This was kino and you fucking know it

This was kino and you fucking know it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GQXt820BJ8w
youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>floppy scabbard

They couldn't even get the simplest things right.

correct. one of the rare instances where D&D wrote something that felt GRRM-like instead of just being LE ASS AND TITTIES SHOW

but the cgi horses tried their best to ruin it

retard

This cinematographer is doing Justice League.
Just letting you fags know.
Snyder is the fucking man

Do we think this was kino?

Agreed, that episode was great. I don't understand why Sup Forums is so down on this show in general, it's the finest garbage on television

normie

looks like its supposed to be a leather sheath anyway

this is shit this is faeces I spit on the redditor that enjoys this

>This was kino and you fucking know it
90's born faggots actually believe this.

Literally no such thing, historically, as a floppy leather scabbard.
A wooden scabbard with a leather cover? Sure.

bad lyanna casting but kino reveal

youtube.com/watch?v=GQXt820BJ8w

Listen retard, I've been LARPing on the weekends for nearly 15 years now. There is no fucking practical reason the scabbard would be solid. It would weigh a shit fucking ton for no reason other than keeping something straight when it's not in use (and the sword is basically always fucking in it)

END YOURSELF

I was quite close to actually replying to you.

>The hero does something retarded and overly-emotional and he gets away with it without any significant losses
Yeah I LOVE really obvious cliches xD

it's 100% pure kino up until the exact next shot

the cgi is so fucking bad

Way to dodge the argument, bud.

Literally ripped right from Return Of The King.

>I've been LARPing on the weekends for nearly 15 years now.

great counter point, I'll ponder your insights and type up a reply that I feel matches the level of intellect you're giving

delusional

dont you have orc babies to kill?

Mate, i'm not that easy to catch.
The larping and weight comments might bait your average redditor, but not anyone else.

as says
why would you want a solid stiff sword carrier strapped to your waist/back when your sword is drawn? wouldn't it be more practical to be flexible and lighter weight when the sword is not it it?

holy shit you're retarded. literally just google it. there were/are in fact scabbards that were simply leather and not completely stiff.

I'm still hoping that the tv show is just a troll by GRRM, and in the books R+L=/=J. Such a fucking boring plot.

>it's 100% pure kino
I weep for you user.

Stop pretending to be different people mate, it's pathetic.

This is the ideal kino shot. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

because a solid piece of leather covered wood that is tied to your waist and could catch on anything while you're trying to fight would be really good in one-on-one combat

oh no wait it wouldn't

don't even bother responding to the retard in here spouting dumb shit, he's not worth the time

These two are my only posts
Why dont you just stop dragging this out and give an answer or admit you goof'd about the scabbard

Easily top 4 battle scenes in cinematic history

1.Battle of Helms Deep
2.Rohan riders vs amry of Mordor
3.Bastard Bowl
4.Saving Private Ryan opening

Too much hinted at it in the books though.

>ned won't say who he fucked to have the kid
>out of character for ned to randomly fuck bitches
>we know R+J have a thing going on, we don't know if it's purely motivated by the prophecy though
>timing is right for her to plop out a child from R
>castle/tower is staffed by kingsguard and R isn't there, they ain't guarding her for shits and giggles.

Any other conclusion would be bullshit. Particularly since it had only been hinted at in this manner through the books, no one has out right confirmed it.

Yeah I'm definitely filtering the word kino, only twelve year old shitskins use it as a descriptor.

>Being this retarded

Watch more films holy shit.

He shouldn't change it now, just keep it true and do something more interesting than 'Jon becomes King lol'

user, you really need to watch more movies/shows if this is what you consider peak. I hope you're just memeing. You're breaking my heart.

Mate, I refuse to be baited by you retards.
Have you ever even been in the history section of a library?
Anyway, try ScholaGladiatoria on youtube. he gives normie level explanations that you may be able to understand.
Try your bait elsewhere.

bad post

An entire 30 minute battle made entirely of single-shot-style camera-follows-jon ( i don't know what they're called) would be the greatest thing ever

who says no?

this is where i ask you to beat it and you cant come up with something substantially better

>Invulnerable Jon
Sorry, is hard for me to follow this, when did he cast protection from arrows and damage reduction spells?

Sansa cast them on him, he doesn't have enough levels in Cleric or Bard.

thats not part of the scene, thats part of the next scene

not an argument

The only thing that irked me about the episode was Ramsey not shooting Jon right there instead of the fucking giant that was already basically dead

Other than that I liked the cinematography this episode

We both know you would just shit on anything that gets posted user. If this is your favourite show, fair enough but lets not pretend it's anything special.

Yeah, that was shitty.

Everything about Ramsay was doing things "big" and talking shit. No way he'd take a pussy shot at Jon, he wanted to shoot him in the face when he knew Jon was looking

same thing did in Oberyn against the Mountain

knew it

indeed we did

Idk, in that situation when he's basically the last man standing you'd think he'd at least try to get the last laugh before he dies and take out Jon while he has a 100% winning chance.

I see what you're saying and I agree to a certain extent, but I'm also arguing that there is at least a precedent for Ramsay preferring mindgames to "winning"

Look at what he did with his last act, he played mind games with Sansa when he knew he was toast. And he knew he was toast earlier when he had a shot lined up on Jon

>I'm also arguing that there is at least a precedent for Ramsay preferring mindgames to "winning"
Like killing Rickon.

Man, the Battle of The Bastards should have been an example of hows Ramseys' inexperience in leading troops causes him to lose against a numerically inferior foe. As soon as Jon forces charged up to Ramseys posisiton, I was SURE that Jon was going to die right then and there, and his army would lose.

Yeah. There was a lot of room for them to do it differently. I know, Sansa saves the day, blah blah blah. I think they went the right direction by making Ramsay the more cunning commander, but Jon's military might should have tipped the scales like you say, even with the Wildling inexperience.

This.

I thought the whole point of GoT was that people don't get away with stupid shit. Sure, Jon owes Littlefinger, but besides that he got away totally free.

It's like the writers are at a point where they think "oh that would be SO cool if Jon charged in" without realizing that him getting away with it undermines the whole point of GoT. They're writing with a bunch of cliches and losing all of the nuance of the setting and characters.

>conveniently leaving out that essentially "the whole point of GoT" at this point is that Jon has some kind of god on his side

Are you stupid?

Dam Fucking right, best episode all season!

>have leather sheath
>takes fucking ages to sheath the sword back in because leather doesn't sit straight like wood
>absolutely useless in a fight

>have wooden sheath
>sword sheathes in extremely quickly
>can actually use to parry in a fight

GoT fans are retarded, no surprises there

>Ramsay the more cunning commander

Are you rusing me? Jon had a whole plan based around digging trenches to reduce the usefulness of the Boltons' cavalry. He wanted to keep the battle back towards the forest to 1) reduce Ramsay's ability to use his horses and 2) use the cover to shield his army from arrows

Ramsay's literal plan was DUDE FIRE AT WILL AT OUR OWN MEN LMAO

>2 good scenes
>entire series must be good!
literally too popular for its own good now
just like when breaking bad devolved into a boring fucking lull with no fucking plot or point to episodes to the point of there being an episode where he chases around a fly , then some gimmicky last minute scene thats "OH SHIT" and then everyone waits for the entire process to repeat itself

nah
fuck that show, they gave up when they started having character teleport to other countries in under 1 episode, where other characters take an entire season traveling

fucking retarded

Surprised you even bothered with them mate.

The whole point of the show from season 1 was that choices have consequences, even if you are a great guy or a king. So yeah, if Jon gets away with any stupid choice now, it undermines everything the show has been going for. Anyway, they didn't play the battle off like it was some miracle by the lord of light. They played it off like it was just blind luck and good timing.

Also, this doesn't change the fact that it's an awful cliche (like pretty much every scene is, at this point), a cliche that demonstrates the writers have no idea what they are doing.

>that young Ned casting
Fuck, I forgot

youtube.com/watch?v=s_HuFuKiq8U

nowy tends

I finished season 6 not so long ago, every season devolves into hyping up the final battle of the season.
I'm surprised TV can produce stuff like this.
the massacre of hardhome was impressive.

meh, it wasn't bad

It wasn't good either

That was a bad ass shot no doubt.

i remember in season 1 whenever everyone went ape shit over them cutting out the battle tyrion gets involved in when robbs army attacks the camp.

i kind of wish at this point they skipped and jumped ahead for all the major battles because they have all been fucking terrible.

Totally agree that the first half of the battle is pretty damn kino, especially considering it's a television show.

My biggest issues are:

>Why did they make John act like a retard? Just have Ramsay kill Rickon in front of the army or something. It really undermines him being crowned King in the North when he literally almost lost them the battle to begin with

>Why do the armies seem to shrink by about 3/4 about halfway though the battle?

>Who the fuck thought the ridiculous pile of corpses made sense?

>Why does Ramsay never wear armor?

>Why couldn't we get one aerial shot of the army formations?

There's a few more things, like Sansa being a huge cunt about the Knights literally riding to their rescue and Winterfell only seems to have a single gate, but that's pretty much it. I loved the long take but was pretty underwhelmed all in all.

Why is she so fugly?

I have seen more appropriate looking cosplayers.

>>Who the fuck thought the ridiculous pile of corpses made sense?

the fucking morons D&D. i think the idiots read cliff notes of some civil war battle and thought 'hey that's a neat idea, piles of bodies', too bad the only way shit like that happens IRL is on steep hills, not flat fucking fields

At least in the Books it is layed out from book one with hints scattered throughout.

As opposed to the show where they couldn't be bothered with it until season 6, then they drop two exposition anvils then call it a day.

>Why did they make John act like a retard? Just have Ramsay kill Rickon in front of the army or something. It really undermines him being crowned King in the North when he literally almost lost them the battle to begin with

Taking back Winterfell was only one of the reasons BotB took place. Once freed of his NW vows, he became honor-bound to try to rescue the last known living male heir (Rickon). Sansa tried to convince him that Rickon was already as good as dead but Jon is a retard

>Why do the armies seem to shrink by about 3/4 about halfway though the battle?

I dunno, the bodies piling up almost immediately after the battle started was stupid

>Who the fuck thought the ridiculous pile of corpses made sense?
Dabid

>Why does Ramsay never wear armor?
Armor as a whole has gotten worse as the series goes on, I'll give you that. Robb and Jorah both had badass real armor in Season 1. Then for some reason Jon is wearing the "Stark look" that Ned used for casual strolls around Kings Landing. Dumb

>Why couldn't we get one aerial shot of the army formations?
Probably would've looked stupid. There's a reason they hid a lot of the battle in close up dirty gritty style shots

>Armor as a whole has gotten worse as the series goes on, I'll give you that. Robb and Jorah both had badass real armor in Season 1. Then for some reason Jon is wearing the "Stark look" that Ned used for casual strolls around Kings Landing. Dumb

i can't even remember the last time i saw jorah wearing his armor. maybe in season 3? not sure

Jamie's armor in the siege on blackfish was top tier.

Too bad they stopped using the Hound's helmet and the Kingsguard armor looks like shit now.

Also, why does nobody wear surcoats/tabards and mail or plate? It would literally be the easiest way to identify people by House, and they could actually wear helmets for a change.

Fuck I forgot how good S1 True Detective was

>1 take

so what

>shits on someone elses opinion
>does not DARE to offer a counterpoint of any kind

fucking coward

>Your main advantage is a single giant that can kill a man per second
>Offer him absolutely no armor, weapon, or backup
>Don't use him strategically and just let him wander around
Seriously that shield wall would have been done if they had bothered to cut down a tree for him to swing around.

For every minor piece of armor you put on the fucker he could have killed another 100 men

also they sent him in right at the start

could you imagine the shock effect he could have had if they waited until the melee got bogged down and sent the giant in whirling a tree-trunk above his head

>It would weigh a shit fucking ton
DYEL?

Watch the end of Children of Men. ~15 minute single shot pure kino

>costanza.png
>.png

hardboiled has the best single shot and you're just being an edgelord if you say otherwise

Not only that, but his plan was probably the only way they would even get to participate in the fight without a route.

And firing into your own troops is going to cause some fucking issues along the line. You're going to have families of knights and men at arms coming to you for support. If you don't feed those families then they either die and fail to contribute to your rule, or they leave to join someone else.

Also I don;t give a fuck that Sansa got "raped". (Maritial rape happens to every bride in westeros) Her stupid spoiled ass didn't almost get buried alive in corpses so I think Jon deserved to beat Ramseys face in in fornt of his army.

ramsey still thought he had a chance to live by negotiating, and so shooting jon would destroy any chance of that, he was surrounded

>single-shot-style camera-follows-jon ( i don't know what they're called)
wow, this sums Sup Forums just right

>tfw no Grand Northern conspiracy in the show
>tfw we won't see Howland Reed take his army and his allies up to meet with Stannis to Seige Ramsey
>tfw we won't see his "allies" open the gates to have him gutted

No, this was Keeno

All I know is I was screaming "ZIGZAG! ZIGZAG YOU STUPID FUCK! ARROWS HAVE FLIGHT TIME!"

You might have thought the Scagosi would have taught him something.

the entire sansa arc was pure fanfiction
D&D are such massive sansafags that they stole other characters' storylines and gave them to her for muh rape sympathy and to make her seem more important

>shitty unrealistic battle with poor special effects, so what

Watchers on the Wall and Blackwater >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bastard Bowl

Bastard Bowl was kinda lame. Especially how it ends with le horse riders of rohan showing up AGAIN. Other than that it was ok-ish

>Blackwater
It was all down hill from there