am an Auburn student

Clemson literally beat Auburn. This season. I don't know how you can even pretend to be reasonable, I know what you're attempting to argue but it's simply invalid because it's sheer conjecture.

I agree Penn State got cucked last season. They should have been in.
>11-1 Clemson beat 10-2 Auburn 14-6
No, 1-0 Clemson beat 1-0 Auburn 14-6.

It's the same fucking team you asshole. You have to look at the entire season instead of the last three games.

I'm just saying what the committee will be thinking when they make the new rankings. This is how college football is now. If you watch any of the analysts on ESPN, they are saying the exact same thing.

Auburn in week 2 is not the same Auburn team today. What are you on about?

That is not what the committee will be saying. They are not so insane as to suggest that we need to start carving up ONE SEASON piecemeal in order to extrapolate data from 2 or 3 game stretches.

This is what you hope they will be saying. If they were so down on Clemson they would not have stayed in the top 4 after losing to Syracuse.

They literally are. They are both 2017 Auburn. Auburn's record is 10-2 and all of those games count.

3-3 Syracuse beat 6-0 Clemson

Syracuse > Clemson

and I am a Clemson student

tl;dr Bama will get Penn State Auburn because CFP is all about muh shekels

wrong

syracuse has way more losses that outweigh the head to head

auburn has way more wins against #1 teams that outweigh the head to head

1.Wisconsin
2. UCF
- The rest all are faggot losers who don't matter.

Notre Dame would bootybla...well y’all know the rest of the meme by now

Better argument.

Auburn has:
wins over Alabama, Georgia (only losses for those teams)
losses to Clemson, LSU (9-3, lost to Troy)

Clemson has:
win over Auburn
loss to Syracuse (4-8)

It's pretty close. I think you have to give it to Clemson for the head to head.

If UCF goes undefeated, the committee should move them up to top 4. It feels wrong that an undefeated team might not get a chance to compete for a title.

Oh look

Auburn with only "signature wins" against other SEC teams (at home) and a loss to the only decent OOC team they played

But thanks to the SEC effect giving SEC teams across the board +5 ranking it looks like Auburn are world beaters

Muh quality win over #14 Mississippi State

Georgia and Bama are still probably top 8 teams. That gives Auburn easily the most impressive wins this season.

>Row row row your boat

A non-power 5 is too weak of a schedule, even undefeated, unless they have a major non-conference win against a power 5 with a 8+ win record.

Doesn't apply to UCF, but they'll get a good bowl - shit, they may get Bama.

/thread

Georgia with their "signature win" in a tight one against Notre Poop Your Pants Dame (also btfo by Stanford)

Bama with their signature win against soon to be unranked Mississippi State and community college Mercer

The committee already said they're treating the cuse game as a half loss because clemson was playing with their backup qb

and still probably top 8 teams

they are not. Early season team =/= late season team

Maybe undeservedly

for instance, Miami looked far more convincing against Notre Dame, but are conspicuously ranked below Georgia

why?

>if x was y then z
Just make it an 8 team playoff already

Because everyone knows Notre Dame is shit

The SEC is good and the ACC is shit. No matter how much you cry about it, it won't change the truth.

so what is a Georgia exactly

a team that has beaten no one but SEC dregs

the entire season counts, user

that's why those games happen

I'm not trying to discredit Clemson. They're clearly a great team and I'd personally rank them above Auburn.

but user, Miami is ranked above Georgia

Do they?

yes, that's why Auburn's record is 10-2 instead of 5-0

If Auburn is better than Clemson now, why give credit to an irrelevant game that happened months ago?

We'll see when the rankings come out.

Because that is how you break virtual ties

There is nothing more directly relevant than H2H in that scenario

The SEC was absolute garbage this year, but to say beating Bama isn't a signature win is absurd. Georgia is understandable because the SEC East was a fucking joke this year.

because they're not playing the national championship game now, they're playing it weeks from now, so you have to reward long term longevity over current "hot streaks".

This isn't a virtual tie. Auburn is better than Clemson.

The most accurate one I've seen.

Auburn has 2 losses, and Clemson has 1. And Clemson beat them head to head. This is the easiest tie breaker ever.

Auburn has an actual schedule, Clemson has played baby mode and barely won with a loss to a sub .500 team.

>Auburn has an actual schedule

indeed, looks like they scheduled a tough OOC opponent, let's go see how they did

ah, lost to them. Clemson, the team that showed they were better than them and are going to be ranked ahead of them by any sane committee of objective individuals.

Not the same Auburn team

Proof that nothing is off limits for Sup Forums arguments

Since a couple months ago they got a whole new team? Same players, same coaches, same team. Some teams get better as the year goes on, some get worse, but a loss is still a loss

Also, lol at anyone who thinks Bama is out. Although their schedule isn't brutal, they had some pretty decent matchups. Scheduling FSU at the very start of the year was a pretty bold move. I expect Bama to be #4.

Intent isn't reality. Alabama had an awful SoS.

The Committee also has a huge bias for Alabama, which is another reason I think they'll get in.

Also, do you know how much $$$ a iron bowl rematch for the natty would bring in?

Goddamn you're fucking dumb

Not that much since the markets are very regionalized and no one wants to see endless SEC rematches contrary to what SECfags believe

>refusing to schedule home-and-home in favor of one off neutral site bullshit games
>bold move

kek

>whole new team
No, but they completely changed their offense and it has clearly made a difference. Yes a loss is a loss, but this is the entire reason the playoffs were introduced to college football. Look at other sports in which teams start off with a bad season, improve significantly, and then go on to dominate the playoffs and even win championships. The BCS relied too heavily on the fact that every team is the exact same on week 1 as they are in week 12.

You should win your conference if you want in the playoffs. Alabama failed to do that.

College football doesn't have the benefit of a 100 game sample size. That is why each individual game is so important.

Any other basic facts you'd like pointed out

No but clemson did beat 4 ranked teams.

You are retarded. Miami win guarantees a in. Especially when you beat Auburn.

In this thread we see BAMA fans are delusional and can't accept they are out. Fuck off it's about time you faggots get knocked off the high ground.

I did the math.

OU wins/W wins
OU + W make playoffs

OU Wins/W loses
OU + Bama make playoffs

OU Lose/W wins
W + Bama make playoffs

OU Lose/W Lose
Bama + OST make playoffs

Bama still has a 75% chance of making the playoffs.

1.Oklahoma
2.Clemson
3.Wisconsin
4.Auburn

This is final ranking for tomorrow. Deal with it.

No they don't. Ohio State would get in before bama. Tell Nick Satan to actually play real teams instead of easiest schedule in league.

OU Wins/W Loses isn't an automatic shoo in for Bama. Still a better chance of them getting in that Oh St. in that case but I give Ohio State a 40% chance of making it if they beat Wisconsin. Even better if they destroy them.

>people think teams who don't win their conference should go to playoffs

NFL has a 100 game sample size?

Fun fact did you know no team has defeated two number ones in the same season till now. It cost your best player though.

If Georgia beats Auburn then its over for Bama. If Auburn beats Georgia and Ohio State beats Wisconsin. Bama has a slight chance to get in.

Are we talking about a 12/32 team playoff system with objective qualification criteria

Does Alabama teach big words like that?

Blowhio State did last year and promptly got trashed.

Stidham is more than capable of taking over for Johnson, especially against Georgia. In fact, it's probably better because having Johnson in as QB is basically a giveaway that he will keep the ball.

Ohio State literally has most espn homers I've ever seen. That suck their dicks hard. I guess its because they are the only yankee team that can manage to get in playoffs.

You don't think CFB is headed in that direction? People have already called for an 8 team playoff system. The game is changing. Also, don't even live in AL but nice insult.

Also because Urban Meyer

I thought we were talking about the 2017 college football season

U have to respect Johnson as a weapon on defense. Take him away and it’s hunting season for the dawg defense. I hope johnson will be healthy but he looked pretty bad with that shoulder.