How the FUCK is this piece of shit somehow getting a sequel?

How the FUCK is this piece of shit somehow getting a sequel?

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/film/jumper-2/
fakingstarwars.net/2016/10/19/hayden-christensen-returns-jumper-sequel-starring-bella-thorne/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

why would you lie like that?

jumper was cool as fuck

is the tv series going ahead?

>entire movie establishes that the jumpers one weakness is getting electrocuted
>main character gets electrocuted
>jumps out of it through sheer willpower
what a shitty flick

the griffin fight was kino tho

letterboxd.com/film/jumper-2/

>letterboxd

BACK TO YOUR CONTAINMENT THREAD

I loved that movie I hope Annie is still in it

I don't understand how anyone could possibly enjoy this movie. It had one of those stupid plots where the characters didn't behave rationally and a lot of the problems could have been avoided if they'd just taken a moment to talk about shit, and for such a cool premise the action wasn't even good.

It's just a movie you faggot.

brah he jumped through a wall to rob a bank

Bit late for a sequel, isn't it? Push is getting pretty long in the tooth for one, too, if they ever planned to make one in the first place.

I read the book that this was based on when I was like 10, it blows the movie out of the water.
>David teleports for the second time during a rape attempt by a gang of truckers
>later on he runs the trucker off the road and leaves him to die
>his mother is just a normal woman who gets BLOWN UP BY TERRORISTS after their first meeting
>David imprisons a CIA agent and the terrorist mastermind and forces them to cohabitate like the odd couple
>He builds a plexiglass box to teleport anywhere and kidnaps people
>while he lives in a penthouse in the movie, he spends most of the book in a cave in Arizona

Not to mention nonstop fap bait as older women perpetually try to seduce David

The movie was a huge disappointment

Let's not forget that Bourne Ultimatum just got a sequel nearly 10 years later.

I'll have to read this book sometime. Seems like a pretty consistent thing in Hollywood to take a good book and fuck it up by making a movie out of it.

I remember thinking this movie would have been so much better if he'd dumped that stupid bitch in the ocean and he and Griffin spent the rest of the movie living it up like bros with benefits.

Holy FUCK this is a stupid response.

why didn't he just jump extremely high up in the air so they couldn't follow him by prying open the portals?

Your face is a stupid response

That terrorist twist was shit and the shift ruined the book.

And then the sequel was shit - his girlfriend just learns to jump and he can't jump much at all for most of the book.

Your face is gonna look like Ryan Gosling's face in Only God Forgives after I'm done with it.

It was a good movie.

Only downside is the fact they did so much location shooting meant it was like 65 minutes long.

Say that to my FACE and not online and see what happens FAGGOT

>..director Doug Liman has spoken of his ideas for a sequel. Among them are that Jumpers can reach other planets and travel in time..

would watch the shit out of this

I thought it was alright.

The gift of teleportation is one not often touched on by movies. It's either established science and therefor never talked about, see most scifi flicks, or it's a superpower not deemed interesting enough to get any attention, see X-men.

The point is that centering an entire movie around teleportation isn't inherently a bad idea.

It's not, but the problem with Jumper is that they centered the movie around it and still barely talked about it. Instead they focused on cheap thrills with the "Let's run away from Samuel L Jackson" stuff, who, by the way, was extremely underdeveloped.

>He builds a plexiglass box to teleport anywhere and kidnaps people
Explain.

It's going to be a YouTube series starring Sup Forums's favourite, Bella Thorne
fakingstarwars.net/2016/10/19/hayden-christensen-returns-jumper-sequel-starring-bella-thorne/

>It's not
What's not?

>"Let's run away from Samuel L Jackson" stuff
Well it is an action movie. It is suppose to be fast and thrilling. Not much fast and thrilling about a 7-hour lecture on atomic reconstruction. Oh and of course there'd be running away. That's essentially the biggest advantage of personal teleportation: it makes you really really good at running away.

>extremely underdeveloped
He's a bad guy who wants to kill people who are different and born with powers his faith wouldn't allow.

>jumper
>sci fi classic

>What's not?
I was responding to the last sentence of your post.

And yeah, what you said is true, but the problem I had is that they didn't spend ANY time on it. I know it's an action movie, but there are plenty of good superpower films that have more depth than Jumper did. Similarly, that kind of villain can be handled better and not come off as a caricature.

I really would not be surprised if all of my problems with the film were fixed by the novel, but I've never read it.

I don't understand why is it so hated.

a somewhat genuine superhero/power story whitout to be a fucking marvel or dc circlejerk franchise

>the action wasn't even good
the bus and apartman teleporting were pretty good

You want a good sci-fi movie that isn't an adaptation of some comic book, watch The Fifth Element.

Oh I won't argue that it was perfect, but I recall enjoying it quite a lot for what it was.

I would agree that it would be nice if they'd delved a little more into why some people can teleport and others can't, and how it all works, but I quickly realized that it was a movie about (like you said) "running away from Samuel".

Could it have been better? Sure. Did I find it fun regardless? Yup.

>I'm gonna hunt you down because muh Bible
What a shitty villian

I dunno, I guess I was just expecting something different and at the time I had trouble coming to terms with a film not being what I expected. Maybe I'd enjoy it if I watched it again today. I know my brother sure liked it so it could just be a personal taste thing too. I will say it's always nice to see someone who still genuinely enjoys a movie that was critically panned. It means someone got something out of the hard work of all the people involved.

>It had one of those stupid plots where the characters didn't behave rationally and a lot of the problems could have been avoided if they'd just taken a moment to talk about shit

Never understood this as a complaint about films.

People barely behave rationally IRL. Why do people expect characters in films to make brilliant decisions?

In terms of plot I'm more annoyed if the entire set-up is contrived than if the characters themselves are dumb.

>if the entire set-up is contrived
Example of what you're talking about?

I mean, yeah, I can forgive people making dumb mistakes because that kind of thing happens. The problem is when the writing is so hollow that you cannot reasonably conceive the thought process that would lead to making that mistake. Writers are expected to know how to write real characters.