Which European country makes the best cheeses?

Which European country makes the best cheeses?

Fraance

If you say so.

Russia because we banned all non russian cheeses.

Nothing beats the Dutch cheese of course

It's a hard one to call, I'd lean towards France

United Kingdom, specifically England

brb fapping to stilton

>current year
>eating c*w cheese

Turkey.

Oh good a cheese thread.

Fuck stilton, its all about that wensleydale nigga

>it's a bongs pretend to like cheese episode

>ireland
>br*tish

Would you stop with your god damn """"artistic"""" photos, you poor fuck.

Sorry only countries with actual good cheese can post in here, Amerinocheeses aren't allowed.

uuhm excuse me? this is clearly a french thread

Italians, definitely. French focus too hard on fragrance instead of having a strong, simple taste. Hell I'd put UK cheese over French cheese any day.

Switzerland

Unironically, this.

what the fuck mexico i thought we were friends or something

I sure do love gouda, senpai, but I don't know enough different Dutch cheeses to compete with France's variety.
Italy might be second behind France tbqh.

TWO
THIRDS
*maniac smile*

Sorry man but you guys focus too hard on having these crazy ass "complex flavors" like you're trying to have the cheese be the main dish. Italianos focus on making it a good ingredient first and foremost, which is why I basically always cook with italian cheese and basically never eat french cheese except maybe as a snack. I'm just not a cheese fanatic enough to eat cheese whole as a full meal.

If France isn't someone's favorite then it is almost certainly their second favorite. Don't feel bad.

step aside plebeians, posting king of cheeses ITT

none of them to be honest

You don't eat cheese? I was actually a cheese hater myself until I was like 20 or so but I'm really glad I got over it because I fucking love it now. Manchego from your cunt is one of my favorites.

i'm not spanish
i'm a simple man
i see cheese
i put on pasta or sandwich

>What is Emmental?
>What is Reblochon?
What do you use for chevre? Hell I'll take petit suisse over yoghurt each and every time.

Have none of you tasted the glorious Norwegian Jarlsberg cheese?

Also Netherlands. I'm too pleb to get into the smelly stuff.

Where are you from then? Just curious.

This terrifies the Norwegian.

Spain obviously

I have. It's a good general purpose cheese to have around. My favorite from Norway is Ridderost. Sweden has some good ones too like Västerbotten and Grevé. Not sure which cunt Herrgård is from but I like it too.

island known for being neglected by the US for over 100 years :^)

Guam?

>non-midwestern pleb risks life.jpg
Wisconsin and Chicagoland are leagues ahead of every shitty American state. Don't pity us. In fact, I pity you

nope, currently being extra neglected this week

yeah, I didn't really like it unfortunately

best ally

Who gives a shit about ch*ese when you have 15 lakes and space?

Ah, shit. Yeah sorry about that m8.

Everyone knows Wisconsin makes cheese but I didn't realize Chicago does too.

No, Chicago is just the biggest market for Wisconsin cheese. Some small village in the middle of nowhere (USA or Europe, doesn't matter) that produces the best cheese in the world doesn't matter much if there's no economic infrastructure to distribute it. So it's quite ideal that Wisconsin borders the #3 largest metro in the country.

I feel sorry for the coasts t.b.h.

Oh word, I got you. Yeah I worked in Madison for a month several winters ago and loved the cheese. Loved the town in general tbqhwy. Wisconsin seems like a nice and underrated place. And that's coming from a coastfag.

Both of my closest friends just moved there, so I might need to find an excuse to go to Madison too. Then again I don't need an excuse to get fat. It's really a question of whether

+ cheese curds
+ summer sausage
- deep dish pizza
- Portillo's

evens out in caloric intake

S-P-A-C-E

Greece

What are your favorite Greek cheeses? They're kind of sadly underrated for cheese in America. Everyone here knows feta (it's very common actually) but that's about it for most Murricans. Kasseri is delicious, as is kefalotyri.

I'd go with France but it's a tough call to make

But Poland can't into space

Who else is up there on your rankings?

The classics, Italy and UK (although I don't know too much about brit cheese I must admit), as well as my own cunt

What Swiss cheeses do people need to try? I love gruyère (sp?) but I don't know a lot of others.

Depends on your taste, I'd say Appenzeller, Tilsiter and Raclette Suisse are pretty famous.

Engliah wensleydale with cranberries

Switzerland obviously

Norway

Portuguese cheese is probably not the best, but it's pretty good, especially from the Azores

STOP

Not the best, but really fucking good. And underrated. Which ones do you like?

I don't believe I have ever had a cheese from any part of Portugal.

S-P-A-C-E

this
russia maeks best butter